Author Topic: Scarface-MADE  (Read 794 times)

d-nice

Re: Scarface-MADE
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
originally it was reported dr dre would be producing on the album. surprisingly doesn't seem that'll be happening ;0

Thank god that info was "fake",I hate those all the "hot" producer and features albums.
Iīm more than happy that he kept it in house with Rap-A-Lot.
....and yeah the cover is mad dope.

Rap-A-Lot has to have one of the most underrated production crews in hip hop.
IMO the best in the South.
If not then I would say Organized Noize but those 2 are head and shoulders above other producers in the South.

Hell yeah,but what Organized Noize is really good at is mixing,damn their mixing is out of this world.
When  it comes to Rap-A-Lot itīs a shame they ainīt reconized,they can some how blame themself since they sometimes donīt print credits properly. .....And fuck how do everybody sleep on Scarfaceīs production skills? Damn,have you all checked out FaceMob?
OOOOOHHHH WEEEE,he produced the whole joint,shit is fire. John Bido,Mike Dean and Mike B etc. is all dope people wake up!

No doubt, Brad ain't no joke on them boards. The 1st Facemob album is a classic. I like his beats on the new UGK album also and on the Untouchable. The only peeps that seem to be up on RAL beats is Swishahouse. Mr. Lee did almost all the beats for Paul Wall's last album.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »
cant wait for this shit

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »
originally it was reported dr dre would be producing on the album. surprisingly doesn't seem that'll be happening ;0

Thank god that info was "fake",I hate those all the "hot" producer and features albums.

If not then I would say Organized Noize but those 2 are head and shoulders above other producers in the South.

Hell yeah,but what Organized Noize is really good at is mixing,damn their mixing is out of this world.
When  it comes to Rap-A-Lot itīs a shame they ainīt reconized,they can some how blame themself since they sometimes donīt print credits properly. .....And fuck how do everybody sleep on Scarfaceīs production skills? Damn,have you all checked out FaceMob?
OOOOOHHHH WEEEE,he produced the whole joint,shit is fire. John Bido,Mike Dean and Mike B etc. is all dope people wake up!

No doubt, Brad ain't no joke on them boards. The 1st Facemob album is a classic.
I like his beats on the new UGK album also and on the Untouchable.
The only peeps that seem to be up on RAL beats is Swishahouse. Mr. Lee did almost all the beats for Paul Wall's last album.

Mr.Lee is fairly "new" in the Rap-A-Lot family,when did he come around? 98?
I have not heard the last Paul Wall I belive,damn I get so confused with all these albums dropping.
Yeah,the second FaceMob album is a mystery.
I asked Devin about this,he actually didnīt know about it before he saw it in the record stores.
Mike B is helping out Trinity Garden Cartel,with their label. But theyīre affiliated with Rap-A-Lot so that doesnīt really count.
same with Mike Dean with Sherm and his Deanīs list label.
Off course Cube and Daz has enlisted Mike Deanīs skills but thatīs about it.

Outlawz after Pac died did alot of work with Mike Dean and RAL. Mr. Lee has been around at least since 96 or so. Slim Thug and I think Mike Jones have also had Mr. Lee beats on their albums. N.O. Joe is dope as fuck also. Love his work on Cube's War Disc.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 03:20:51 PM »
yea a little confusion over the single, i thought it was big dogg status..in terms of moving records, i think that would be the smart choice since Tip & Wayne are on it

Scarface has been in the game for almost 20 years.  He doesn't need Wayne and TI to move units.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 09:29:16 PM »
yea a little confusion over the single, i thought it was big dogg status..in terms of moving records, i think that would be the smart choice since Tip & Wayne are on it

Scarface has been in the game for almost 20 years.  He doesn't need Wayne and TI to move units.
i think you're forgetting how sales work these days
im not hating, this scarface album will be dope, he's the greatest ever in the south, and 2nd greatest all time IMO...but this cd will likely flop
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »

im not hating, this scarface album will be dope, he's the greatest ever in the south, and 2nd greatest all time IMO...but this cd will likely flop

No, it's you who doesn't understand how sales work these days.  You believe what some no talent dick at a record label tells you is "hot".  Record industry sales are down because the mainstream product is largely CRAP.  A major contributor to this phenomenon is the fact that the retards at the labels bleed and milk any trend / artist / producer out there until everyone is so tired of them that they are effectively useless.  They try and get these features in order to sell their product because their product can't stand on it's own.  Most albums today are really compilations, with dozens of features and random producers which give the album no cohesion.  It's not really an album, just a bunch of random shit packaged together

Face is using a lot of inhouse production vs. big name shit, so he saves lots of money there.  He writes his own shit.  Hell he produces shit himself.  His quality is never questioned because he's been in the game for so long and his record speaks for itself.  I don't think I know of anyone that calls Face wack.

You say this album will flop?  What is your definition of flop?  Have the rest of Face's albums been flops?

In your mind, you think an album is successful if it has a strong first week debut, ie propped up by some super over popped out single.  Good for you.  I don't judge quality albums by what they push in their first week, nor if goes platinum. 

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »

No, it's you who doesn't understand how sales work these days.  You believe what some no talent dick at a record label tells you is "hot".  Record industry sales are down because the mainstream product is largely CRAP.  A major contributor to this phenomenon is the fact that the retards at the labels bleed and milk any trend / artist / producer out there until everyone is so tired of them that they are effectively useless.  They try and get these features in order to sell their product because their product can't stand on it's own.  Most albums today are really compilations, with dozens of features and random producers which give the album no cohesion.  It's not really an album, just a bunch of random shit packaged together

Face is using a lot of inhouse production vs. big name shit, so he saves lots of money there.  He writes his own shit.  Hell he produces shit himself.  His quality is never questioned because he's been in the game for so long and his record speaks for itself.  I don't think I know of anyone that calls Face wack.

You say this album will flop?  What is your definition of flop?  Have the rest of Face's albums been flops?

In your mind, you think an album is successful if it has a strong first week debut, ie propped up by some super over popped out single.  Good for you.  I don't judge quality albums by what they push in their first week, nor if goes platinum. 
don't ever say i believe what a no talent dick at a record label tells me, because aside from T.i you don't know my fucking taste in music..besides T.i my favorite artists include:
Cube
Face
WC
Warren G
Xzibit

does it look like i give a fuck about what the labels try 2 tell me?

i don't believe that shit, look at the fuckin numbers as of late genius
who has sold records? T.I, Luda, Jeezy, Joc, Rick Ross etc...now before u go all fucking crazy on me let me say in CAPITALS THAT I DO NOT, DO NOT THINK SALES = QUALITY
most rappers write there own shit, but u got a point on the production tip
nor was UGK's quality questioned, and did there new album sell a lot of copies? don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but it'll be lucky 2 crawl 2 gold...same goes for common...and even talib kweli
no, if anyone ever called face wack, they deserve to certified mildly retarded
my definition of flop - a mainstream album that is not certified gold
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:53:50 PM by Lunatic 63 »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »

who has sold records? T.I, Luda, Jeezy, Joc, Rick Ross etc...now before u go all fucking crazy on me let me say in CAPITALS THAT I DO NOT, DO NOT THINK SALES = QUALITY
nor was UGK's quality questioned, and did there new album sell a lot of copies? don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but it'll be lucky 2 crawl 2 gold...same goes for common...and even talib kweli

Damn, touched a nerve huh? Gettin a little defensive there homeboy...

Let me ask you a question - Would you rather own a business that has $1,000,000 in sales and yet has net losses of $100,000 or a company that has $300,000 in sales and has a net profit of $75,000?  People get caught up in sales like they mean something.  When Ice Cube dropped Laugh Now Cry Later, he went gold and that was an independant release.  You know how much money he caked up by doing that?  These cats on the mainstream labels often have to go multiplat before they even break even. 

So I don't get how sales determine if an album flops.  You believe that cause that's what these fucks at record labels spew to the general public.  It used to be a very common occurance for albums to sell more and more as time went on - gaining strength off of quality singles but even more than that word of mouth.  Albums would go DIAMOND - 10x platinum, stay on the charts for YEARS.

But the execs changed their business model.  Actually, the record industry has been overtaken by douchbags in ties that think that they can manufacture music like they can manufacture cars off an assembly line.  They don't fundamentally understand music AT ALL.  It's now that all they care about is first week debut, they often don't release more than a couple of super contrived singles, the album falls off the charts in 4 weeks, and they repeat that process with the next flavor of the week shit.  Thier plan is to churn and burn through artists with the hope that one will blow than it is putting a lot of time and effort into perfecting the music.  Then again, most of these mainstream cats aren't musicians anyway, they're just exploiting the game and not bringing anything to the table. 

