Author Topic: Young Dre The Truth-The Breaking News Blog: IM GOIN IN ON'EM  (Read 70 times)

mackaveli7

• Lil Geezy
  • "KC3 Monumental Forever"
Young Dre The Truth-The Breaking News Blog: IM GOIN IN ON'EM
« on: October 16, 2007, 11:03:54 PM »
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38794317&blogID=319792546

Brand New Blog & Music

"I'M GOING IN ON 'EM"
In 2days current day of watered down programmed music, that plays so much,(on the radio) u start 2 know it by heart & try 2 like it, (Got Cha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

In the time of mediocre rap, Jigga booing has strengthen meanwhile substance has weakened. All the while over the years the major labels have $cashed in$ Fortunes. In the time of the internet &  downloading majors have started 2 decline greatly & actually not even see a profit from investments they swore was a hit or a potential hit. The look, the sound, the message the POWER of an artist has disappeared. Style over substance, HIP HOP has 2 be chek'd, By Us & only us, we validate what's right or wrong, we decide what's hot & what's not, Have we 4gotten who we are totally, Now a days, if u work with this hot producer ur Hot; but ur raps are Not, but if ur hook is good ur in. People had opinions b4, now we r brainless 2 what is what anymore, The Rap Game aint selling how it use 2 be. Because we(people) are bored with the same ole Nursery rhyme Rap, meanwhile the craft is excelling with others who have real things 2 say that move people, songs that make us energized with life, 2 keep it 100, the watered down songs appear 2 have a similar effect on those who just want 2 party. Those of us who r searching always 4 spiritual connections are lost 2 only make their own music, or just play old school.

I witnessed a show here in LA the other day that I felt was the exact opposite of what Rap\HipHop was 2 me, (the Hipster scene) was something 2 describe, Man I went in there 2 meet some of my colleagues & politic. When I walked in, it wasn't the reality rap scene, it wasn't even back pak rap or even skateboard, it was the white boy, with a lil black in it weirdo, soft batch watered down, damn there gay(metrosexual) rap (hipster scene.) I was not 2 familiar with this part of the rap game, It was like being @ a try out 4 all those who didn't have swag or Fire 2 come out & try 2 be a rapper talent show, I tried 2 listen @ times, but when I did I heard humor that was not funny 2 me, I felt like DAMN this is where WE (HIPHOP) is Now. It was like cutting on B E T late night & catching the jazz performances, sounds cool huh, If u remember correctly the Jazz show on B E T was a good thing especially 4 all the Greats of that genre of music, but I recall 90% of those Jazz performers were white folks, I'm not trippn on the white folks making great music, but where were all the Great black Jazz singers. 2 say that is just 2 say this. I feel we as a RAP\HIP HOP nation don't really even see what is happening here; certain “scenes” as people are calling them will come & pass. Maybe, yet instill this sh*t was a MFn trip, some of the doods had flow here & there, the point is they didn't have it, I looked @ it as if this was a punked, when was Ashton Kutcher coming out & who was he punking, I looked around & the few supporters that were there were really supporting throwing their hands up, like they were @ a RunDMC concert in the 80s. As a real artist I'm serious about this\our art-form we call Rap music, Which these days has become so corny 2 be, if ur not platinum & some1 ask what do u do, if ur honest they look & laugh a lil like everybody’s a rapper. Sh*t as I looked around @ that show, I felt like DAMN everybody is a rapper. Knowing that's not true but 2 see all these cats who look like punk rocker, trendy euro looking rap rejects. Was CRAZY, I couldn't even take this serious. My point where the Fu*k has real RAP gone, We need 2 step it up NOW. This trendy sh*t is giving us (HIPHOP\RAP) a twist we don't need. I don't ever want 2 appear 2 be knockn any1s hustle, but this is my art form I LOVE since I was in 3rd grade in a foster home when no 1 was rapping @ school but me & 1 other kid, even on up 2 jr. High & high school I was the Rapper, years later when there were 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 rappers in a school that number now has become 40 or 50% of the inner city youth can rap now, it is on the list of ways 2 get out of the Hood. Graduate & go 2 college is 1, Choice #2 is work a 9 to 5, choice #3 play sports(college) #4 is 2 Hustle(sell narcotics or break b*tches) #5 choice is 2 Rap NOW, when b4 people who rapped really had it, now u get in the studio rap on a beat do a hook corny or not & now ur a bonafied rapper, remember the old school singers that could all really sing from the 50's,60's  70's & even the 80s, b4 the talk box or extra studio reverb & support on a singers voice. U had 2 be able 2 blow 2 throw down on the MIC. RIGHT, Nope these days DJs so called DJs can't even scratch, Rappers can't even freestyle, battling 2day is playing the dozens in a rhyme format. Or not knowing the difference in appearance between a RnB Singer or a so called hard core gangsta rapper.  We have 2 step up or watch what we, who truly love this go down the drain, I had a movie producer tell me the other day, Rap aint what it was 5yrs ago, I looked @ him & said yeah, I guess ur right, yet in still we r Bigga than what we were 5years ago, the consumer wants 2 be fed, we have made the average rap fan evolve 2 know what's real & what's not, even though the masses don't quite know yet, a large group of so called squares do know what's dope & what feels real & honestly know when they hear sincerity ,truth & integrity.

