Author Topic: "SEXUAL ERUPTION" (from Snoop Dogg's new album EGO TRIPPIN)  (Read 3003 times)

Elano

Re: "SEXUAL ERUPTION" (from Snoop Dogg's new album EGO TRIPPIN)
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 10:31:10 AM »
Erm this is a joke right? I guess after hearing the track, theres a reason why its not on any other hip-hop sites/ forums, probably on the pop ones......

Seriously tho, high school musical is more gangsta than this track, maybe timbaland was right Hip hop is the new Pop ???

who cares if its not GANGSTA ?
grow up kid

Faggot u know what i mean, snoops meant to be a rapper and while im not saying artists cant make cross over tunes, this is a joke, this sounds like something that belongs on Nelly Furtados album, you wudnt expect it to be a rappers first single, besides i thought snoop was meant to be going back to his roots with this album, only using one producer and having no features, instead we get the typical BS from snoop, only difference this time is that he managed to achive it without Pharrell.....This isnt a terrible song, but its a clear case of snoop trying to bite an RnB star (Tpain) whos gettin shine atm from this Voicebox/autotune/vocoder BS, this song isnt orignal, isnt innovative, it's generic and pop, theres no excusing that, dont get me wrong im a snoop fan but im tired of the same old BS....

And my quote about his new single not being GANGSTA was a joke u tool, all im simply saying is i dont mind snoop trying to do summin new, but this track is generic, quite clearly a t-pain wanabe single, and POP....

Stop taking everything so personally

Your father is a faggot,stupid cuntfuck

everlast1986

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »
^chill its just a discussion

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
Lol @ Snoop doing dance music. Sounds like a track that could be popular in the european club scene.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:50 AM »
Erm this is a joke right? I guess after hearing the track, theres a reason why its not on any other hip-hop sites/ forums, probably on the pop ones......

Seriously tho, high school musical is more gangsta than this track, maybe timbaland was right Hip hop is the new Pop ???

grow up kid

Faggot u know what i mean, snoops meant to be a rapper and while im not saying artists cant make cross over tunes, this is a joke, this sounds like something that belongs on Nelly Furtados album, you wudnt expect it to be a rappers first single, besides i thought snoop was meant to be going back to his roots with this album, only using one producer and having no features, instead we get the typical BS from snoop, only difference this time is that he managed to achive it without Pharrell.....This isnt a terrible song, but its a clear case of snoop trying to bite an RnB star (Tpain) whos gettin shine atm from this Voicebox/autotune/vocoder BS, this song isnt orignal, isnt innovative, it's generic and pop, theres no excusing that, dont get me wrong im a snoop fan but im tired of the same old BS....

And my quote about his new single not being GANGSTA was a joke u tool, all im simply saying is i dont mind snoop trying to do summin new, but this track is generic, quite clearly a t-pain wanabe single, and POP....

Awwwwwwww........*Bumps Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River*

Elano

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »

grow up kid

baciami il culo coglione

SGV

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »

the fuck u you talkin about? is this shit aimed at me? because i dont dig the joint? sounds like something i heard done by a few cats before and so far i don't see anything amazing about it....i'm all for snoop trying different shit...drop it like its hot was g'd up and amazing and it was one of his biggest hits ever....im down with beautiful too...i just don't like this song very much at all right now to be honest....maybe it will blow up and i'll be happy because i always support the left coast but if that shit was aimed at me....u got me me mixed up homie...if not...my bad

pz

Are you a DPG groupie? If so, then yes, that was about you. If not, shut the fuck up.

Props to Snoop ? Man, I hate G-Funk groupies as much as you do but this song is plain garbage. I don't care if it's gangsta or not, the thing is, it's not fresh or something out of the box and it's straight up copying T-Pain. Who cares if it has potential of blowing up, it sucks. Snoop is such a big name, that he can put anything out and his cd will go near or platinum. Instead of that he's literally copying the popular trend at the moment.

Why can't other rapper be like Nas or Chamillionare. They say "fuck the trends" and create music that they want to, is dope and actually has more replay value than 5 spins.

Yes, Props to Snoop. Do you realize how many people have jumped on shit that Snoop made popular? So what, Snoop decides to do something that someone else made popular. He has that right. The dude has never really been one to follow others.  Yes, Snoop is a big name, but he wants to make hits. You gotta realize, the kids bumping Hip Hop today don't care about Snoop, so he's gotta make something relevant for them to bump. Its a marketing scheme.

LMAO @ Nas or Chamillionaire not jumping on trends. You never heard Cham before his Universal albums... I'm sure. This dude came out in 1999 when Bling rap was huge. That's the type of shit he was on. Him and Paul Wall, on every CCC or Swisha House Mixtape they were on, they're Blinged the fuck out in their lyrics. That's hopping on a trend. Nas did the same shit with Nastradamus and Bravehearts and been on that tip ever since. He hopped on a trend.

