Author Topic: Jay Z - American Gangster (leaked) 2 songs missing?'?  (Read 718 times)

Elevz

Re: Jay Z - American Gangster (leaked) 2 songs missing?'?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
from a quick listen through, i was very disappointed. jay needs to just quit before he starts tarnishing his career. quit while youre at the top.

I don't agree with that. He can still make money by doing what he likes doing the most. I also never understand why people say that sports people should stop at their top. Shit, as long as they have fun doing something let them do it! No statistics book will erase what they have achieved in the past.

I just can't agree with you here. Sure you're right about the fun they might have, just doing what they're doing, but looking from a communal perspective, it's devastating to the way these heroes are perceived. Remember Biggie is to be a legend forever, while 50 Cent is seen as a sucker these days. Of course no history book will change the achievements, but by continuing on trying, he's only damaging his legacy more and more. That's the very same thing Jay-Z is doing.

Now if Jay-Z himself wouldn't give a shit about his legacy - that would give him the possibility to just keep dropping his mediocre raps. Thing is, we all know that Jay-Z more than anyone in rap history attaches value to his status as a legend. Hell, he even made up that status for himself, and made the public believe it. The longer he keeps going, the more he'll proceed in demolishing the one thing he values so much: the way the public looks at him.

Ask yourself this question:
Would Rintje Ritsma be less of a legend if he had stopped ice skating 4-5 years ago?

:raisetheroof:

Less? No. More? Yes. He's doing the commentary now though, in a nice woolen jersey! His career is stained though.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »
from a quick listen through, i was very disappointed. jay needs to just quit before he starts tarnishing his career. quit while youre at the top.

I don't agree with that. He can still make money by doing what he likes doing the most. I also never understand why people say that sports people should stop at their top. Shit, as long as they have fun doing something let them do it! No statistics book will erase what they have achieved in the past.

I just can't agree with you here. Sure you're right about the fun they might have, just doing what they're doing, but looking from a communal perspective, it's devastating to the way these heroes are perceived. Remember Biggie is to be a legend forever, while 50 Cent is seen as a sucker these days. Of course no history book will change the achievements, but by continuing on trying, he's only damaging his legacy more and more. That's the very same thing Jay-Z is doing.

Now if Jay-Z himself wouldn't give a shit about his legacy - that would give him the possibility to just keep dropping his mediocre raps. Thing is, we all know that Jay-Z more than anyone in rap history attaches value to his status as a legend. Hell, he even made up that status for himself, and made the public believe it. The longer he keeps going, the more he'll proceed in demolishing the one thing he values so much: the way the public looks at him.

Very well put, props.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 10:53:04 PM »
is the album really bad? i had high hopes kind of, but after the snippets they were brought down a bit..but snippets are just that...blue magic is the SHIT, INCLUDING jay's raps
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »
Im gonna wait til I cop it before I drop my thoughts, but there are a lot of Jay Z haters on this board, so I usually don't believe ya'll, Blue Magic and Roc Boys are pretty damn good, if the other songs are at least this good it will be a good album, but I know Jay has some tricks up his sleeves, can't wait