Author Topic: Tha Next Episode OG  (Read 8179 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Tha Next Episode OG
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:03:25 AM »
what are your thoughts on this track? I only heard it in bad quality sounds like somebody ripped it off a cassette but from what I heard it sounds like a track from Warren G's album "Runnin Wit No Brakes" basicially the same beat and Snoop and Dre goiing back and forth rapping, I think it would have been a dope addition to Doggystyle since there are no Dre features

Re: Tha Next Episode OG
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:04:26 AM »
i like that song more then half of doggystyle. shit's tight as hell.

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:12:49 AM »
its tight.. shame we probably will never hear a proper version..

topshotta

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:51:33 AM »
It's a very good track that should've and could've EASILY been on "Doggystyle". I don't think the track is overrated or anything like that, it's just too bad it wasn't included on the album!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »
the whistling effect is so dope  8)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 07:33:15 AM »
hell nah that track ain't overrated other than Tha Shiznit and Gz And Hustlaz I never heard Snoop flow like that ever :o

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 10:20:46 AM »
I must be at a minority here to think that Next Episode doesn't fit well with Doggystyle. Doggystyle was more uptempo, party type jams. Who Am I (What's My Name), Gin and Juice, and the list goes on. It might have joint in with Tha Shiznit as a song that was good, but nothing stand out.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »
I must be at a minority here to think that Next Episode doesn't fit well with Doggystyle. Doggystyle was more uptempo, party type jams. Who Am I (What's My Name), Gin and Juice, and the list goes on. It might have joint in with Tha Shiznit as a song that was good, but nothing stand out.

No Iīm with you....
It's dope,but I still think it's a little overated and we praise it a little
TOO MUCH because it's a UNRELEASED Dre and Snoop track.
Dubcc favorite duo,so "we're" a little biased,right?
That said I hope we will get the track in CDQ,now that Geffen is trying to buy the rights to Death Row's catalog.

offcourse it's a bit overrated, but aside from that it's still a great g-funk song imo.
but i doubt it will ever officially be released. i mean, if it was so easy(not saying that you said it was), suge probably would have put it on the snoop doggy dogg's death row greatest hits (since he put some other unreleased songs on the album as well). since the song is produced by dre, and dre is featured on it, suge knew that he wouldn't get away with it.
i'm kinda suprised there are still so many lawsuits against death row going on though ( dre recently started a new lawsuit right? why so late, it's not like he was threatened by suge? dre does have a lot of security right).
i hope as much as you do, that the track will be released in better quality; the lawsuits should be settled ....and lol at all these companies willing to buy death row ( but for the material that may be released in the future, it probably won't make much of a difference).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:03:32 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 12:24:44 PM »

No Iīm with you....
It's dope,but I still think it's a little overated and we praise it a little
TOO MUCH because it's a UNRELEASED Dre and Snoop track.
Dubcc favorite duo,so "we're" a little biased,right?
That said I hope we will get the track in CDQ,now that Geffen is trying to buy the rights to Death Row's catalog.

offcourse it's a bit overrated, but aside from that it's still a great g-funk song imo.
but i doubt it will ever officially be released. i mean, if it was so easy
(not saying that you said it was), suge probably would have put it on the snoop doggy dogg's death row greatest hits
(since he put some other unreleased songs on the album as well).
since the song is produced by dre, and dre is featured on it, suge knew that he wouldn't get away with it.
i'm kinda suprised there are still so many lawsuits against death row going on though
(dre recently started a new lawsuit right? why so late, it's not like he was threatened by suge? dre does have a lot of security right).
i hope as much as you do, that the track will be released in better quality; the lawsuits should be settled
....and lol at all these companies willing to buy death row
( but for the material that may be released in the future, it probably won't make much of a difference).

I donīt know if you remember the adds for Suge Knightīs Chronic 2000?

Well,in the adds it said that it was going to feature 4 unreleased produced Dre tracks,
anyway Dre went the legal way and stopped Death Row from releasing them and somehow that idiot Suge Knight have respected that.
Iīm sure he could have been sued crazy if he released them,but Suge could just leak them for the hell of it,right?.
But Suge probably knows that those tracks is a gold mine if he keeps on to them.
There was another thread about the dilema youīre talking about;
if it would matter who owns them or not.
Well if Geffen buys them and is on better terms with Dre than Suge,maybe they can work something out?
Iīm not holding my breath,but letīs see how it plays out when it comes down business.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:49:49 PM by Chadrick »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 12:42:51 PM »