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 10:18:45 PM »

Let me ask you a question - Would you rather own a business that has $1,000,000 in sales and yet has net losses of $100,000 or a company that has $300,000 in sales and has a net profit of $75,000?  People get caught up in sales like they mean something.  When Ice Cube dropped Laugh Now Cry Later, he went gold and that was an independant release.  You know how much money he caked up by doing that?  These cats on the mainstream labels often have to go multiplat before they even break even. 

So I don't get how sales determine if an album flops.  You believe that cause that's what these fucks at record labels spew to the general public.  It used to be a very common occurance for albums to sell more and more as time went on - gaining strength off of quality singles but even more than that word of mouth.  Albums would go DIAMOND - 10x platinum, stay on the charts for YEARS.

But the execs changed their business model.  Actually, the record industry has been overtaken by douchbags in ties that think that they can manufacture music like they can manufacture cars off an assembly line.  They don't fundamentally understand music AT ALL.  It's now that all they care about is first week debut, they often don't release more than a couple of super contrived singles, the album falls off the charts in 4 weeks, and they repeat that process with the next flavor of the week shit.  Thier plan is to churn and burn through artists with the hope that one will blow than it is putting a lot of time and effort into perfecting the music.  Then again, most of these mainstream cats aren't musicians anyway, they're just exploiting the game and not bringing anything to the table. 
yea touched a nerve because u was talkin like soulja boy, joc, d4l, and shit are my favorite groups?? and why? because T.i is my fav artist or because im young? quite the generalization :-\
difference is cube dropped that independently, and i don't think face is doing that
i know that was common, but times have changed (sadly)
yea that's exactly what's goin on, and it sucks

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

yea touched a nerve because u was talkin like soulja boy, joc, d4l, and shit are my favorite groups?? and why? because T.i is my fav artist or because im young? quite the generalization :-\
difference is cube dropped that independently, and i don't think face is doing that

When did I say anything about soulja boy, d4l, etc.?  And when did I say those were your favorite groups?  My post was in response that you support putting wayne and ti on the lead single because that's the way the industry is now.  I'm saying that's bullshit, and fuck going that route because some asshole exec thinks thats the way to sell records.  Propagating that mentality fucks the game for worse.  It's that mentality and the lack of any independant thought (for the most part) by the mainstream artists for the game being as fucked up and sales being so far down. 

I'd argue that illegal downloading is the greatest thing that ever happened to these execs.  It gives them a great excuse for them having NO IDEA how to effectively market music.  They have that as their scapegoat.  But look at the porn industry, illegal downloading hasn't fucked w/ that a bit.

The mainstream rap game is so incredibly shitty and it's executives fault, and also that many of the indies have been acquired / absorbed by the big dogs, so there is really no difference.  They're all owned by one or two massive conglomerates so you don't have the access to the free market for true indies.  Ironically, the internet will ultimately bring these indies to life because they don't get the access via payola that the mainstreamers do on video / radio.

It's just a matter of time before there are no more major labels and I can't wait for that day.  Hip Hop won't suck nearly as much.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »

When did I say anything about soulja boy, d4l, etc.?  And when did I say those were your favorite groups?  My post was in response that you support putting wayne and ti on the lead single because that's the way the industry is now.  I'm saying that's bullshit, and fuck going that route because some asshole exec thinks thats the way to sell records.  Propagating that mentality fucks the game for worse.  It's that mentality and the lack of any independant thought (for the most part) by the mainstream artists for the game being as fucked up and sales being so far down. 

I'd argue that illegal downloading is the greatest thing that ever happened to these execs.  It gives them a great excuse for them having NO IDEA how to effectively market music.  They have that as their scapegoat.  But look at the porn industry, illegal downloading hasn't fucked w/ that a bit.

The mainstream rap game is so incredibly shitty and it's executives fault, and also that many of the indies have been acquired / absorbed by the big dogs, so there is really no difference.  They're all owned by one or two massive conglomerates so you don't have the access to the free market for true indies.  Ironically, the internet will ultimately bring these indies to life because they don't get the access via payola that the mainstreamers do on video / radio.

It's just a matter of time before there are no more major labels and I can't wait for that day.  Hip Hop won't suck nearly as much.
i used those names as examples
not just because that's what some no dick label tells me, it's not like the T.i/Wayne song is crap :-\
true
i personally can't see they're ever not being any majors, but hey will see
i guess it's just one of those things that i won't believe until it happens

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

No doubt, Brad ain't no joke on them boards. The 1st Facemob album is a classic.
I like his beats on the new UGK album also and on the Untouchable.
The only peeps that seem to be up on RAL beats is Swishahouse. Mr. Lee did almost all the beats for Paul Wall's last album.

Mr.Lee is fairly "new" in the Rap-A-Lot family,when did he come around? 98?
I have not heard the last Paul Wall I belive,damn I get so confused with all these albums dropping.
Yeah,the second FaceMob album is a mystery.
I asked Devin about this,he actually didnīt know about it before he saw it in the record stores.
Mike B is helping out Trinity Garden Cartel,with their label. But theyīre affiliated with Rap-A-Lot so that doesnīt really count.
same with Mike Dean with Sherm and his Deanīs list label.
Off course Cube and Daz has enlisted Mike Deanīs skills but thatīs about it.

Outlawz after Pac died did alot of work with Mike Dean and RAL.
Mr. Lee has been around at least since 96 or so.
Slim Thug and I think Mike Jones have also had Mr. Lee beats on their albums.
N.O. Joe is dope as fuck also. Love his work on Cube's War Disc.

Sure I "forgot" to mention N.O Joe but you know I love his shit,itīs those Rap-A-Lot booklets thatīs sloppy with their credits,
that makes us over look these dudes. Catīs like you and me know whatīs up,but they donīt get reconized by the masses.
About Mr.Lee Iīm sure youīre right if you say so,time flyīs by so fast that itīs hard to keep track.  :D
....and I got to give props  to Cube for reaching out to the Rap-A-Lot in house producers.

So true. Now that I think about it, LL Cool J also used N.O. Joe on The Definition also. Mr. Lee compared to the Bidos, Deans and Joes is the newcomer though, very true.

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »
I don't base shit on sales anymore. People are so clueless on music I don't even bother referring people to shit hardly anymore. Unless they are true fans and are open to it. I knew times were changing back when Last Of A Dying Breed was out and Yung Wun from Ruff Ryders was out and I was working at FYE. I recommended Scarface's album to him being that it was the South and it is a classic album IMO. He swore up and down he was wack and Yung Wun was better. I was like well Yung worked with Face on RR Vol 2 so I think it's all good. His homeboy was like I don't know much about Face, but dude is a vet in the game. I played him For What and he was blown away.

See that is the problem, lack of knowledge with alot of fans on the artists before their favorites. Who do you think the Lil Wayne's and Ludas and TI's listen to before they shit? But with most people talking about Scarface is like talking to a brick wall so I personally would like to see MADE do numbers but I know Face is going to give me a Face approved, certified banger like he always does so I don't care if I was the only one to buy it. I know I am getting quality material.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:57:51 PM by D~Nice »

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »
I don't base shit on sales anymore. People are so clueless on music I don't even bother referring people to shit. I knew times were changing back when Last Of A Dying Breed was out and Yung Wun from Ruff Ryders was out and I was working at FYE. I recommended Scarface's album to him being that it was the South and it is a classic album IMO. He swore up and down he was wack and Yung Wun was better. I was like well Yung worked with Face on RR Vol 2 so I think it's all good. His homeboy was like I don't know much about Face, but dude is a vet in the game. I played him For What and he was blown away.

See that is the problem, lack of knowledge with alot of fans on the artists before their favorites. Who do you think the Lil Wayne's and Ludas and TI's listen to before they shit? But with most people talking about Scarface is like talking to a brick wall so I personally would like to see MADE do numbers but I know Face is going to give me a Face approved, certified banger like he always does so I don't care if I was the only one to buy it. I know I am getting quality material.
i also think it's gon be quality
i was just saying if sales are partly his goal (which i think is always the case if you go with a major) the T.i/Wayne track is his best chance...

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »
RAL have had dope bests poppin since back in the day! Blak Monks, Big Mello, 5th Ward Boyz etc etc etc.

Scarface shits on everything from the south RAL should get more props than they do!!

Can't wait, I been down wit Face since I first heard him in bout 93' and his new shit is always on point!!
The work he did wit The Product was top notch and a great album also.

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"