Author Topic: Are black people as cool as they used to be?  (Read 1794 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Are black people as cool as they used to be?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 05:06:11 PM »
Well pure Black expression isn't being seen. You have white execs telling Black folks how to act "Get that intelligent shit outta here cause the kids dont want to hear it". The "kids" are part of the problem meaning that instead of promoting to whoever wants to buy it, they started saying "This is for 18-24 and this is for 25-40". All my favorite people growing up were way older than me like Richard Pryor, Benny Hill, George Burns etc..

I am arguing that the reason hip-hop isn't as cool anymore is because black people aren't as cool anymore.  Hip-hop is a reflection of the people that produce it.  Now I see below, somebody has made the argument that it's the white execs fault.  But if that's the case, how come it's mostly white people at the concerts and in the record stores supporting the careers of conscious artists such as Dead Prez and Mos Def?
Well, the people buying aren't the executives, you just said it. http://thehiphopcosign.wordpress.com/2007/10/16/atlantic-records-tries-to-pimp-14-yr-akeela-the-bee-actress/

herpes

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »
this thread is sad

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Narrator

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
I am arguing that the reason hip-hop isn't as cool anymore is because black people aren't as cool anymore.  Hip-hop is a reflection of the people that produce it.  Now I see below, somebody has made the argument that it's the white execs fault.  But if that's the case, how come it's mostly white people at the concerts and in the record stores supporting the careers of conscious artists such as Dead Prez and Mos Def?

The brothers have been brainwashed by the Zionist media, while the crackers enjoy conscious rap because it gives them a sense of control to see that they're the only ones observing the dangers of the Enlightened 5% who will reveal the truth come Judgment Day.

Either way, crackers ain't shit.  Allah said I gotta kill them all.

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 09:37:54 PM »
^^Too bad toby. you want it to be one way, but it's the other

Workplace Supervisor

• Lil Geezy
  • two of my bottom bitches
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »
I think black people can still be great fun! Anferny, from accounts payable, you should see his multi tasking ability. Sometimes when I'm observing this beautiful black beast during my rounds through the office, I notice he often has a business call on our land line, while reviewing information on the computer, and conversating with his "baby mama" on one of those two way texters their people have, it's phenomenal! i just wish he wouldn't sound like one of those disreputable rapper types when he gets excited, it could have the potential to make some clients feel awkward.

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 11:48:26 PM »
I think black people can still be great fun! Anferny, from accounts payable, you should see his multi tasking ability. Sometimes when I'm observing this beautiful black beast during my rounds through the office, I notice he often has a business call on our land line, while reviewing information on the computer, and conversating with his "baby mama" on one of those two way texters their people have, it's phenomenal! i just wish he wouldn't sound like one of those disreputable rapper types when he gets excited, it could have the potential to make some clients feel awkward.

I smell troll

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »
 8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 12:53:32 AM »
 In 2013 everyone listens to Aussie/white hip hop and i feel like a old out of fashion grandpa with my black hip hop collection so i guess black people aren't as cool any more?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 05:23:09 AM »
In 2013 everyone listens to Aussie/white hip hop and i feel like a old out of fashion grandpa with my black hip hop collection so i guess black people aren't as cool any more?
says who ? you the pedophile ? we will always be cool you just out of touch.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
wow never saw this thread  :o  :-[  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:35 AM »
lmao@banana boy in this thread

infinite, pushin the envelope, as always..

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
wow never saw this thread  :o  :-[  :laugh:

infinite might be the #1 troll on this site as far as getting people riled up

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
says the kids of today mother fucker.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »
says the kids of today mother fucker.
youre pushing 40. what in the hell do you know about the kids of today?
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!