Author Topic: Canadian Dollar now worth more than the American Dollar  (Read 189 times)

Suga Foot

Canadian Dollar now worth more than the American Dollar
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:50 AM »
It's been over 30 years, but it's happening again, with a combination of a strong Canadian economy, and a not so strong American economy, the Canadian dollar was at 102 yesterday.  Good thing?  Bad thing?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Canadian Dollar now worth more than the American Dollar
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »
I just got a $2000 USD check in the mail today, so it's a bad thing, very bad thing.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »

The canadian economy must be absolutely terrible for the loonie to have only just caught up the american dollar. Especially when you consider that the U.S dollar has been devalued so massively in recent years, in fact since the inception of the euro. It is something that I need to do more reading into but presumably I can summise from this statistic that the canadians have scant impact on internetional trade.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 11:16:08 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah we suck up here in Canada. Bunch of commies running the show. Our "conservative" party in Ontario wanted to publicly fund all religious schools. Our right wingers in poltics here make Bob Kennedy Jr look like Ron Paul. It's all taxes all the time. Alberta is great though. If Alberta separated 5 years ago today their dollar would be worth more than double the US dollar. Dare I say even worth more than the euro.

I just got a $2000 USD check in the mail today, so it's a bad thing, very bad thing.

Don't cash it yet. Wait for the FED to use their magic to make the US dollar temporarily strong again then when they do buy a bunch of euros before the US dollar collapses again.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
Don't cash it yet. Wait for the FED to use their magic to make the US dollar temporarily strong again then when they do buy a bunch of euros before the US dollar collapses again.

I wish I could but my broke-ass need it to pay the bills.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »
actually canada is doing pretty well and the future is bright. oil prices are at record highs which make extracting canada's vast oil wealth economical (not as simple as sticking a straw in the sand of the arabian desert) and with global warming there gonna get plenty of prime farm land openned up to them plus this new shipping route through the artic.

In addition they are doing really well not to let the CAD rise too much against the USD because that would be bad to for their economy ie making their exports more expensive for their largest trading partner
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:17:25 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 01:57:26 AM »

It's only good for manufacturing, if manufacturing is a prominent part of the canadian economy. If it is not, then the value of the currency is terrible for the country. Also a big rise in the price of oil will affect the masses and benefit the few. The price of oil is increasing because the dollar has less buying power.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:06:47 AM by virtuoso »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »
service is also an exportable commodity

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?