Author Topic: Bastards of the party  (Read 178 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bastards of the party
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:44:43 PM »
Just got finish watching this documentary by the Bones dude. I thought it was actually good. Anybody else watch seen it?
Just in case if any of you guys want to watch

swangin and bangin

Re: Bastards of the party
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »
i think ive seen it on HBO

aint it bout compton and gangs and shit

yea it was good
that dude who tells the story is gangsta

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:52:22 PM »
i think ive seen it on HBO

aint it bout compton and gangs and shit

yea it was good
that dude who tells the story is gangsta
Yea it basically deeps down into the root of all the madness. But i give him props for that dvd it wasnt on no ignorant bs shit

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »
Damn.  That's a pretty good film.  That Bones dude narrating was in Training Day which, of course, was directed by Fuqua.  I remember on the DVD he talks about shooting some of the film in Blood neighborhoods.  I'm gonna pick this up on DVD at some point.

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:03:54 PM »
One of the best documentaries on the topic.

Some others include Gangsta King, discussing the rise of Raymond Lee Washington, and Why We Bang, although both are somewhat low budget and don't really go into too much detail as Bastards of the Party.

There's also the made for TV film Redemption, check that out as well if you're interested in Stanley Tookie Williams.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »
One of the best documentaries on the topic.

Some others include Gangsta King, discussing the rise of Raymond Lee Washington, and Why We Bang, although both are somewhat low budget and don't really go into too much detail as Bastards of the Party.

There's also the made for TV film Redemption, check that out as well if you're interested in Stanley Tookie Williams.
Yea I saw that but for some reason wasn't really feeling it. Maybe because jamie fox was the actor

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »
Yea I saw that but for some reason wasn't really feeling it. Maybe because jamie fox was the actor

Yeah I see what you're saying. It must of been hard to find anybody of the same physical stature as STW. I watch it from time to time, mostly for this one track they were playing from a car in one of the scenes. The chorus went "West Side, East Side, North Side, South Side" with a Talkbox laced G-Funk beat.

Can't find it on eBay, record shops or Blogs and am still looking for that track to date!