Author Topic: Tha Next Episode OG  (Read 8262 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Tha Next Episode OG
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
even though the subject matter is a little different, some people were also talking about OG next episode and runnin' with no breaks:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=146326.0
both songs have the same sample;but runnin' with no breaks sounds more like a Warren G beat to me(that song basically replays the sample). not that i'm saying that Warren G had no involvement in the production of the next episode, but it seems likely that(like some poster said in the topic that i was referring to) Warren only brought the sample to dre, and then dr.dre added the G-Funk effects to it(and when you listen to the chronic and doggystyle, it makes sense).
but i don't think it's a good idea to talk about it too much here, cause this has been discussed so many times and we'll never know what exactly happened. it's the same thing with all the claims from other producers that dre stole production credits; these topics have been discussed so many times before, and there isn't much more to add to it.
so if you want to know more, i'd suggest you search the forum,  check interviews (from dubcnn for example, or thaformula.com)with the people that are related to this( Snoop, the d.o.c. , Warren G, Daz etc.)

anyway, the next episode og was not put on the album because death row couldn't get the sample cleared in time(Warren G then used it for his album ). but as the backcover of the first print of doggystyle shows, the track was meant to be on the album. GZ up hoes down was on the first release of the album however, but it also had a sample clearance issue ( if i remember correctly), that's why it was not on newer releases of doggystyle.
as said before, death row can't release the next episode OG because of legal reasons.
apparently the issue with GZ up hoes down is solved, cause koch recently put the track on a death row compilation. maybe the next episode will be released sometime in the future, but it really depends on the outcome of all those death row lawsuits, and the plans of the new owner of death row.
i think that basically sums up some of the important things that have been said in this topic.

Chad Vader

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »
^^^^
I agree with search the board for info,I have posted the formula interviews with D.O.C and Ren.
Pluss a gang of scans so all of us can do research.
When it comes to Next Episode OG,I think Snoop spoke on this in one of his last interview with Nima. Dre-Day search them up and copy and paste the parts about production credits. I'm on a cell right now,so can't copy and paste.

^
Thanx for the info Dre-Day and Chad

To tell you the truth I don't remember who produced it,there has been so much back and forth about this track that I got it all mixed up,ha,ha.
But seem to remember that Snoop set it straight in one of his interviews with Nima.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:20:15 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »
^
thanx for the info Dre-Day and Chad

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
When it comes to Next Episode OG,I think Snoop spoke on this in one of his last interview with Nima. Dre-Day search them up and copy and paste the parts about production credits. I'm on a cell right now,so can't copy and paste.

sure:
Dubcnn:  Do you ever dream of running into the Death Row vaults and grabbing all the unreleased shit you have in there, like "Ho Hopper", "Next Episode OG" and shit?
Nah, I don't never worry about all that. That music is timeless, it's priceless, and I don't even think about it, cause I'm so far ahead in the game with this new shit that I'm on and these new artists. I mean, sometimes I do think about all of them records that I made, like "where the fuck are they at?, or "what happened to this song or that song", cause niggas made some real hit records over there that never came out, but at the same time, I'm still cool, I'm still good.

Dubcnn:  You probably would make a lot more money if you dug up all the old shit and sold that shit! Cause people would go crazy for it, it's so many people hunting unreleased songs.

Trust me, I told you what I'm doing, I'm selling 12 beats with no lyrics on them for $500! So imagine when I start saying "Okay, I just found some old Snoop Dogg music that I'm selling." But I am selling an unreleased Snoop Dogg, but I'm only selling for $25,99, cause I don't want to scare you away. Get the first for $25, and you'll be like "Damn I ain't never heard that one!" Then on the next one, I'ma go get some shit from WAY BACK! So this one is gonna cost a little bit more cause this shit is hard to find, this is shit that I had to pay a nigga to get this shit. I got shit I did with DJ Glaze and niggas that own cassettes and 8track mixers from 1987, 88, 89 that I got, that I ain't never released on a nigga, where I can just pop that and be like "Boom!" I even got the first 213 song! "Long Beach Is A Muthafucka"!

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for niggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the shit to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of niggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the nigga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafucka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafucka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what niggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this shit ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn shit from ya'll! See that's what niggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!
dubcnn: There were a few leftovers from your debut album Doggystyle such as "The Original next Episode" & the track "Doggystyle" can we ever expect to hear these released?

Snoop Dogg : Um, i dont own those - Death Row owns those - so, im pretty sure Suge Knight will put them out when my album comes out or something, you know how he work!
it's snoop dogg's part of the story, so it doesn't have to be true offcourse.
he respects dre a lot, but that doesn't mean he never critisizes dre ( in interviews); that's why i don't think snoop has a reason to lie about the production credits for the chronic and doggystyle.

^
thanx for the info Dre-Day and Chad
you're welcome. i'll post some more parts from interviews if i find anything related to the subject.

by the way, chad, did dre ever talk about the role of Daz and Warren G in the production of the chronic and doggystyle in interviews? i'm quite sure i've read something about it, but then again, i've read so many interviews lately that i may be a bit confused.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:52:29 PM by Dre-Day »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »
dubcnn.com : Is it true that you and Daz produced songs on Doggystyle / Chronic that you didn't get credit for?

Uhh, I didn't produce nothing on Doggystyle, I rapped on Doggystyle, and that was Ain't No Fun. As far as on the Chronic, I'm not trying to take no credit away from nobody, I was involved in the Chronic, Daz was invovled in the Chronic, Chris Glove was involved in the Chronic, Dr. Dre was involved in the Chornic, all of us producers together as one, but Dre is a genius, I'll never try and take no credit away from Dr. Dre! But what we did help out on the Chronic, WITH Dre. The niggas a genius man, he's a genius!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
if anyone is to blame for not getting credit shouldn't it be Suge not Dre?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »

he's to blame for not releaseing tracks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »
The only time I can remember Dre talk about Daz was in his interview in The Source after he left Death Row. Dre had nothing but positive things to say about Daz. (will post this interview later). All those cats that Warren mentioned got their credits for what they did even Daz,check the credits in The Chronic and Doggystyle. If my memory serves me right,Daz programed the drums on Rat-ta-tat and he's credited for working on the Murder was the case track.
yeah i know that daz' claims were false. looking forward to reading that interview by the way  8)

correct.

he's to blame for not releaseing tracks
well that's not true(you're talking about suge knight right?), and i think me and a few others have explained why in this topic.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »
oh wait i just realized can't dre just sue suge for releasing them or same with snoop he tried to sue when that one cd came otu but i think he lost

HEC

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
damn this thread is alive and poppin! Only thing I liike to add about Daz was that he made a lot of claims but when Dre left Death Row completely Daz beats were not the same not to say they weren't dope cause Daz definitely did his thing on Doggfather, Gang Related Soundtrack and his first solo on Death Row but his mixing game suffered until he hooked up with Mike Dean, even if you check out the dope beats that he did on AEOM check the mixing of his vocals especially on Got My Mind Made Up they are down now imagine if Dre mixed that record :o

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2007, 10:20:24 AM »
oh wait i just realized can't dre just sue suge for releasing them or same with snoop he tried to sue when that one cd came out but I think he lost

Not sure what album you're talking about,but Dre managed to stop Suge to release those Dre tracks that was supposed to be on Death Row's Chronic 2000,check the add I posted in a previous post.

im talkin bout dead man walkinh

jbel1021

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2007, 10:30:51 AM »
damn this thread is alive and poppin! Only thing I liike to add about Daz was that he made a lot of claims but when Dre left Death Row completely Daz beats were not the same not to say they weren't dope cause Daz definitely did his thing on Doggfather, Gang Related Soundtrack and his first solo on Death Row but his mixing game suffered until he hooked up with Mike Dean, even if you check out the dope beats that he did on AEOM check the mixing of his vocals especially on Got My Mind Made Up they are down now imagine if Dre mixed that record :o

Could u imagine if Daz and Mike Dean produced most of Tha Dogg Pound's next release? Obviously won't happen, but that would be sick. As for Daz's beats not being the same since Dre left, well, ur right. Dre was his mentor and even without him, Daz still made some great cuts for 2Pac's All Eyez On Me without Dre. As for Daz's first solo on DR, well idk. The beats sounded very dated for the late 90's. Daz, if u read this, hook up with Mike Dean!!! lol

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
i dont get how u list the song on the cd but not have the track on there...that seems like a pretty big mistake, why wasnt it on the first few copies then pulled like gz up hoez down

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 02:15:08 PM »
i dont get how u list the song on the cd but not have the track on there...that seems like a pretty big mistake, why wasnt it on the first few copies then pulled like gz up hoez down
yeah that's a very big mistake indeed. i guess we'll never find out exactly why the next episode OG wasn't put on the first release, while GZ up hoes down actually was(unless Warren G can clear it up in a new interview with dubcnn, although he stated in that quote that i posted, that he didn't produce anything on doggystyle)
both had similar issues with sample clearance( so SP0RTY i don't understand why both tracks weren't put on the first release of the album either).

it would make more sense if both tracks weren't put on the first release, cause then you could conclude that the samples couldn't be cleared before the deadline( and that would be the reason why they weren't on the album).

Chad Vader

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »
oh wait I just realized can't Dre just sue suge for releasing them or same with
Snoop he tried to sue when that one cd came out but I think he lost

Not sure what album you're talking about,
but Dre managed to stop Suge to release those Dre tracks that was supposed to be on Death Row's Chronic 2000,
check the add I posted in a previous post.

Im talkin bout dead man walking

Ok,but Dre didnīt do any work on Dead Man Walking...... so his name should be left out.  ;)

yeah that's a very big mistake indeed. i guess we'll never find out exactly why the next episode OG wasn't put on the first release, while GZ up hoes down actually was(unless Warren G can clear it up in a new interview with dubcnn, although he stated in that quote that i posted, that he didn't produce anything on doggystyle)
both had similar issues with sample clearance( so SP0RTY i don't understand why both tracks weren't put on the first release of the album either).

it would make more sense if both tracks weren't put on the first release, cause then you could conclude that the samples couldn't be cleared before the deadline( and that would be the reason why they weren't on the album).

As I said before in a previous post there was some rumors around when
Doggystyle was going to be released that it had some problems with a sample clearance of a Madonna track.
But I guess this was just bullshit since this issue has never been brought up again.
Even the The Chronic first booklet was labeled wrong,
it didnīt have the features label on the front at first and Bitches Aint Shit was listed as number 7 or 8.
Was this a "ghetto" gimmick or did they hire some ghetto ass designer that fucked up twice?  :laugh:

Suge always pulling some shit, I went to get the Chronic CD and it says produced by Suge Knight on the back and then I look at my friends CD guess it was an older copy and its says Produced by Dr. Dre I didn't know Suge was a producer LOL
you mean like this: http://www.discogs.com/image/R-468156-1167308278.jpeg

but what about the booklet, dr.dre is still credited somewhere as a producer right?

Your link didnīt work,but went to the site,didnīt know they released with all the videoīs.
Got to get that one. I donīt see Dreīs name....  :-\

Hereīs the link to the images just in case discogs decide to take them down again;
http://www.discogs.com/image/R-644594-1163043607.jpeg
http://www.discogs.com/image/R-644594-1163043746.jpeg
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:17:52 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »