Author Topic: Tha Next Episode OG  (Read 8174 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Tha Next Episode OG
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »
thanks a lot, lol at death row  ;)

klubbstyle

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2007, 05:27:18 AM »
I bought my Chronic CD in 1993 and it does not have "Bitches Ain't Shit" listed on the back or in the booklet and on the front Snoop is listed as "Snoop Dog" and "That Nigga Daz" what was going on there? ;D

I bought my Chronic cassette tape (still got it) when it came out, NO Bitches aint shit on it. But i got the Chronic CD a few months later and it HAS "BITCHES Aint Shit" ON IT!.

Got my Snoop - DoggyStyle cassette tape when it came out and it HAD "G'Z UP, HOEZ DOWN" on it and Tha Next Episode IS LISTED, got the DoggyStyle CD a bit later on with NO EXTRA tracks and NO SONGS Listed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:33:48 AM by Clint Dogg »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2007, 07:42:57 AM »
having trouble posting it here I uploaded it to the FLUX community hopefully it works

http://community.dubcnn.com/063FBFFFF000E9095000700045ECE/

got it to post

I call FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I bought Doggystyle right when it came out, I'm 27, 13 when it came out, and I never ever... and I mean EVER heard of a Doggystyle with Next Episode. I knew some bootlegs leaked to the swap meet, and that might have been the source, or the song just got leaked during the Death Row years Suge was in jail. Second, and this was what tipped me off on the fake, on the original verson of Doggystyle, G'z Up, Hoes Down is before Pump, Pump. The order goes, G'z and Hustlers, then the You Betta Reconize skit with Sam Sneed, and then G'z Up, Hoes Down, and the Pump Pump.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2007, 07:50:17 AM »
you're welcome.
i remember reading in an other topic that the first release of doggystyle had the next episode listed on the back, i don't know if this is true though( but the person who posted that also said that the track wasn't on the cd, so it makes sense; otherwise this topic obviously wouldn't have existed  :laugh:)

yeah thats the one I have, it was the first pressings of the CD with Gz Up Hoez Down on(short track but another classic really smooth and goes well with the 2nd half of Doggystyle)
what was going on there? ;D

I bought my CD at a Sam Goody in Queens NY the day it came out in '93 and I remember thinking where is this track the Next Episode and the CD does play the Sam Sneed skit then G'z Up Ho's Down and ends with Pump Pump as M Dogg said
yeah i know, i was only posting those quotes to show that M Dogg's post was unnecessary; nobody ( well at least none of the serious contributors) in this topic claimed that they had a copy of doggystyle with the next episode on the cd; some only had the track listed on the backcover
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:16:53 PM by Dre-Day »

HEC

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »
I bought my CD at a Sam Goody in Queens NY the day it came out in '93 and I remember thinking where is this track the Next Episode and the CD does play the Sam Sneed skit then G'z Up Ho's Down and ends with Pump Pump as M Dogg said

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »
you're welcome.
i remember reading in an other topic that the first release of doggystyle had the next episode listed on the back, i don't know if this is true though( but the person who posted that also said that the track wasn't on the cd, so it makes sense; otherwise this topic obviously wouldn't have existed  :laugh:)

yeah thats the one I have, it was the first pressings of the CD with Gz Up Hoez Down on(short track but another classic really smooth and goes well with the 2nd half of Doggystyle)
what was going on there? ;D

yeah i know, i was only posting those quotes to show that M Dogg's post was unnecessary; nobody ( well at least none of the serious contributors) in this topic claimed that they had a copy of doggystyle with the next episode on the cd; some only had the track listed on the backcover

well not only is Next Episode not on the CD, my main point was that the track listing is wrong.

klubbstyle

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »
i have the ORIGINAL CASSETTE TAPE with GZ UP HOEZ DOWN on it, Tha Next Episode OG is the last track LISTED on it.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »
having trouble posting it here I uploaded it to the FLUX community hopefully it works

got it to post

I call FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I bought Doggystyle right when it came out, I'm 27, 13 when it came out, and I never ever... and I mean EVER heard of a Doggystyle with Next Episode. I knew some bootlegs leaked to the swap meet, and that might have been the source, or the song just got leaked during the Death Row years Suge was in jail. Second, and this was what tipped me off on the fake, on the original verson of Doggystyle, G'z Up, Hoes Down is before Pump, Pump. The order goes, G'z and Hustlers, then the You Betta Reconize skit with Sam Sneed, and then G'z Up, Hoes Down, and the Pump Pump.

what u mean with fake? these albums are not boots. i have the very first doggystyle cassette, the vinyl and the cd. all have next epsiode listed on the cover, backcover or label but the tracks was not pressed on the albums. they all have gz up hoes down tho. i think they pulled the track seconds before they pressed the albums. for whatever reason.

DJSpin

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »

http://community.dubcnn.com/063FBFFFF000E9095000700045ECE/

got it to post

I call FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

\

its just a scan.. obviously the track isnt on there... poeple wanted to see the album back that listed The Next Episode..  my copy has it listed too and its not on it... and it also has g'z up h0ez down on it...

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2007, 09:39:29 AM »
just some speculation... those 4 dre ogs could possibly have been any combination of:

rat-tat-tat-tat og
tha next episode og
doggystyle feat. george clinton
the third pac track he did (forgot the name.. something about death in it)
just doggin

but we'll probably never know

HEC

« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »
its really hard to judge Next Episode against the classic songs on Doggystyle because we will probably never hear it in good quality so we can't compare but one thing I do know is Snoop blacked out on that even more than usual

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2007, 08:57:40 AM »
its really hard to judge Next Episode against the classic songs on Doggystyle because we will probably never hear it in good quality so we can't compare but one thing I do know is Snoop blacked out on that even more than usual

oh yeah no doubt about that. but you don't need to have a cdq version of it to decide whether you like the track or not( not aimed at you HighEyeCue; i mean in general);
it definately helps though.
there was a topic about sound systems not too long ago; that also helps if you have such a thing ( to maximize the listening experience), but it's not a requirement i think.

HEC

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

oh yeah no doubt about that. but you don't need to have a cdq version of it to decide whether you like the track or not( not aimed at you HighEyeCue; i mean in general);
there was a topic about sound systems not too long ago; that also helps if you have such a thing ( to maximize the listening experience), but it's not a requirement i think.

oh yeah no doubt I have it on my Ipod and ripped on a CD just wish there was someway this would wind up in better quality somewhere, the track as it stands is very dope and the back and forth rapping between Snoop and Dre is just insane on this

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:28 AM »

oh yeah no doubt I have it on my Ipod and ripped on a CD just wish there was someway this would wind up in better quality somewhere, the track as it stands is very dope and the back and forth rapping between Snoop and Dre is just insane on this

somehow it doesn't have much replay value for me; i haven't listened to the track that much but i still feel that i've heard it too many times  :laugh:

i tried to compromise the sound quality of the audio file a little by using audio editing software; will hook it up for you sometime  ;)

messi19

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2008, 03:44:12 AM »

somehow it doesn't have much replay value for me; i haven't listened to the track that much but i still feel that i've heard it too many times  :laugh:

i tried to compromise the sound quality of the audio file a little by using audio editing software; will hook it up for you sometime  ;)

Props