Author Topic: got a question about puff daddy all about the benjamins remix  (Read 289 times)

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
does anybody have the original version of this song since its a remix version on the album, any info about the original version

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: got a question about puff daddy all about the benjamins remix
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »
i found this info

The song originated from a mixtape debuted by DJ Clue. This version of the song only featured Puff Daddy and the rap act The L.O.X. (excluding Styles P). The song was later added to Puffy's debut album, No Way Out, in a remix, "It's All about the Benjamins (Remix)", which added two new verses by Lil Kim and Notorious B.I.G.

does anybody know if the beat was the same as the remixes

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
I used to wonder about that myself. It was always weird that the first time the song came out, it was a remix. To this day I never heard the original.

Anyone remember the Rock-N-Roll Remix? Lol and the video?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »
yeah i remember the rock remix i got a few different versions of the song but i want the original, i was thinking about putting up some of my bad boy stuff, i have a pretty good collection...if people are interested i might upload some when i get the time i have a lot of remixes

StevenQBosell

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »
yeah i remember the rock remix i got a few different versions of the song but i want the original, i was thinking about putting up some of my bad boy stuff, i have a pretty good collection...if people are interested i might upload some when i get the time i have a lot of remixes

Oh hell yeah bro, please do that.

I gotta look for the unreleased original version of Me And My Bitch and post it here.

I'd really appreciate it it yo could up that stuff man, +1

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
i found this info

The song originated from a mixtape debuted by DJ Clue. This version of the song only featured Puff Daddy and the rap act The L.O.X. (excluding Styles P). The song was later added to Puffy's debut album, No Way Out, in a remix, "It's All about the Benjamins (Remix)", which added two new verses by Lil Kim and Notorious B.I.G.

does anybody know if the beat was the same as the remixes

That's interesting, I never knew that!  Yeah, I remember the rock remix, I always hated that one.  LMAO at the video in the school auditorium.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »
I actually liked the rock remix

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:13:52 AM »

Oh hell yeah bro, please do that.

I gotta look for the unreleased original version of Me And My Bitch and post it here.

I'd really appreciate it it yo could up that stuff man, +1
Yeah, that other version of Me & My Bitch is really tight.

Also, the rock remix is banging to me, but I never knew it had a vid too
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

gchild

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 03:32:15 AM »
does anybody have the original version of this song since its a remix version on the album, any info about the original version

The beat is exactly the same, same lyrics just the lack of lyrics from other artists.   Only other differencei could tell was  the word "Hebrews" not being blanked out when Jadakiss goes, "we stack chips like....."

This is the original version, but its off a Mixtape by DJ Premier, so theres a bit of scratching at the beginning(about min and half), which is not on the clue version, but gives you an idea of what the original tracks sound like. 
http://download.yousendit.com/5355EED30E1443F2

everlast1986

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:32:31 AM »
^props i've been wondering about the original version for some time too

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:45:07 AM »

The beat is exactly the same, same lyrics just the lack of lyrics from other artists.   Only other differencei could tell was  the word "Hebrews" not being blanked out when Jadakiss goes, "we stack chips like....."

This is the original version, but its off a Mixtape by DJ Premier, so theres a bit of scratching at the beginning(about min and half), which is not on the clue version, but gives you an idea of what the original tracks sound like. 

damn, I always knew that I heard him say "stack chips like Hebrews" without the edit somewhere.  I have no idea how I did though, because I've never had a DJ Premier mixtape.  Props for this!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »

thanks man!!! & i will upload some stuff when i get some time so keep checking the hook up spot

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 02:12:25 PM »
I actually liked the rock remix

me too, i always thought it was a good track.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson