Author Topic: My thoughts/your thoughts on D-12 LOLOL  (Read 923 times)

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My thoughts/your thoughts on D-12 LOLOL
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2001, 11:29:08 AM »
WestCoastVeteran, I notice you mention the War disc and not the peace disc. I mean the peace disk is just about fucking bitches and shit. Also since when was being real meaning you were a gangster rapper. I know Dre ain't no gangster, that's been known for a while but he ain't real either. On Chronic 2001. Wot was the song he was being truthful on. The last song. "The MEssage". A motherfucking tight song may I say so. I ain't gonna put Em under pop because if he was pop then he would be put in the catgory of pop so obviously he ain't pop. I ain't no big fan of Em and I don't consider him real but the guy isn't trying to be real either. He is just rapping about wot sells to people and right now it seems to be working. Of course in 2/3 year Em could be a forgotten person cause people got sick of wot he was rapping about. I like Em and think he is a talented lyricist but i think his beat's are closer to the nelly type stuff rather than pop cause since when have you heard a Britney Spears song or Travis songs sound like Em's. There's no point in arguing this cause it is over the internet and we can go on forever trying to convince each other wot we think on different rappers but I like Em and his music and you don't and although I can't really see you views on Em I still respect wot you say and I understand where you are coming from because you don't like Em it is the same as me and Dre. I am am sure you like Dre and are a big fan of him where as I am not that great a fan but I still respect wot Dre has done and why you like him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

verbalassaulta

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2001, 12:06:05 PM »
i admit d 12 is just an average album...but marshall mathers lp was flat out the best album last year, no one even comes close.   and no matter what anyone says em is a hip hop...  just cause mtv gives him exposure doesnt mean he is pop, ya he does a lot of stupid things..(like do a song with that fag).  but mtv exposure=$$$$$$ big time so whats wrong with that

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2001, 02:27:14 PM »
i find it funny how em puts out 3 sarcastic weid al-like songs and he's labled pop....

i hardly call:

guilty conscience pop
role modle pop
the way i am pop
i just don't give a fuck pop
stan pop

em himself said he can't stand "my name is and the real slim shady" becuase people take it the wrong way. instead of taking it as a parody like a weird al video or him mocking the pop world people actually take him as a pop act.

shit i'm sorry eminem is being original but you can't just buligerantly hate on him, he's NOT suge knight, like i siad you can just not really feel him but don't just straight out hate him for dumb shit  becuase he's "pop...ular" shit snoop is pop...ular and was when the chronic came out, and even more so with doggystyle, so just chill on the hating of the dude and if you don't like him don't go around dwelling in the fact that you don't like him move on and talk about what you do like, and lock this fucking topic

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2001, 02:36:12 PM »
I think that one dude had it right earlier.  People are afraid of change.  Em came in and dropped one album and changed the game.  He's now on top of the rap industry and ya'll weren't ready for it.

Someone compared Eminem to Necro.  Please go get Necro's cd, "I Need Drugs" and compare.  You'll be embarrased for even making the comparison.

TheSheriff

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2001, 02:37:29 PM »
I liked Em a lot before MMLP. I like that album, but it's not anywhere near as good as SSLP or Infinite.

And NEVER, EVER call Denaun Porter a white wannabe without looking at him, listening to him, checking his past first. He ain't no blackboy...

RapAce

• 'G'
  • R.A
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2001, 02:39:03 PM »
Actually I agree wth [shadow=red,left,300]N-imy [/shadow]and [shadow=red,left,300]westcoastveterean[/shadow], look, Eminem aint pop, but these trax are near pop "my name is"and "the real slim shady"but they were both created as an intro...as an intro for both albums..." "Bitch Please 2" is not pop it is cool. "kim" i no pop, it is shoc rap 'stan"is an eminem classic...I hink Eminem is very good. A brilliant lyricyst, an under Dre's shaow he is tight ( check out "whats the difference" And he can be pretty tight on his own too (check out "stan" or "I still don't ive a fuck")
But D-12 IS A JOKE a fuckin joke....they is fake-thugz, and they is trying to be cool but they is funny, not beoz they are comedians, they are a joke!!!!!

None o yall hate him coz he iswhite, just like WCveteran says...
And N-imy is right (according to me then) when he says about Dre : he says Dre is fake too, if eminem is fake, Dre raps about fucking bitches all day and all night, I mean he is married, and his WIFE says , Dre would never dare to call me a bitch it is just his image.....
See, I am not tryin tha diss Dre, I mean  i dig hi hit a lot. But Eminem's image i Slim-shady, menace to ppl, everyhuing is a joke, life is a bitch, he doesn't give a fuck....BUT THIS IS JUST HIS IMAGE!!!!! If he really though like that, If he was really like tha"t...that means one day you see hi naked runnin about, shitin in the presidents garden wipin his ass with the amarican flag, alk around with an M-16. Execute gay ppl, stab Elten Jhon..and he gets killed or locked in jail...GET IT.
don't go compareing slim shadys  lyrics with Marshalls life....none of yal o that ith Dre's Lyrics...

fuck it, I am gettin too much into this subject...

ps.