4 all our proud black folks who love us the younger generation succeeding in this industry, thankU. 4 yall who don't try 2 become in tune with us, I know its hard, just put out an effort, it’s interesting how Oprah of all people who we(the hiphop community) respect & have become very proud of what she(Oprah) has accomplished & continues 2 accomplish, 4 her of all people 2 attack Ludacris of all artist or 2 make comments on the Imus comments is Ludacris, People think they know by hearing 1 song how a artist is or thinks, I understand if they hear us rapping explicit content, it’s easy 2 generalize everything in 1 category & say this is all Bad. HipHop\Raps biggest reply is what about the movies, all the xxx sex, all the violence all the explicit visual content, but that appears to not even be an argument once that is brought up. How could any intelligent person say, racist comments or ideas come from or were made because of rap music, LOL 4real,4real.

2 even entertain the thought of rap being the problem 4 our(USA's) society's confusion is backwards, Rap music is a pure product made in Amerikkka, the rap I grew up on was waaay more dangerous 2 the powers that be. As far as speaking the truth about real conditions in our country & community’s & how we r still being persecuted, oppressed & trapped or set up 4 failure, to blame the white man was a saying in the blk. Community When I was a child, now I see we r 2 blame our selves also along with the government that does not care about black, white, or any other nationality that resides here in the states, we r the masses, WE are all expendable, 2 be disregarded, @ any time. The polluted food we consume, all the fast & grocery store bought food, the diseases that are purposely created in my opinion, then the drugs created 2 so call cure actually "prolong life in pain" is crazy. Otc(over the counter) drugs, that r in conjunction with the western medicine field( our own praised Dr.s & hospitals) that funnel the man made strategic drugs, thru another organized gang the "insurance company’s" is Crazy, some say conspiracy theory, some know this 2 be true, that is the real issue @ hand, how our country & so called president can spend 84billion on the war, but can't spend 84,000 on the poor, or 8,400 on a store that sells organic or real whole foods, we have 2 pay 4 Water & then watch which bottled water ur buying, its 2 much going on, that we aren't even discussing on a regular, 2 be so concerned with what rap music is doing, it appears 2 be the new scapegoat or target 2 so much going on. So 2 elaborate on people who have their own opinion & make their own public statements it really shows the true ignorance that people in strong media positions hold. On that note I choose 2 speak the TRUTH, consistently & purposely in person & in my music. I would love 2 hear more Truth in music in general more passion, More soul more in tune spirits, this is a journey we all have 2 make some make it some don't....... In drastic & harsh times “Only a few chose Rise" & I would love 2 change that 2 many......

YOUNG DRE' THE TRUTH
KC3 MONUMENTAL.......