Author Topic: T.I.  (Read 929 times)

Lunatic

Re: T.I.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
hes done if he goes to jail
if he does 8 years, he won't be done

he'd come out at 35, and still have a decent rap career (like Pimp C)...just it would be a waste of what is supposed to be his best years, and he's literally on top of the south right now..he'd come back, but as a middle-tier dude
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »

he'd come out at 35, and still have a decent rap career (like Pimp C)...just it would be a waste of what is supposed to be his best years, and he's literally on top of the south right now..he'd come back, but as a middle-tier dude

He should lock himself in a room everyday and bang out 3 albums. Try to make up some new slang to be ahead of his time.

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

smegma

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »

You're comparing T.I. with Pimp C? I believe you're a good kid, but you admire this guy too much... I mean... T.I. still has a long way to go to be as influential and important as Pimp C before he went to jail :P

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »

You're comparing T.I. with Pimp C? I believe you're a good kid, but you admire this guy too much... I mean... T.I. still has a long way to go to be as influential and important as Pimp C before he went to jail :P
Pimp C may be a good rapper & a very influential figure in the south, but popularity in form of record sales has to also be taken into account, and when was the last time Pimp C or UGK sold as much as T.I.'s last 3 albums??

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

He should lock himself in a room everyday and bang out 3 albums. Try to make up some new slang to be ahead of his time.
I'm sure he will record a shit load of music if given the opportunity. He needs 2 get out on bail first

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:08 PM »

Pimp C may be a good rapper & a very influential figure in the south, but popularity in form of record sales has to also be taken into account, and when was the last time Pimp C or UGK sold as much as T.I.'s last 3 albums??

It ain't about sales for real fans.
T.I. is still a rookie compared to C

kemizt

smegma

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »

When was the last time Dr. Dre sold as much as 50 Cent?

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »

When was the last time Dr. Dre sold as much as 50 Cent?
that's different because Dre hasn't released albums...Pimp & UGK have, multiples ones as well

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 03:02:48 PM »

T.i. has proven over the last few years that his fan base is damn solid & strong..T.I. vs. T.I.P. didn't even have any groundbreaking singles (in terms of success) and boy is already platinum.

it would be crazy to say he'll come back in 7-8 years and still be on top..but if dude gets the minimum 5 year sentence if convicted on all charges, he'll serve 4 the most, and his career will be just fine

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 03:07:22 PM »
No Bail For Tip....

from www.xxlmag.com

T.I. was denied bond during his appearance in federal court this afternoon. The rapper was arrested on Saturday afternoon on federal weapons charges. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Tip appeared before U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman with his hands and legs shackled, and answered “Yes, sir,” and “Yes, your honor,” when asked if he understood his charges. He reportedly made eye contact with family members who were present in the standing room only courtroom. Prosecutors have asked the judge to hold Tip without bail until his trial, which could take several months to get under way. Baverman scheduled a hearing for Friday to determine whether there was probable cause for the rapper’s arrest and whether or not he will qualify for bond.

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
I guess this means I can drop my hopes that he'll shoot a video for "My Swag"  :-[
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
No Bail For Tip....

from www.xxlmag.com

T.I. was denied bond during his appearance in federal court this afternoon. The rapper was arrested on Saturday afternoon on federal weapons charges. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Tip appeared before U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman with his hands and legs shackled, and answered “Yes, sir,” and “Yes, your honor,” when asked if he understood his charges. He reportedly made eye contact with family members who were present in the standing room only courtroom. Prosecutors have asked the judge to hold Tip without bail until his trial, which could take several months to get under way. Baverman scheduled a hearing for Friday to determine whether there was probable cause for the rapper’s arrest and whether or not he will qualify for bond.

aren't they making the decision on friday to let him have bail or not?? that's what i'm taking from that story :-\ 

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »
I guess this means I can drop my hopes that he'll shoot a video for "My Swag"  :-[
we see what happens if he gets bail or not on friday

good news (if any) is he's got 2 guest appearance videos just waiting to be released to keep a buzz going while he fights this shit off (DJ Drama's 5000 One's & Big Kuntry's That's Right). If he can get bail, I think Scarface is probably going to shoot a video for Big Dogg Status as well.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »
another hearing is for friday...but this was to get him out "today"....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

T.i. has proven over the last few years that his fan base is damn solid & strong..T.I. vs. T.I.P. didn't even have any groundbreaking singles (in terms of success) and boy is already platinum.

it would be crazy to say he'll come back in 7-8 years and still be on top..but if dude gets the minimum 5 year sentence if convicted on all charges, he'll serve 4 the most, and his career will be just fine
I see what u are saying, but u gotta recognize C as a legend, pioneer and veteran

kemizt