Author Topic: Tha Next Episode OG  (Read 8177 times)

Chad Vader

Re: Tha Next Episode OG
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

You kind of stayed on topic and made it more interesting,so if you ask me you didnīt do anything wrong.  :D
Youīre still talking about the OG Next Episode right?
Hereīs the deal (as I have been told),it exist on promo vinyl. (at least)
How many copies of this vinyl there is I donīt know,
but word is that Funkmaster Flex got a copy and has played on his Radio show in NYC back then.
If this is true or not,I canīt tell,but thatīs how the story goes as I was told it.
I also remember there was some drama about a sample issue right before Doggystyle dropped,
there was rumors about a Madonna sample that didnīt clear,
I have not heard about this Madonna issue since then and at the time assumed
that it was the Next Episode sample that didnīt get cleared.
So when finally the OG Next Episode leaked in the end of the 90īs,there was no Madonna sample on it,so I guess itīs another unreleased track or it was just some bullshit rumor.
lol some parts of my posts were not really offtopic,but they weren't just about the next episode OG master.
I was just saying that, the same thing could happen as in an other topic, where the subject matter slightly changed as more replies were posted
(from a bad wannabe dre act freepost topic to serious detox talk lol) :D

and yeah it's been 14 years, so some things you mentioned are probably just rumors, but hey, who knows.
but if there is a promo vinyl, that would mean it's still possible to remaster it right?
funny though, not sure if this is related, but have you heard that 1-8-7 track from the 15 years on death row compilation
(i think the song is also on chronicle, death row classics), it sounds so different.
I know that a normal deep cover version,and a remix exist,but the one from that compilation is different from those 2
(if you haven't heard it, listen to a snippet from amazon.com here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000FA5FCI001001/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/105-2486836-0947610
it has different drums)
so if the next episode OG is going to be remastered, will the same thing happen as with the 187 track
(that the remastered version sounds different than the OG), or not
(if not, that would mean that death row just messed up "187")  :laugh:

That was a hard one because it wasnīt exactly CDQ from your link,but the drums sounded different. True,true.
The 187 track appears a couple of places,I believe it first appeared on the Let Me Ride single.
Then on re-issues of the Deep Cover OST,
I has always tought the drums hit a little harder on "187" than on Deep Cover,maybe Iīm imagine things?
Oh well,so what youīre basicilly saying is that if they remaster it,it will coming out sounding different?
Donīt Funkmaster Flex have a myspace or something?
Maybe someone can send him a message and ask,I wouldnīt bother to answer if I was him,but hey why not?

....and props for turning bullshit threads to interesting convos and for hitting up other threads if you goes off topic.

dre's lyrics are different on that version and the bass line is different than the original i have on 12"

But now you're talking about Deep Cover and 187,right?
Dre-Day is talking about a remastered 187 track that he thinks the drums sound different,he posted a link for it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:35:02 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »
^
damn homie it sounds like you and the other dude are the same person LOL

Serio_818

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »
dre's lyrics are different on that version and the bass line is different than the original i have on 12"

Serio_818

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 04:36:32 PM »

But now you're talking about Deep Cover and 187,right?
Dre-Day is talking about a remastered 187 track that he thinks the drums sound different,he posted a link for it.

yeah i was talking about deep cover

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »
sure: http://www.zshare.net/audio/44241089e12df7/

damn that's some shitty quality LOL, still dope as fuck tho I never heard Dre and Snoop rap that dope on the same track 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:17 AM »
....and props for turning bullshit threads to interesting convos and for hitting up other threads if you goes off topic.
you're welcome; apparently some ppl don't like discussions, cause my karma level keeps going down lately. not that i have a big problem with ppl increasing or decreasing my karma level, but it would be so much better if they would also tell me why they (dis)agree with me to keep the discussions going.
That was a hard one because it wasnīt exactly CDQ from your link,but the drums sounded different. True,true.
The 187 track appears a couple of places,I believe it first appeared on the Let Me Ride single.
I has always tought the drums hit a little harder on "187" than on Deep Cover,maybe Iīm imagine things?
Oh well,so what youīre basicilly saying is that if they remaster it,it will coming out sounding different?
if anybody is interested, here is the alternate remastered version of 187: http://www.zshare.net/audio/4436863909dcec/ (i think the OG 187 is better, the remastered version misses something).
anyway, i don't have the death row vaults in my room, so i can't back up my theory, it's just strange that deep cover was never put on a death row compilation ( as far as i know, so correct me if i'm wrong).
but death row also messed up "fuck with dre day", when they remastered it, so it's hopefully just possible to restore The Next Episode OG succesfully in it's original form ( what normally happens with old recordings).
by the way, i just realised that death row sort of remastered the 187 OG in it's original form on the death row singles collection ( which makes it even stranger why they put a slightly different version of 187 on other compilations, damn they certainly know how to mess it up lol); here it is http://www.zshare.net/audio/44371298735c68/

damn that's some shitty quality LOL, still dope as fuck tho I never heard Dre and Snoop rap that dope on the same track 8)
yeah i know, now you probably understand why this topic was created  ;)