Ok, here is my thoughts, They should get rid of Bizarre, he is just slowing em own, he sux...they should, Kuniva out th goup, Kon Artist out the group, keep proof, Keep Swifty and kep Eminem,and they'd be less hit, and theyd be beter, Though, Eminem could ao get rid of them all, just gt with Dre, and make another album beter than MM, and show face on dre's new upcoming Album, just like he did on Dre 2001, ( what's the difference, and forot about dre) Thats it,

Peace
"Born a man, Died a legend"
2pac r.i.p

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2001, 03:23:25 PM »

Actually I agree wth [shadow=red,left,300]N-imy [/shadow]and [shadow=red,left,300]westcoastveterean[/shadow], look, Eminem aint pop, but these trax are near pop "my name is"and "the real slim shady"but they were both created as an intro...as an intro for both albums..." "Bitch Please 2" is not pop it is cool. "kim" i no pop, it is shoc rap 'stan"is an eminem classic...I hink Eminem is very good. A brilliant lyricyst, an under Dre's shaow he is tight ( check out "whats the difference" And he can be pretty tight on his own too (check out "stan" or "I still don't ive a fuck")
But D-12 IS A JOKE a fuckin joke....they is fake-thugz, and they is trying to be cool but they is funny, not beoz they are comedians, they are a joke!!!!!

None o yall hate him coz he iswhite, just like WCveteran says...
And N-imy is right (according to me then) when he says about Dre : he says Dre is fake too, if eminem is fake, Dre raps about fucking bitches all day and all night, I mean he is married, and his WIFE says , Dre would never dare to call me a bitch it is just his image.....
See, I am not tryin tha diss Dre, I mean  i dig hi hit a lot. But Eminem's image i Slim-shady, menace to ppl, everyhuing is a joke, life is a bitch, he doesn't give a fuck....BUT THIS IS JUST HIS IMAGE!!!!! If he really though like that, If he was really like tha"t...that means one day you see hi naked runnin about, shitin in the presidents garden wipin his ass with the amarican flag, alk around with an M-16. Execute gay ppl, stab Elten Jhon..and he gets killed or locked in jail...GET IT.
don't go compareing slim shadys  lyrics with Marshalls life....none of yal o that ith Dre's Lyrics...

fuck it, I am gettin too much into this subject...

ps.

Ok, here is my thoughts, They should get rid of Bizarre, he is just slowing em own, he sux...they should, Kuniva out th goup, Kon Artist out the group, keep proof, Keep Swifty and kep Eminem,and they'd be less hit, and theyd be beter, Though, Eminem could ao get rid of them all, just gt with Dre, and make another album beter than MM, and show face on dre's new upcoming Album, just like he did on Dre 2001, ( what's the difference, and forot about dre) Thats it,

Peace

Exactly wot he said.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Sikotic™

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2001, 05:00:43 PM »
It really doesn't matter that Eminem is white. I used to think people hated him cause he is white too but their are alot of underground artists that are white and get nuthin but respect like Necro, RA the Rugged Man, Evidence, etc.

Its just his ass is on MTV and on the news all the time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tecknine

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2001, 05:58:50 PM »
Look at Pac when he was alive....He had more little bitches on his balls than anybody..Em is white , so what he has skills.RA the Rugged Man is a white Gangster Rapper...Can't compare to Eminem...Em compares to other Shock Rap acts like Necro, Cage..I bet if Eminem was underground Everyone of you would be like Oh hes tight....And D12 i don't think they are shit except Bizarre.At least they are entertaining...Unlike if I were to listen to a fuckin WU-Tang Album...They have skills and shit. but i would fall asleep listenin to that same old shit..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2001, 06:26:45 PM »
dude teck what the fuck is up with the pic?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

RapAce

• 'G'
  • R.A
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2001, 09:16:38 PM »
Aight, I think d-12 is entertaining ofcourse...I mean, in the clip of purple pills, you see a man in a cactus suet singing the chorus, thats entertaining ofcourse, you see, superman (eminem) running ound the place, screamin "my bum is on your lips"
Look thats funny, But i prefer Still D-R-E, Stan, Next episode, thaz some reala shit, I prefer listen "I just don't give a fuck" It's ntertainig , But I don't like listening to "the real slim shady" neither do i like  listening to "purple pills"yeah maybe once, to check it out.

