Author Topic: Police Chief calls for all drugs to be made available on the NHS  (Read 134 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Calls for a radical overhaul of the country's drug laws by a controversial police chief have been given backing by a police Authority.

(Advertisement)

Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom has called for the legalisation of all drugs and for heroin to be made available on the NHS.

His views have been criticised by the Association of Chief Constables.

But the North Wales Police Authority today backed a report delivered to them by Mr Brunstrom calling for a revaluation of the country's drug laws.

The report will now be given to Home Secretary Jacqui Smith as part of a national consultation on drugs reform.

A response could also be submitted to the Welsh Assembly, which is about to conduct its own drugs consultation.

Mr Brunstrom told the authority there was a battle with "the flat earthers" who refused to adopt his stance.

"I am not proposing an anarchic free-for-all," he told Sky News, adding that more research was needed to investigate the link between mental disorders and cannabis use.

He said the Government's current policy was "irrational, illogical, hypocritical, and doesn't work".

He said 3m people take illegal drugs in the UK every year, 2.5 million are addicted to alcohol and 9.5 million to nicotine.

And the authorities' inability to stop drugs flooding the country was one reason that laws and regulations must change.

Britain has reached saturation point with the number of addicts and drogs are cheaper than ever, he said.

ACPO president Ken Jones said calls to decriminalise drugs were "arguably a counsel of despair".

Mr Jones said: "ACPO does not agree with the repeal of the Misuse Of Drugs Act 1971 or the legalisation of drugs - this is arguably a counsel of despair.

"Moving to total legalisation would, in our view, greatly exacerbate the harm to people in this country, not reduce it.

"It simply does not make sense to legitimise dangerous narcotic substances which would then have the potential to ruin even more lives and our neighbourhoods."
If this were to come into effect would this mean those people in wales would get their drugs for free while england has to pay 6 pounds fifty to get their fix?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
Re: Police Chief calls for all drugs to be made available on the NHS
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 04:15:06 AM »
I dunno, I feel like they should keep the profit in the streets, especially wit green, if they legalised it now, they would just make it less potent, thats the way I see it, I dunno, thats just my opinon