Author Topic: It's coming  (Read 2377 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: It's coming
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 07:14:46 AM »
You should email him and ask him and ask him to get Ren,Cube,Paris or some other strong powerfull lyricist on the track.
I´m feeling the lyrics,get me in some NWA/PE mode.
There´s not to many of them left these days (that is on that page. RBX is,but he DON`T fit on that beat).
The track is cinematic shit so believe you when it sounds good on your home theater system.
Damn,the shit is my favorite track this year,both Dre and Kam came correct.
it's funny that you mention Paris, cause i think a Paris beat would actually add more fuel to Kam's lyics imo; listen to Sonic jihad and Rebirth of a nation and you'll know what i mean.

it's good to see that dre keeps experimenting with his sound though, but i do hope he gets his sound complete for detox.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 07:23:29 AM »
I'm workin' on another classic people. just be patient. Detox is coming!!!
Hey dre, just focus on making another cali luv shit and you'll have nothing to worry in sales-wise.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:26:16 PM »
Am I the only one that actually loves Dre's "new" style?
"Murder these murders" (kam,unreleased) has been my favorite track ever since it leaked. I rather see him doing the "piano" style direction than more of the generic "club" joints. But I guess that just me?

Ain't this a free post thread?
Ban the fool before there will be 10-15 free post threads on the front page.
can u hook me up with that murder these murderers track
props yea that track is crazy kams voice sounds good on it yea would be crazy with mc ren too

Yup,but you got to let me know what you think.
I love the track,Kam came way correct. Sound like some 2007 NWA shit,he should call up Ren and/or Cube to spit some shit over it.
Murder Dem Murderers (Produced By Dr. Dre).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?blh9fxiyjps

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 06:19:57 AM »
ah too bad you didn't really get to see a Paris concert.

anyway, what's up with kam's album, i mean, he may put a mixtape out soon, but he still hasn't found a label for his soloalbum has he(hopefully he does get at least 1 dre beat)?

and about dre; i agree with you, that i rather see him making these piano style beats(it's good to see him innovate himself), than those club tracks ( how we do it over here and fire for example are very disappointing imo).
me and some others kind of already discussed about this here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=155558  ( well not exactly, more about the business side of aftermath, but the deal he has with interscope clearly is reflected on the musical direction of aftermath's releases , with the exception of 2001, because dre only has full control on his own soloalbums). i guess deep inside dre doesn't want to make those type of singles, but he's willing to make that sacrifice, now that he hasn't so much bad luck as he had with ruthless and death row.

it's just that i feel like dre hasn't completely mastered that pianostyle. a lot of these piano style tracks have great potential, but seem to lack something to make it even better.
i mean, a beat like ain't nuthin' but a g thang may be easier for dre to produce than what he makes now ( considering the production tools), but somehow it has a lot more advanced/varied sound imo( at least it gives that illusion). offcourse , dre's current sound is more advanced when it comes to the production tools( and the beats are mixed better), but at the same time the beat gives a much more simple impression( don't you have that same feeling as i have, when you listen, for example, to "no stopping carson"?)

i hope i described it well enough to understand what i'm trying to say  ;) it's kinda hard for me to describe what i think about dre's new style, when i compare it with his earlier work.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:05 AM »
so we pretty much agree with eachother about which direction dre should take with aftermath  ;)
somehow i want to see all those albums get pushed back further ( well actually i don't, offcourse i want them without the bullshit singles, but it aint gonna happen); hopefully dre will get the message. because, interscope wants more singles from those albums than before ( i mean, look at encore and curtis, they had many singles).

and about the chronic, yeah, i see your point; some tracks were more raw, and others were more laid-back but they still had one matching sound. so hopefully i'll appreciate the piano style beats more when a whole album is filled with it ( detox). i hope he does pick the best though  ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:26:36 AM by Dre-Day »

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »
"Detox" is coming?! Oh shit!! ...damn, it's coming since 2004...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »

If you´re talking about some of those generic pop acts he got signed,
they don´t need to get pushed back,he should just dump them mofos ASAP!
If you´re talking pushing back Detox,yes if "quality" material that meets Dre´s standards ain´t produced
I rather wait another five years than that´s he´s rushing out a subpar album because the "fans" can´t wait.

no , i meant that i would like interscope to push back a lot of aftermath albums (like bishops) even more,  cause maybe that will change dre's mind and let him cut ties with interscope.

offcourse i don't really like the fact that interscope keeps pushing back some albums( although i don't really care about artists like eve, even though she is signed to geffen, geffen isn't really different than interscope), but it may be the only wake up call for dre. cause interscope won't change; a few years ago ( not sure when the good situation with aftermath ended, but probably when dre sold his share of aftermath) the situation was acceptable, but these constant pushbacks are getting rediculous.
besides, aftermath hasn't really got that many artists signed, but since 2006, only 2 albums have been released ( one of them is from 50 cent), that's quite said isn't it ( ok busta might release an album this year).

as far was detox, yeah, offcourse i'm still a bit disappointed that dre couldn't reach the estimated release date(s), but after reading the latest interviews with dre, i'm glad that he didn't release it yet, cause it would probably be a rushed product.

but if it's really true that he's a few tracks away from completing detox, he shouldn't be taking too many years now though, somewhere between now and two years ( roughly) it must be released otherwise the pressure may kill detox  ;)

so release detox, go out with a bang ( a big international tour or something) and then cut ties with interscope.

cause let's be realistic, like you said, bishop , stat quo, or whoever won't be able to release their album unless the albums contain at least 5 wack songs. then the so called "controversial" tracks will either be heavily censored or completely removed. 50 cent will probably leave interscope anyway in 2008, so then only detox and eminem's album will be left. interscope may allow to release a 2nd busta rhymes album, but then it's probably over with aftermath.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 12:12:26 PM »
true, ppl will be disappointed no matter when it's going to be released(the expectations are so unrealistic)

i obviously don't know how the "2004" detox would sound like, but even back then, ppl would have been disappointed(and if it's true that the beats that were supposed to be on that detox, were sold to other artists, í'm glad detox didn't come out in 2004).

and about cancelling detox, he should do that if he can't release it between now and 2 years i guess, cause if he's not ready soon, he'll never be ready.

but before the chronic, he also had a lot of pressure( i mean, he was continuing to develop a different sound, he never knew it would become so popular. what if it flopped?), even though it's different. but it didn't ruin the quality of the album.
before 2001, he had pressure, to prove that he didn't fall off.

so if he can't complete detox, that means it's the first time that the pressure is too much for him to release a soloalbum. i'm not saying it's easy, but so far, the pressure motivated dre even more(well at least with the first 2 albums).
and yeah i noticed that the subject matter in the topic has changed a lot, but that's good, cause i think we shouldn't give the topic starter too much attention.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:15:48 PM by Dre-Day »

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
if its coming lets hear a few tracks dre  :D

Hey What if it's really Dre getting some feedback? Dre, dont stop Rhymin'. Even though you dont write you gotta dope delivery.

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

maxpowers

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »
i know someone who has had the opportunity to listen to some so called tracks for detox and he/she said whenever it drops, it will blow everything out the water. All those piano tracks or even tracks for jay z and others are tracks done on the spot or just random beats he has. He/She went on to say that "Imagine" was never intended for detox and neither was get you some, higher, 30 something. When dre works on his shit, he goes ten times harder and nobody has a clue when or where he's at. To sum it up, he makes beats that exclusive clients come and hop on and then he makes music for detox.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 10:55:57 PM »
Dr.Dre is just afraid that Detox turns into the Biggest disapointment in hiphop History, thats why its not gonna be released..atleast not for now