6 (7.4%)
Mellow Man Ace - Mentirosa
1 (1.2%)
Luniz - I Got 5 On It
37 (45.7%)
N2Deep - Back to the Hotel
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Greatest Westcoast One Hit Wonder  (Read 1602 times)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Greatest Westcoast One Hit Wonder
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
MC Hammer most definitely.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

smegma

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »
that back to the hotel has that best sample of the trumpet  :o wheres warren g.? his biggest and only hit was "regulate""

Yeah, he woulda killed this poll

What is your definition of a one hit wonder? Cause both Coolio and Warren G sure are not one hit wonders ::)

Then how is Luniz one hit wonders?

Luniz actually had one hit.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
MC Hammer most definitely.

wtf? mc hammer was no one hit wonder! he has 3 albums that went more than platinum...and string of hits like "cant touch this"and
"2 legit 2 quit"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 11:56:35 PM »
I had this idea for a while, and thought it would be ignored. After all, who wants to talk about Skee-Lo and Paperboy. But I think it was a good idea, and we have some really good convo. Beats the "Game sucks", "Snoop sold out, no his a legend" threads.

MC Hammer is not a one hit wonder, just a flash in the pan. He had one good hit, and then rushed a bunch of others in before people realized he was wack.

The Luniz are a one hit wonder, I'm from Cali, and never ever heard a single other than I Got 5 On It played on Power 106.

I never thought of Warren G as a one hit wonder. This DJ, I Want It All, and I Shot the Sherriff come to mind as songs I heard from him on the radio, plus all his production of hot singles.

I almost listed Tone Loc and actually post Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina because I saw so many people list him as a one hit wonder MC.

About 10 minutes after I posted this, I realized I forgot Domino Ghetto Jam, though you can argue Sweet Potato Pie, Mr. Grim Indo Smoke, Dove Shack Summertime in the LBC and The Twinz Round and Round. But then again I could easily throw them in another poll as One Hit Wonders... The G-Funk Era. And does Nate count for one hit wonder if his only hit was Nobody Does It Better, or has anyone other side of Cali ever heard of Never Leave Me Alone.

I was thinking Ras Kass with Ghetto Fabolous but was that even a hit.

I was thinking Shade Sheist with Money Owners, but does Where I Wannabe count as a hit too outside of Cali

I'm still tripping at Hammer being a one hit wonder, Bump in the Pump, 2 Legit 2 Quit, Pray and It's All Good, plus Too Late Playa would have been a hit.

Side note, I voted Bust A Move, it was the OG one hit wonder on the west, and Young MC killed it. Plus Shar Jackson killed it on that celebraty show.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
I had this idea for a while, and thought it would be ignored. After all, who wants to talk about Skee-Lo and Paperboy. But I think it was a good idea, and we have some really good convo. Beats the "Game sucks", "Snoop sold out, no his a legend" threads.

MC Hammer is not a one hit wonder, just a flash in the pan. He had one good hit, and then rushed a bunch of others in before people realized he was wack.

The Luniz are a one hit wonder, I'm from Cali, and never ever heard a single other than I Got 5 On It played on Power 106.

I never thought of Warren G as a one hit wonder. This DJ, I Want It All, and I Shot the Sherriff come to mind as songs I heard from him on the radio, plus all his production of hot singles.

I almost listed Tone Loc and actually post Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina because I saw so many people list him as a one hit wonder MC.

About 10 minutes after I posted this, I realized I forgot Domino Ghetto Jam, though you can argue Sweet Potato Pie, Mr. Grim Indo Smoke, Dove Shack Summertime in the LBC and The Twinz Round and Round. But then again I could easily throw them in another poll as One Hit Wonders... The G-Funk Era. And does Nate count for one hit wonder if his only hit was Nobody Does It Better, or has anyone other side of Cali ever heard of Never Leave Me Alone.

I was thinking Ras Kass with Ghetto Fabolous but was that even a hit.

I was thinking Shade Sheist with Money Owners, but does Where I Wannabe count as a hit too outside of Cali

I'm still tripping at Hammer being a one hit wonder, Bump in the Pump, 2 Legit 2 Quit, Pray and It's All Good, plus Too Late Playa would have been a hit.

Side note, I voted Bust A Move, it was the OG one hit wonder on the west, and Young MC killed it. Plus Shar Jackson killed it on that celebraty show.
great post
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

F-cisco

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »
Great thread, you covered all the wetscoast acts... Honorable mention should go to Freak Nasty for "Da Dip".

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 02:59:44 PM »
Coolio, Tone Loc and Warren G are not one hit wonders.... Skee-Lo and Paperboy pretty much are the winners.. Mellowman Ace never had anything after Mentirosa (and that song was pretty big at the time). Kid Frost never had anything after La Raza either.

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »
Coolio, Tone Loc and Warren G are not one hit wonders.... Skee-Lo and Paperboy pretty much are the winners.. Mellowman Ace never had anything after Mentirosa (and that song was pretty big at the time). Kid Frost never had anything after La Raza either.

thats true for mellow, but as far as frostwell, eastside rondevuez and la familia from his smile now die later album were pretty big out here, but not la raza level obvioulsy
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

papa-smurf

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 03:36:51 PM »
that gotta be a tie between the luniz i got 5 on it,ahamd back in the day or paperboy ditty,those allwas good songs,but i think the luniz had the biggest hit,so i a give it 2 the luniz,but i think dru down pimp of the year should be on there 2 and rapping 4 tay players ball

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »
I think Coolio needs to be there

coolio had a couple of hits : fantasticvoyage,gangsters paradise and the other song i dont remember the title

i voted for luniz

Yeah He got that I C U When U Get There Too. I just remembered Gangsta's Paradise. But anyway, he'll always be remembered as a one hit wonder

Hell no, man. Ooh La La...Too Hot... 1-2-3-4... that's already six hit singles. Coolio ain't a one hit wonder.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Serio_818

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »
what about volume 10 "pistol grip pump" or kausion "whatcha wanna do" ?

YuNG WaLT

• Lil Geezy
  • ~C.E.O GhettochilD ENT~
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
what about volume 10 "pistol grip pump" or kausion "whatcha wanna do" ?

I said Volume 10 on the 1st page....

he should definately hold this thread down.

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »
I Got 5 On It  8)

Dippafly

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 01:59:47 AM »
i remember back in the dizzay people be like who u think is a better rapper snoop or coolio...lmao

and sir mix a lot aint no one hit wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beepers, posse on broadway, mack daddy, chief boot knocka, put em on the glass, jump on it, one time's got no case, swap meet louie, testarosa etc.
SLEPT ON CLASSICS

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 05:59:31 AM »
i remember back in the dizzay people be like who u think is a better rapper snoop or coolio...lmao

and sir mix a lot aint no one hit wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beepers, posse on broadway, mack daddy, chief boot knocka, put em on the glass, jump on it, one time's got no case, swap meet louie, testarosa etc.

none of those songs got played east of Cali. Also, you forgot Swap Meet Louey.