Well,in the adds it said that it was going to feature X produced Dre tracks (canīt remember how many right now),
anyway Dre went the legal way and stopped Death Row from releasing them and somehow that idiot Suge Knight have respected that.
Iīm sure he could have been sued crazy if he released them,but Suge could just leak them for the hell of it,right?.
But Suge probably knows that those tracks is a gold mine if he keeps on to them.
lol, i've never seen any of those ads  :laugh: yeah i guess suge somehow thought he could release them and make some money ( that's probably why he didn't just leak them on the internet. maybe he thought he would sell it to a website, such as for the people entertainment).
and even if a big company buys it, and the original issue with the sample clearance still isn't resolved, then they can resolve it the same way as with the song come & go right, just sharing the production/writing credits with all people involved, and split the profit(or something like that, don't know how exactly how they settled it with come & go ).
but was the song ever finished, otherwise it may not be possible to release it in cdq? i know that the full version has leaked, but i don't know how good the quality is of the original master that is somewhere in the vaults, and if it's possible to simply remaster it?
about the "dilemma"; i guess i won't make the same mistake again, and switch the subject of the topic, so i'll just quote a part of your post that is relevant for the other topic, and reply there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:48:02 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »

Well,in the adds it said that it was going to feature X produced Dre tracks (canīt remember how many right now),
lol, i've never seen any of those ads  :laugh: yeah i guess suge somehow thought he could release them and make some money ( that's probably why he didn't just leak them on the internet. maybe he thought he would sell it to a website, such as for the people entertainment).
and even if a big company buys it, and the original issue with the sample clearance still isn't resolved, then they can resolve it the same way as with the song come & go right, just sharing the production/writing credits with all people involved, and split the profit(or something like that, don't know how exactly how they settled it with come & go ).
but was the song ever finished, otherwise it may not be possible to release it in cdq? i know that the full version has leaked, but i don't know how good the quality is of the original master that is somewhere in the vaults, and if it's possible to simply remaster it?
about the "dilemma"; i guess i won't make the same mistake again, and switch the subject of the topic, so i'll just quote a part of your post that is relevant for the other topic, and reply there.

I was not part of the other thread,just remember reading it.
You kind of stayed on topic and made it more interesting,so if you ask me you didnīt do anything wrong.  :D
Youīre still talking about the OG Next Episode right?
Hereīs the deal (as I have been told),it exist on promo vinyl. (at least)
How many copies of this vinyl there is I donīt know,
but word is that Funkmaster Flex got a copy and has played on his Radio show in NYC back then.
If this is true or not,I canīt tell,but thatīs how the story goes as I was told it.
I also remember there was some drama about a sample issue right before Doggystyle dropped,
there was rumors about a Madonna sample that didnīt clear,
I have not heard about this Madonna issue since then and at the time assumed
that it was the Next Episode sample that didnīt get cleared.
So when finally the OG Next Episode leaked in the end of the 90īs,there was no Madonna sample on it,so I guess itīs another unreleased track or it was just some bullshit rumor.

The "dilema" convo continues in the next thread.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:35:52 PM by Chad Vader »

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »
"Doggystyle" should be re-released with all leftovers from it in CDQ as bonus tracks... 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »

You kind of stayed on topic and made it more interesting,so if you ask me you didnīt do anything wrong.  :D
Youīre still talking about the OG Next Episode right?
Hereīs the deal (as I have been told),it exist on promo vinyl. (at least)
How many copies of this vinyl there is I donīt know,
but word is that Funkmaster Flex got a copy and has played on his Radio show in NYC back then.
If this is true or not,I canīt tell,but thatīs how the story goes as I was told it.
I also remember there was some drama about a sample issue right before Doggystyle dropped,
there was rumors about a Madonna sample that didnīt clear,
I have not heard about this Madonna issue since then and at the time assumed
that it was the Next Episode sample that didnīt get cleared.
So when finally the OG Next Episode leaked in the end of the 90īs,there was no Madonna sample on it,so I guess itīs another unreleased track or it was just some bullshit rumor.
lol some parts of my posts were not really offtopic, but they weren't just about the next episode OG master. i was just saying that, the same thing could happen as in an other topic, where the subject matter slightly changed as more replies were posted (from a bad wannabe dre act freepost topic to serious detox talk lol) :D

and yeah it's been 14 years, so some things you mentioned are probably just rumors, but hey, who knows.
but if there is a promo vinyl, that would mean it's still possible to remaster it right?
funny though, not sure if this is related, but have you heard that 1-8-7 track from the 15 years on death row compilation ( i think the song is also on chronicle, death row classics), it sounds so different. i know that a normal deep cover version, and a remix exist, but the one from that compilation is different from those 2 ( if you haven't heard it, listen to a snippet from amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000FA5FCI001001/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/105-2486836-0947610 it has different drums )
so if the next episode OG is going to be remastered, will the same thing happen as with the 187 track ( that the remastered version sounds different than the OG), or not ( if not, that would mean that death row just messed up "187")  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:35:02 PM by Dre-Day »

Serio_818

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
can somebody post up the track even if bad quality

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »