Author Topic: Tha Next Episode OG  (Read 8169 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Re: Tha Next Episode OG
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2007, 02:44:44 AM »
Suge always pulling some shit, I went to get the Chronic CD and it says produced by Suge Knight on the back and then I look at my friends CD guess it was an older copy and its says Produced by Dr. Dre I didn't know Suge was a producer LOL

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2007, 02:55:38 AM »
Suge always pulling some shit, I went to get the Chronic CD and it says produced by Suge Knight on the back and then I look at my friends CD guess it was an older copy and its says Produced by Dr. Dre I didn't know Suge was a producer LOL

ha,ha scan that part and post it here!

don't have a scanner but it does say produced by Suge Knight on the back it is a remastered copy from when Death Row remastered all their albums, shit I wish I had the original

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2007, 03:26:40 AM »
now that you mention it, i remember reading a dr.dre interview about the chronic/doggystyle on a website; dre said that suge had no involvement in the project(s), but he did put his name on it. it's been a while since i read that interview and i haven't been able to find out from which website it was.

anyway i found a quote from mellowman that is a bit related to some post on page 4 of this topic:
Q: Does Dre steal credit? 
A: I hate this f'in question. I know this will always be out there no matter how hard I argue it.  So i'm not going to attempt to win this arguement.  But No Dre does not steal credit from others. In my experience with Dre I have ALWAYS gotten proper credit and full publishing.   Since the first Aftermath album Dre has given proper credit to every songwriter, producer, musician, engineer, whoever. Dre told me he learned how not to run a label during his Death Row days. He vowed to give proper credit to everyone who works on each track.  Whether Dre produces or co produces , Dre's name will almost always go first.  That's just the way it is.  The only time it doesn't is when Dre doesn't actively work on the making of the track. If it is finished and he jumps on and adds or changes he will not be the first name.  But if Dre is active in the true creation of the track he will go first, and rightfully so as Dre is the orchestrator and director of every track.  At death row Dre and every other artist i talked to has told me suge would let Dre get his own publishing but suge would basically steal everyone elses.  In music, getting publishing credit is almost everything.  Whether Snoop or Kurupt or whoever wrote the verse it didn't matter.  Suge publishing would get the credit.  Dre will always admit that creating The Chronic and Doggystyle was a team effort, but that there was no doubt he was the mastermind behind the production of the tracks.  Obviously I wasn't there during the Death Row days but everyone I have talked to during my time with Dre who was actually there said that Dre was the main force, the main producer and orchestrator of every track.  he got a lot of help from musicians and ocassional help from co-producers like sam sneed, and warren g, etc. which Dre credits for helping make those classic records.  In the end though suge would not pay them correctly so a lot of people left.  the original death row is gone, and they almost all left after dre left - even daz - that should tell you something.  suge stole credits and publishing from the musicians and writers all the time.  and although Dre couldn't (although maybe he should have) force suge to change as co owner of death row he was ultimatley responsible, and Dre felt really bad about it. he felt responsible although it wasn't really his fault. That was a major factor in starting Aftermath.  Dre wanted to run a label the correct way and make sure everyone who worked with him got full credit and the correct publishing.  I can honestly say Dre has never cheated me or anyone else i know during my time at Aftermath.  Egos can get involved where some people think they should get more credit than they deserve. Scott had those issues once but he's back and working with us and is very happy to be a part of dre's team.
If you ask anyone who has ever worked with Dre if he treats them fairly they will all say yes.  If you are willing to put in the work it takes to be successful dre will treat you and compensate you like family.  He will reward you for your efforts.
Hopefully this sheds a little light on things.  Dre is far from perfect, even very irritable sometimes, but in this business of music you will find few people as giving and humble as Dre. 

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2007, 03:37:48 AM »
now that you mention it, i remember reading a dr.dre interview about the chronic/doggystyle on a website; dre said that suge had no involvement in the project(s), but he did put his name on it. it's been a while since i read that interview and i haven't been able to find out from which website it was.

