Author Topic: BET Awards are sorry as fuck  (Read 663 times)

Elevz

Re: BET Awards are sorry as fuck
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »
To be real - all Hip Hop award show suck and have sucked in recent years. The last time I saw a good Hip Hop award show (not just 1 good performance) was back in like the early 2000's when the Source awards were still relevant.

Tell me, how would you put together a hip-hop award show that wouldn't suck? To be fair, I don't think it's even possible to put together a bunch of performances and awards that's even half way decent, with the way the current state of music is looking.
Be glad to correct me if I'm wrong.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
To be real - all Hip Hop award show suck and have sucked in recent years. The last time I saw a good Hip Hop award show (not just 1 good performance) was back in like the early 2000's when the Source awards were still relevant.

Tell me, how would you put together a hip-hop award show that wouldn't suck? To be fair, I don't think it's even possible to put together a bunch of performances and awards that's even half way decent, with the way the current state of music is looking.

well i think it depends who is performing. if it is like dre snoop cube eminem nas and jay-z and all like the heavyweights up there i think it would be good. but if you got hurricane chris and soulja boy followed by gucci mayne and plies as the finale then it will obv. suck big dick. but sadly thats how they do these award shows  :-\

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »
BET fell off a long time ago

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:16 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 10:06:52 PM »
BET fell off a long time ago

8)

nah i dont think we should blame BET, its not BET's fault if the industry is for the kids now, and they are taking over wit Bullshit like Ay Baybay or Crank Dat

Elevz

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »

well i think it depends who is performing. if it is like dre snoop cube eminem nas and jay-z and all like the heavyweights up there i think it would be good. but if you got hurricane chris and soulja boy followed by gucci mayne and plies as the finale then it will obv. suck big dick. but sadly thats how they do these award shows  :-\

lmao. An award show with Dre and Snoop performing their old ass hits. Is that what you have hopes of?

Seriously though. Rap has evolved, while most people on this board are standing still right inside of it. If these 'Hurricane Chris', 'Soulja Boy' and 'Gucci Mayne' are running the charts these days, don't get mad at them dominating the award shows as well. Don't blame yourself for standing still, and don't blame the industry for moving on. It's just the way things are going - expecting to be amazed at the BET Awards is just ridiculous, really.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »

lmao. An award show with Dre and Snoop performing their old ass hits. Is that what you have hopes of?

Seriously though. Rap has evolved, while most people on this board are standing still right inside of it. If these 'Hurricane Chris', 'Soulja Boy' and 'Gucci Mayne' are running the charts these days, don't get mad at them dominating the award shows as well. Don't blame yourself for standing still, and don't blame the industry for moving on. It's just the way things are going - expecting to be amazed at the BET Awards is just ridiculous, really.

i really don't give a shit if they dominate the charts. that doesn't mean anything. I'm talking about them performing at award shows for HIP-HOP. It's NOT GOOD hip-hop, and yes i would definatly rather listen to dre and snoop perform old songs. those songs never get old  8)

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 09:19:02 AM »

i really don't give a shit if they dominate the charts. that doesn't mean anything. I'm talking about them performing at award shows for HIP-HOP. It's NOT GOOD hip-hop, and yes i would definatly rather listen to dre and snoop perform old songs. those songs never get old  8)

So don't you think it would be ridiculous for the Source Awards to give Best Rapper 2007 to Dr. Dre, and to have a line-up full of artists like Ice Cube, Eminem and Snoop Dogg? Do you really think that would make these awards more credible? I too like them better than any of these current chart toppers, but that doesn't make them more relevant for the industry right now.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
bet awards are shit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 06:28:32 PM »

So don't you think it would be ridiculous for the Source Awards to give Best Rapper 2007 to Dr. Dre, and to have a line-up full of artists like Ice Cube, Eminem and Snoop Dogg? Do you really think that would make these awards more credible? I too like them better than any of these current chart toppers, but that doesn't make them more relevant for the industry right now.

yo my dude, were on the same page...but were reading different books. I'm saying they these guys topping the charts are gay and make terrible music they call "hip-hop". What's gay is it is all horrible mainstream rap. What they should do is go to the westcoast and listen to real music. WC had an incredible album, but he gets no recongnition. So what I'm sayin is tell soulja boy he can dance and make all the ringtone money he wants. but sit the award show out. it's for hip hop, not for people that are desperate for money.

MediumL

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »
I'm guessing the west coast invitations must of got lost in the post LMAO no hate. I mean yall can say fuck BET but common, even the Chi had more peeps there.

West coast = E 40 and Ras Kas didn't it?
Chi = Twista, Common and Kanye

Shit even UK and Canada got same exposure as west coast at the BET awards. You can say it aint important but it is cause if you think how the west used to have 1/3 of the performers, now its got hardly any and they only invited E 40 cause they didn't give him an award before when he deserved it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 02:38:12 AM »
they only invited E 40 cause they didn't give him an award before when he deserved it.

I didn't know BET have an award for "worst album" as well?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »
they only invited E 40 cause they didn't give him an award before when he deserved it.

I didn't know BET have an award for "worst album" as well?

LOL +1