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Like I said in another topic:
Song is shit, but I hope it won't be a single from "Ego Trippin'"... But he's ego trippin', it's true...

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
strip club banger

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nl-CjtJfRFo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nl-CjtJfRFo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 11:22:51 AM »

the fuck u you talkin about? is this shit aimed at me? because i dont dig the joint? sounds like something i heard done by a few cats before and so far i don't see anything amazing about it....i'm all for snoop trying different shit...drop it like its hot was g'd up and amazing and it was one of his biggest hits ever....im down with beautiful too...i just don't like this song very much at all right now to be honest....maybe it will blow up and i'll be happy because i always support the left coast but if that shit was aimed at me....u got me me mixed up homie...if not...my bad

pz

Are you a DPG groupie? If so, then yes, that was about you. If not, shut the fuck up.

nigga please you shut the fuck up....song is straight wack....dpg are garbage for a long ass time bar snoop.........i know snoop is intelligent, he my fav rapper alive....but the joint is weak nuff said...if it blows good for the nigga, im pleased....but quit actin like you something, you aint shit but a fat chump...

joint is weak....maybe it'll get shit poppin in the clubs but i know whats poppin in clubs and cats dont wanna hear snoop singin in clubs....cats want to hear drop it like its hot, still dre or next episode...

and true the game is changin and snoop gotta change with it and maybe your right...people expect too much shit from snoop and  this does have potential  to blow but im not feeling this shit....sounds like a remake of beatufiul girls only that shit was all over the summer scene and this does not fit snoop imo....

im out

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 11:24:33 AM »

grow up kid

baciami il culo coglione

Isnt it ironic that you said and i quote
grow up kid
in your first reply, but yet u say
and then u dont even have the guts to reply in english, ur such a retard.....o yea a definition of the Term 'Ironic/Irony' is below incase you need it....

"Irony is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is a gap or incongruity between what a speaker or a writer says and what is generally understood (either at the time, or in the later context of history)."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:26:29 AM by Makaveli's Food & Liquor Loves Them G.R.I.T.S »

MR_JV

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 11:49:45 AM »
i dont care how much of a good single this might be, i still hate it!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »

pz

Props to Snoop ? Man, I hate G-Funk groupies as much as you do but this song is plain garbage. I don't care if it's gangsta or not, the thing is, it's not fresh or something out of the box and it's straight up copying T-Pain. Who cares if it has potential of blowing up, it sucks. Snoop is such a big name, that he can put anything out and his cd will go near or platinum. Instead of that he's literally copying the popular trend at the moment.

Why can't other rapper be like Nas or Chamillionare. They say "fuck the trends" and create music that they want to, is dope and actually has more replay value than 5 spins.

Yes, Props to Snoop. Do you realize how many people have jumped on shit that Snoop made popular? So what, Snoop decides to do something that someone else made popular. He has that right. The dude has never really been one to follow others.  Yes, Snoop is a big name, but he wants to make hits. You gotta realize, the kids bumping Hip Hop today don't care about Snoop, so he's gotta make something relevant for them to bump. Its a marketing scheme.

LMAO @ Nas or Chamillionaire not jumping on trends. You never heard Cham before his Universal albums... I'm sure. This dude came out in 1999 when Bling rap was huge. That's the type of shit he was on. Him and Paul Wall, on every CCC or Swisha House Mixtape they were on, they're Blinged the fuck out in their lyrics. That's hopping on a trend. Nas did the same shit with Nastradamus and Bravehearts and been on that tip ever since. He hopped on a trend.

I do know Nas and Cham had that fair share of following the trend.

It's just that nowadays, when everything sounds the same and every rapper is complaining about the rap game and how hip hop is dead, there are very few that actually do something about it. Thats why I named Cham and Nasir for example.

And it's not that I don't like T-Pain, unlike several others, I like most of his joints. But I don't wanna hear Snoop doing the same thing. Why not go political, some social themes and some dope ass storytelling. Like Bishop Lamont said in that Dubcnn interview, Snoop got a gang of dope, lyricall, concious songs but doesn't want to release them. It's his 10h album I think, you'd figure he's gonna be on some "fuck the trend, I'm gonna do me" type.

SGV

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:17 PM »
Snoops been "doing him" forever. Blue Carpet Treatment alone was Snoopy doing him. He has to switch shit up from time to time. He can't keep doing the same ass shit over and over. Dude is well into his 30s. He has a wide array of fans. He has to cater to all of them and unfortunately, he can't cater to them all at once. So this isn't for his hardcore Blue Flag on the left side back pocket wearing Internet fans... This is for the clubs, the parties, the kids, the broads...

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »
wtf happend to snoop   :'(

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
it's funny
 snoop was like  " i'm gone do the whole record by me, no guests i don't care even if it doesn't sell . and now the first single makes me thing that snoop "dosent care aout sales"