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 03:31:46 AM »
props for all the replies, I always liked the way Snoop ripped it on "187" not to say its better than Deep Cover but just as dope to me, as for the OG Next Episode I am in NYC and never heard that Flex played it but it could be true I remember that before "What's My Name?" officially came out they used to play a version I think with only one verse and used to bleep out the curse words this was around September of '93

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 04:14:14 AM »
you're welcome.
i remember reading in an other topic that the first release of doggystyle had the next episode listed on the back, i don't know if this is true though( but the person who posted that also said that the track wasn't on the cd, so it makes sense; otherwise this topic obviously wouldn't have existed  :laugh:)

edit: ok, now i know that this is real, i might as well upload Gz up hoes down  :laugh:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/44386395d850a7/

edit2: ill put my reply here to prevent total change of subject;

Now I got confused which one is the remastered version?
Because I got the original,so donīt need that.

Hmmm,there has been 100 off threads about this but Dre-Day managed to turn it into something interesting.
So again got to give it up to Dre-Day and hopefully more people will follow his example.
sorry for confusing you, but at first i thought that death row didn't remaster 187 in it's original form. that's why i posted a link to the alternate remastered version.
but then i realised that koch put the OG remastered version of 187 on the recently released death row singles compilation.
so the first download link in my post was the alternate 187 remastered version, and the 2nd download link is the OG remastered one ( the one you have, but with slightly better sound quality), so it's up to you whether you want to download them or not  ;)
and thanks for the compliment, i always try to stay away from certain topics, but i guess i need to be more careful lol.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:37:34 AM by Dre-Day »

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 04:31:30 AM »
you're welcome.
i remember reading in an other topic that the first release of doggystyle had the next episode listed on the back, i don't know if this is true though( but the person who posted that also said that the track wasn't on the cd, so it makes sense; otherwise this topic obviously wouldn't have existed  :laugh:)

yeah thats the one I have, it was the first pressings of the CD with Gz Up Hoez Down on(short track but another classic really smooth and goes well with the 2nd half of Doggystyle)

Chad Vader

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 05:20:25 AM »

you're welcome; apparently some ppl don't like discussions,cause my karma level keeps going down lately.
not that i have a big problem with ppl increasing or decreasing my karma level,
but it would be so much better if they would also tell me why they (dis)agree with me to keep the discussions going.

The thing is that people in here can be two face,they donīt dare to say it to your face but love to push the karma button.
Al Bundy has made a thread about it Fuck The Haters;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=155701.0
I donīt know if you have noticed but negative threads always get more attention
than positive and constructive threads that bring interesting things to the table.
I guess thatīs just how it is.

if anybody is interested, here is the alternate remastered version of 187:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4436863909dcec/
(i think the OG 187 is better, the remastered version misses something).
anyway, i don't have the death row vaults in my room, so i can't back up my theory,
it's just strange that deep cover was never put on a death row compilation ( as far as i know, so correct me if i'm wrong).
but death row also messed up "fuck with dre day", when they remastered it,
so it's hopefully just possible to restore The Next Episode OG succesfully in it's original form
(what normally happens with old recordings).
by the way, i just realised that death row sort of remastered the 187 OG
in it's original from on the death row singles collection
(which makes it even stranger why they put a slightly different version of 187 on other compilations,
damn they certainly know how to mess it up lol); here it is
http://www.zshare.net/audio/44371298735c68/

Now I got confused which one is the remastered version?
Because I got the original,so donīt need that.

yeah i know, now you probably understand why this topic was created  ;)

Hmmm,there has been 100 off threads about this but Dre-Day managed to turn it into something interesting.
So again got to give it up to Dre-Day and hopefully more people will follow his example.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 05:37:33 AM »
^
dude you need to chill with what makes things interesting and what doesn't the song is in shitty quality man wtf

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 09:31:27 AM »
^
dude you need to chill with what makes things interesting and what doesn't the song is in shitty quality man wtf

? What? I didnīt say anything like that?
Iīm just having a convo about the facts around the OG Next Episode track.
If you go back a couple of post I said I think itīs over rated,but still dope.

nah you need to chill with this you got like 3 different aliases and act like you run shit

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 09:55:29 AM »
^

nah you need to chill with this you got like 3 different aliases and act like you run shit

Dre-Day,Vader and HighEyeQue,hello we know it all and run shit....
I think you got things twisted kid,,,,,, chill and read the posts thoroughly,then you will see....

glad that you finally admitted it

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »
^

Dre-Day,Vader and HighEyeQue,hello we know it all and run shit....
I think you got things twisted kid,,,,,, chill and read the posts thoroughly,then you will see....

glad that you finally admitted it

you got it wrong homie no one is putting people down I just made this thread cause I thought it was an interesting topic its obvious the track is in poor quality there's no need to get heated and I don't claim to know more than anyone plus my screen name does not indicate that I do its was kind of a joke me and a few friends took an online IQ test in college about 4 years ago and I scored the highest and thats what they started calling me just to let you know I aint no genius or anything, +1 to everyone in this it was interesting
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:09:05 AM by HighEyeCue »

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
alright man I'm through with arguing about this, time to light one up 8)