Anyway, thaz only my opinion...Peace
"Born a man, Died a legend"
2pac r.i.p

BadBoy4Life

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2001, 03:39:18 AM »
People are hating on Eminem because he changed the rap game? That doesn't make any sense at all. He hasen't changed the game , the game hasen't adjusted to his style. Pac changed the game , Pac was a legend, numerous groups, artists, record labels, producers tried to bite off Pac , his style, the way he expressed and carried himself, his music, etc. I don't see any artists biting and trying to be a wanna be Slim Shady well except for D12. Do you think in Americas streets, ghettos, corners Eminem and d-12 are respected at all? Not for a second. I can understand the upper class whiteboy liking Eminem and following him because they can relate to him, having alot of money to spend it on excpensive drugs and alcohol etc. But D-12 are just considered clowns that are trying to be Eminem way to much. The only thing I can give d-12 is their voices aren't as annoying as Slim I dont give a fuck shady lol. Eminems following consists mostly of non hip hop fans , i'd have to say most of his fans are middle to upper class whiteboys who have an appeal to the wigger lifestyle. well just an opinion, peace.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2001, 04:05:25 AM »
Hip-Hop/Rap is known as a predominantly black form of music & tha reason Em has changed/altered the game is that mo' peeps r beginning to accept different colours & cultures in this game. Peeps r lookin' past all that shit & accepting the music 4 what it is. I don't give a fcuk if an artist is black/white girl/guy whatever, if they got the talent to show 4 it then i'll giv' them respect & all respec' due Em is an overall tight MC, no doubt. Although I'm not feelin' most o' his current material.
But that whole shit u was jus' spittin' bout upper class white kids only feelin' Em's music due to them being able to relate to him is a load of bull. In my area not alot of white peeps have shit, but some of my white friends feel Em 4 his music, not his background an' shit like that. I mean Em's never been Upper Class!!! But in all I know mo' black peeps that r feelin' Em than white peeps.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2001, 04:41:35 AM »

People are hating on Eminem because he changed the rap game? That doesn't make any sense at all. He hasen't changed the game , the game hasen't adjusted to his style. Pac changed the game , Pac was a legend, numerous groups, artists, record labels, producers tried to bite off Pac , his style, the way he expressed and carried himself, his music, etc. I don't see any artists biting and trying to be a wanna be Slim Shady well except for D12. Do you think in Americas streets, ghettos, corners Eminem and d-12 are respected at all? Not for a second. I can understand the upper class whiteboy liking Eminem and following him because they can relate to him, having alot of money to spend it on excpensive drugs and alcohol etc. But D-12 are just considered clowns that are trying to be Eminem way to much. The only thing I can give d-12 is their voices aren't as annoying as Slim I dont give a fuck shady lol. Eminems following consists mostly of non hip hop fans , i'd have to say most of his fans are middle to upper class whiteboys who have an appeal to the wigger lifestyle. well just an opinion, peace.

Ok now you putting me in a category I ain't in. First of I am white. Second I ain't no middle or upper class, I am working class and I will always be known as that. Also I don't listen to Em because I can relate to him. I listen to him because I like his stuff. Y'nah the D-12 album. Everybody like that is shit, it ain't real and shit but it wasn't suppose to. It was just like an album that they could have fun on. The only problem I think with the album is that it was put out to quickl;y to help promote D-12 and make them money at the same time. But I ain't gonna be catagorized by a person who loves Puff Daddy's stuff. And as for not being a hip-hop fan, cause that wot you said most Em fans are. Well I listen to Tupac, Cube, Xzibit, LL Cool J, Mobb Deep, NWA but I guess they ain't rap huh. Man you ciritsize D-12 albums to much. YOu wanna take a look at Puff Daddy's albums before anything. Also you say that D-12 are only big because of EM which in a way is true byt Puff Daddy helps make sales on his album by having Biggie (a dead rapper R.I.P) on his albums.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2001, 04:58:07 AM »
This is what the forum is for!
Everything on this thread is tightness - hardly any stupid cussing - I don't agree with a lot of it but it's just great to see the mix of opinions

Ne way i don't have much to add but sum up Em

1. Very talented MC. Remember that
BUT
2. His music will not live forever because of his image - by trying to come off as being non- comformist he is actually conforming to what the media want him to do
Pac managed to be able to be anti - establishment and not be the medias best friend
His music will live 4ever Ems won't

Safe

PS. In case you didn't know the two founder members of D12 were Bizarre and Proof
So Bizzare ain't going anywhere LOL