Author Topic: Philadelphia School Policy Forces Parents to Be Fingerprinted  (Read 149 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Philadelphia School Policy Forces Parents to Be Fingerprinted
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »
PHILADELPHIA  —  The Philadelphia School District on Thursday was trying to clarify a policy that requires parents to submit to FBI fingerprinting before they can enter their children's classrooms.

One mother said she found out about the policy when she signed in to visit her daughter's first-grade class at the Meredith Elementary School. Alison McDowell said she was told every parent who enters the school must have criminal, child abuse and FBI fingerprint clearances.

McDowell went to the School Reform Commission, where commissioner Jim Gallagher urged staff to simplify the clearance process. He called the policy "crazy."

A new state law requires employees to have FBI background checks. But a district official says some principals may have mistakenly extended that requirement to parent volunteers.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303337,00.html

Now that's just ridiculous.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Philadelphia School Policy Forces Parents to Be Fingerprinted
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 05:45:53 PM »
Surprise surprise...that's why if I ever have kids homeschooling is the only option.  The school is now a prison as well.  Fuck this fascist bullshit.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »
Surprise surprise...that's why if I ever have kids homeschooling is the only option.  The school is now a prison as well.  Fuck this fascist bullshit.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

swangin and bangin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »
thats fucked up
who ever made that up is in need of a desperate ass beating

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:37:54 AM »
This is only the beginning my niggas, only the beginning.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:19:23 AM »

You beat me to it 7even, this is truly only the beginning. Now it's a test of just how deeply apathetic people will remain to be. This shows us once again, that you can not put trust or faith in a politician whatsoever, i wouldn't even trust them to mow the lawn without trying to ransack the garden. Only overwhelming public opposition can stop this and that will lead to mass arrests. The question is, how many people are prepared to go to jail, especially here, as any unauthorised protest will lead to arrest. This of course, curtails any sense of spontaneity and in turn controls us because it is when you have that burning seething feeling that you want to protest. However such a protest is now in breach of the organised crime act.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »
im sorry im a bit off topic here but, virtuoso, do you live in sheffield by accident,and study at the hallam university?
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

Hey Z
Nope I have been to university but never attended any university in Sheffield and I live in Shropshire not up North.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
ok sorry then lol, cuz im interested in this hallam university, where did you study?

peace
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »
My mommy's a convicted crack head, now I can't go to school.