Author Topic: Truth is, when you compare discographies; Tupac isn't seeing Cube on ANY LEVEL  (Read 1962 times)

Killa-a

• Lil Geezy
Cube is on another level he doesent put that much emotion in songs atleast i cant feel it most of the time he come's off  as trying to be hard wich reflects in his rhymes wich are about reality blown outta proportion to make his image look harder.I dont fall for that trick alotta of his tracks are gimmicks and he have alotta garbage club tracks to like put your back in it and some crunk joints cube aint even top10 maye he's nr 1 in the gangsta poser rankin dude just try's to hard plz i have all his cd's and in 6 year i dident even listen to a single one as to pac gets play every month cube's stuff sounds outdated when you play that shit now he's average to me .
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:54:42 AM by Killa-a »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
bullshit thread :-X

Soopa2Fly

• Lil Geezy
I don't see the point of this as Pac died more than 10 years ago.

Both Cube and Pac are legends, thread would make more sense to compare Cube to someone from the East that is also considered a legend who is still alive... maybe Rakim or Nas?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea that's true cube had some raw shit

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm a huge fan of both of them, so i don't want to be seen as a personal supporter of one of those two only. But the truth is that Pac had Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me and Killuminati who can be easly be considered CLASSICS. And he has a large collection of unreleased songs who could be used to make another classic album or two. It's not Pac's faul he died. Anyway:

1) like somebody said, you're comparing a 21 years old career to a 5 years old one
2) Pac dead is still outselling Cube

Anyway don't get me wrong, i love Cube. I love Cube, i love Pac, i love Kurupt, MC Eiht, Quik.. i love them all. But Pac was the man.

HEC

I'm a huge fan of both of them, so i don't want to be seen as a personal supporter of one of those two only. But the truth is that Pac had Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me and Killuminati who can be easly be considered CLASSICS. And he has a large collection of unreleased songs who could be used to make another classic album or two. It's not Pac's faul he died. Anyway:

1) like somebody said, you're comparing a 21 years old career to a 5 years old one
2) Pac dead is still outselling Cube

Anyway don't get me wrong, i love Cube. I love Cube, i love Pac, i love Kurupt, MC Eiht, Quik.. i love them all. But Pac was the man.

yep 3 of the 5 albums he completed before he died can be considered classic, damn shame that had to happen Pac would record so much material in so little time its like he was in a zone when he was in the studio

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
Yeah but that doesn't mean 2Pacs discography doesn't see Cubes on ANY level. Thats biased.

yeah plus Pac died when he was 25 and he kept improving all the shit he did later in his career was better than his first few albums would've liked to see his discography at this point if he was still alive
word

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Crooked I's discog is better than these 2 put together.
  :loco:
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
2pac is better

but cube is very dope

smegma

that's 6 classics...who else? the answer is nobody.

LL COOL J!!

Crooked I's discog is better than these 2 put together.

Word to mother.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
LOL is this thread some kind of joke? Pac is hands down the GOAT and has an undeniable 3 classics in MATW, AEOM, and Makavelli. I personallyt then again never felt a few albums other people consider classics, but to say Cube is a better overall artist is a joke Pac touched more peoples hearts then Cube can only begin to dream of.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
This threads is interesting. I've been following it, but never had time to respond. My 2 cents. Ice Cube's career is very consistent, and his put together a good number of classics. 2Pac on the other hand started out slow, but died at the peak of his career. I will not judge 'Pac based off releases after his death, that's unfair to say the least.

Debut solos:

After reading reviews I will say this, most people are too inlove with 2Pac to admit his debut was not as good as we all wanted it to be. On the other side, Ice Cube released an straight classic, on of the best inside looks at life for a young male in South Central. Where 2Pac fails is he might have been to political. Many connect to it now, but it was Ice Cube in 1990 and 1991 that dominated West Coast rap, and this CD showed why. AmeriKKKa'z Most was political, but it was also very streets, had lots of stories, and Ice Cube won the round of who had the better solo debut.
Edge: Ice Cube

sophmore albums:

Well 2Pac waited a couple of years to get a better sound with the help of Shock G, Ice Cube got in the lab right away, and both came out with albums that improved of their debuts. 2Pac had more radio friendly songs, like I Get Around and Keep Your Head Up, where as Ice Cube released one of the most raw diss tracks ever, No Vaseline. Like AmeriKKKa'z Most, Cube continues to sell a great number of records without much radio play, were as 2Pac finally found his place on not only Hip-Hop stations, but also pop stations and MTV. Cube's album could have been the soundtrack to the riots which were only 5 months after this album. This album for Cube was his best, he was Cube in his prime, again with stories, but more anger, this album was raw, and without question a certified classic. So well 'Pac got better, Cube wins this round.