anyway i found a quote from mellowman that is a bit related to some post on page 4 of this topic:
Q: Does Dre steal credit? 
A: I hate this f'in question. I know this will always be out there no matter how hard I argue it.  So i'm not going to attempt to win this arguement.  But No Dre does not steal credit from others. In my experience with Dre I have ALWAYS gotten proper credit and full publishing.   Since the first Aftermath album Dre has given proper credit to every songwriter, producer, musician, engineer, whoever. Dre told me he learned how not to run a label during his Death Row days. He vowed to give proper credit to everyone who works on each track.  Whether Dre produces or co produces , Dre's name will almost always go first.  That's just the way it is.  The only time it doesn't is when Dre doesn't actively work on the making of the track. If it is finished and he jumps on and adds or changes he will not be the first name.  But if Dre is active in the true creation of the track he will go first, and rightfully so as Dre is the orchestrator and director of every track.  At death row Dre and every other artist i talked to has told me suge would let Dre get his own publishing but suge would basically steal everyone elses.  In music, getting publishing credit is almost everything.  Whether Snoop or Kurupt or whoever wrote the verse it didn't matter.  Suge publishing would get the credit.  Dre will always admit that creating The Chronic and Doggystyle was a team effort, but that there was no doubt he was the mastermind behind the production of the tracks.  Obviously I wasn't there during the Death Row days but everyone I have talked to during my time with Dre who was actually there said that Dre was the main force, the main producer and orchestrator of every track.  he got a lot of help from musicians and ocassional help from co-producers like sam sneed, and warren g, etc. which Dre credits for helping make those classic records.  In the end though suge would not pay them correctly so a lot of people left.  the original death row is gone, and they almost all left after dre left - even daz - that should tell you something.  suge stole credits and publishing from the musicians and writers all the time.  and although Dre couldn't (although maybe he should have) force suge to change as co owner of death row he was ultimatley responsible, and Dre felt really bad about it. he felt responsible although it wasn't really his fault. That was a major factor in starting Aftermath.  Dre wanted to run a label the correct way and make sure everyone who worked with him got full credit and the correct publishing.  I can honestly say Dre has never cheated me or anyone else i know during my time at Aftermath.  Egos can get involved where some people think they should get more credit than they deserve. Scott had those issues once but he's back and working with us and is very happy to be a part of dre's team.
If you ask anyone who has ever worked with Dre if he treats them fairly they will all say yes.  If you are willing to put in the work it takes to be successful dre will treat you and compensate you like family.  He will reward you for your efforts.
Hopefully this sheds a little light on things.  Dre is far from perfect, even very irritable sometimes, but in this business of music you will find few people as giving and humble as Dre. 

thanks man dope, Suge sounds like he always was pulling some bullshit like this and Dre sounds like a hella cool dude

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2007, 05:05:46 AM »
you mean like this: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=468156

but what about the booklet, dr.dre is still credited somewhere as a producer right?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:23:14 AM by Dre-Day »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2007, 05:44:41 AM »
damn this thread is alive and poppin! Only thing I liike to add about Daz was that he made a lot of claims but when Dre left Death Row completely Daz beats were not the same not to say they weren't dope cause Daz definitely did his thing on Doggfather, Gang Related Soundtrack and his first solo on Death Row but his mixing game suffered until he hooked up with Mike Dean, even if you check out the dope beats that he did on AEOM check the mixing of his vocals especially on Got My Mind Made Up they are down now imagine if Dre mixed that record :o

Daz's beats sounded very good on AEOM, but remember that record was mixed by DJ Quik, who was probably the only person other than Dre that could do top-quality mixing at that time.

klubbstyle

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2007, 05:02:45 AM »

but what about the booklet, dr.dre is still credited somewhere as a producer right?
Does it only say "prod. by Suge Knight" on the re-releases and re-mastered versions of the cds?

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »

Does it only say "prod. by Suge Knight" on the re-releases and re-mastered versions of the cds?

don't know about the rest but the Chronic one I have is exactly like the pic, fucking Suge

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »
don't know about the rest but the Chronic one I have is exactly like the pic, fucking Suge

inside the booklet he is credited just on the back cover he was replaced by Suge

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »

inside the booklet he is credited just on the back cover he was replaced by Suge

ok thanks for answering my question. yeah you already said that suge was listed as an executive producer, but you didn't talk about the booklet in your previous posts.
it's all good now though  ;)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »

ok thanks for answering my question. yeah you already said that suge was listed as an executive producer, but you didn't talk about the booklet in your previous posts.
it's all good now though  ;)

yeah lol, not like anybody doesn't know that Dre produced it but still bitch move by Suge to take Dre off of the back cover and put his name :-\

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
Song is cool, I really do think that we will never see a OG CDQ of this song
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

HEC

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2007, 09:47:41 AM »
I bought my Chronic CD in 1993 and it does not have "Bitches Ain't Shit" listed on the back or in the booklet and on the front Snoop is listed as "Snoop Dog" and "That Nigga Daz" what was going on there? ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
I bought my Chronic CD in 1993 and it does not have "Bitches Ain't Shit" listed on the back or in the booklet and on the front Snoop is listed as "Snoop Dog" and "That Nigga Daz" what was going on there? ;D
lol  :) by the way, could you scan and upload the backcover from doggystyle with tha next episode listed on the back?  :D offcourse we want a cdq version of tha next episode, but the backcover would still be a nice addition to the topic  ;)

HEC

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »
having trouble posting it here I uploaded it to the FLUX community hopefully it works

http://community.dubcnn.com/063FBFFFF000E9095000700045ECE/

got it to post
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:42:13 AM by HighEyeCue »