Author Topic: Little Brother - Get Back (Retail)  (Read 747 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Little Brother - Get Back (Retail)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 02:11:21 AM »
this the last album? i heard they broke up ?
or did 9th just leave?

yeah they parted ways with 9th, but this is def. not their last album...Big Pooh has a couple of projects coming up, his 2nd solo album, Dirty Pretty Things, and is also working on a album with Nottz, and Phonte has another Foreign Exchange album coming soon with Nicolay, and after all that they plan to do another LB album...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 02:13:27 AM »
Aight c'mon fellas, lets all get out and buy Get Back, this is why theyre being overlooked.  I dont mind rippin a cd off 50 because hes not gonna miss a couple dollars but we should all cop the LB album, you know its gonna be fire on October 23rd

yeah, if you download the album and are feeling it, then go out and buy the damn thing...i own every Justus League album and will continue to support them as a collective, but too many people are sleeping, or claim to support but dont buy shit...

Yup.. I use all my money on music and partying, problem is that I don't have a job at the moment, so I don't have enough money to support everything.. I'm looking for a job though :)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 06:38:20 AM »
This album is dope as hell, Little Brother once again prove y they r probably the best group around atm.....this album has a different feel to their previous albums but that wot they were aiming for and im so happy theyve managed to pull it off! Def coppin on the 23th if i can find it over here in England...

O FYI PHONTE was actually the one who leaked the album, he did it on the okayplayer forums i heard....

Anyway go out and support real hiphop!! October 23rd!!

the.SET

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:05 AM »
Yeah this album is definitely hot shit. Way different from TMS, but in a good, fresh, way.
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 02:38:09 AM »
O FYI PHONTE was actually the one who leaked the album, he did it on the okayplayer forums i heard....

Hehe, I hope not..

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 05:03:37 AM »

Hehe, I hope not..

Because: (elaborate)

I downloaded the album, and I have yet to hear it. Unless they drop Illmatic-quality, my wallet's refusing to shrink any further.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
I'm not really feeling this, a couple of tracks are alright, but generally the album feels a bit all over the place.

Also, I don't understand how people find Lil Wayne dope, he has spoiled two half decent tracks on this and the Kanye album recently. His voice is just so annoying to listen to.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »
^ He fell off is all. He was deecnt around Carter I-II era.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:26 PM »
*BUMP* PHONTE LEAKED THIS HIMSELF, EVERYONE SHOULD DOWNLOAD IT.   FUCK ATLANTIC RECORDS.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »
Word, Phonte leaked it himself.  It was actually funny as hell - when I opened the folder, there was another folder, then another, then another before finally finding the music.  He was fuckin w/ us a little bit, lol.

I haven't had a chance to really listen to it yet, but I prolly will this weekend.

And I agree completely with the others - If you like this shit, GET YOUR ASS OUT AND BUY IT.  You should reward those people that put out good shit.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 07:47:11 AM »
Album is dope, very dope. Short but sweet. Im feeling the production, imo its very diverse. Denaun laced a banger. Got a couple favorites but Ill let it sink in a couple more days.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »

Hehe, I hope not..

I downloaded the album, and I have yet to hear it. Unless they drop Illmatic-quality, my wallet's refusing to shrink any further.

Well I can't really see the point of leaking your own album if you wan't to earn some money from it...

Unless they had some issues with Atlantic Records??

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »
Haha check out what the tags says on iTunes:

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 03:00:21 PM »

Hehe, I hope not..

Well I can't really see the point of leaking your own album if you wan't to earn some money from it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

lmao on the iTunes tags though.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

Hehe, I hope not..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

lmao on the iTunes tags though.

"Altruism focuses on a motivation to help others or a want to do good without reward"... I see.. I believe that LB are putting out music for the fans and for hip hop and are not that concerned about the money, but I would think that they still want to get a nice paycheck. On the other hand, they'll probably get a pretty good amount of money from their fans who want to own the album.

I actually never heard of that ism (well I can't remember I have) but I like it :)... I guess it's pretty much the same as charity, I just have'nt heard the word "altruism" bfore..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 03:19:18 PM by Jakob with a K »