Edge: Ice Cube

This might be the match up of both artist in their commerical prime. 2Pac hit the radios with Dear Mama, So Many Tears and Ice Cube had It Was a Good Day and Check Yo'Self. But the thing is, Ice Cube basically follows the same formula as his first two albums, it doesn't seem as raw as before, this album is overshadowed by his radio hit, where as 2Pac's radio hits get overshadowed by his album. 2Pac reveals himself in ways no other rappers ever have, and without question drops a certified classic. The Predator gets Ice Cube more sales than ever, but it was 2Pac's look into self, and the innercity life as a child that steals this round.

Edge: 2Pac

I try not to be biased here, but I'll say this, I remember in 1996, just listening to All Eyez on me, and thinking I'm hearing the greatest rapper ever. OK, enough with the side notes here. I think both albums are very simular, and if All Eyez On Me was just disc one this one would be hard to judge. But All Eyez is no one disc, but 2. And if you listen to it, you'd hear that disc 1 seemed like it was for the fans, the radio and just 2Pac making hot music. But disc 2 was for him, introducing his Outlawz, hooking up with the Bay and having songs that he'd listen to. On the other hand, Leathal Injection seemed like a CD Ice Cube did to stay inline with the new sound of 1993 when it was released. Cube had his radio tracks, but also his more layed back high gangsta face on. Gone was the drugs are the white devils trap, here was the full acceptance of what is West Coast Hip-Hop post Chronic and It Was a Good Day. This album for Cube actually seemed to want to put together his older material but with It Was a Good Day type beats. 2Pac on the other hand just went all out. With the best production of his career, 2Pac released a party classic thanks to Dr. Dre, he put out the greatest diss song since No Vaseline with Hit 'Em Up (though that was on the b-side of a single he had for How Do You Want It) and 2Pac sold over 5.5 million copies according to soundscan, and since this is a double CD that's over 11million sold. So where it seemed Ice Cube was trying to find a new way to put out his message, 2Pac seemed to be fully in his prime.

Seeing that his career was not what it once was, Cube takes a break, and releases an album with his new group the Westside Connection. It would be 5 years since Lethal Injection that we see another Ice Cube solo. On the flip side, 8 months after All Eyez On Me, and one month after his death, 2Pac releases what was suppose to be called the Makaveli Album, The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. The time off for Ice Cube was well needed, War and Peace, the War disc was much improved over Lethal Injection, Ice Cube seemed to be ready to go back to what made him Cube, hard beats, street sound and though the topics where never the same, you can tell he still had it. But Makaveli was on another world, with this CD 2Pac became the greatest rapper to ever grap the mic. With songs like Blasphmy he elevated his game to nothing seen, ever. His flow was hard, and you can tell he spit every world with all his heart. His radio songs were hot, and they fit the album, as oppose to standing out or sticking out as the radio songs. A perfect album, it is hard to say the War disc, the Peace disc or Smile Now Cry Later can compare.

Overall edge, I give to 2Pac. Ice Cube had a very strong beginning, and his still a great rapper, but 2Pac got better and better and better until he became the greatest rapper. There is no question Ice Cube is top 5 rappers ever. But honestly, 2Pac was a serious cat, and at the end of the day I can't see anyone touching him.

jbel1021

How can this be taken serious ?

Pac was active from 91-96, in case u can't count.. that's FIVE years.
And Cube has been active since 86... 21 years..

::)

I agree. Pac was young and didn't really get a chance as much as Cube did, even though he said he was gonna go into acting more. They both have different styles and are the best at what they bring to the table. Gotta give it up to both of them.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
Lemme just say I love both artists, so lets not hate on one to praise the other. OK..a couple of points:

1)I've had this argument with Jay and Nas fans..but not all classics are created equal. Pac may have Classics like Cube, but IMO he doesnt have a Death Certificate or Amerikkkas Most Wanted. IMO, Death Certificate is the GOAT Rap LP, period. That album is pure perfection, no weak tracks, all with a message, with a great concept. I love AEOM, 7 Day, and MATW...I just dont think they're on that level.

2)When we make these comparisons..how can we leave out Cube's group work?? You realize that's still part of his discogaphy. This is the guy who wrote the majority of Straight Outta Compton, he deserves credit for that. And he was the frontman of WSC, he was the voice and face of WSC when Bow Down dropped...that album is a group album, but its also very much a Cube album. We cant just ignore these albums for "convenience", after all the title of this thread is "catologue" not "solo catologue".

Now, when you include the group work, how can people still say Pac has a better discography?? Straight Outta Compton, AMW, Death Certificate, Bow Down...too much heat. Hell, throw in Kill at Will..the GOAT EP imo. Then you throw in Predator and Lethal Injection and it starts goin overboard. I love Pacs discography, its top 5 to me, I just think Cube is #1. The only MC who can compee is KRS.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
Also..people need to quit actin like Cube has been active in the music biz since '96. LNCL was his first solo in SIX 6 years..so yeah, he's still alive, but the majority of his catologue is still 89-96...he's been absent from the music scene since. Only in the last year has he been getting active again. You guys are actin like Cube has been droppin mad LPs since Pac died.