Author Topic: It's here! Bishop Lamont & Black Milk: "CALTROiT" - FREE DOWNLOAD!  (Read 3204 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: It's here! Bishop Lamont & Black Milk: "CALTROiT" - FREE DOWNLOAD!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »
Damn, this mixtape is straight fire from beginning to end. This, Bishop's N*gger Noize, Butch/Damizza's Back B4 Ur Lonely, Terrace's Signal Flow, Taje's Hot Box The Second Hit, WC's Guilty By Affiliation, & Blu/Exile's Below the Heavens are the best releases that dropped this year. The West definitely owned this year as far as dope hip hop dropping mainstream or not. 8)

Do u listen to anything else than west coast rap?
Yup. In fact I was just bumpin' my Smif N Wessun, Gang Starr, & Little Brother albums last night. But today all that's been playin' for me lately is West Coast shit. 8)

Yeah, Aight, but it seems like some cats in here listens to west coast ONLY and those west coast records u mentioned are mixtapes mostly ;)
There has been so many dope records out this yeah. Kanye, Cham, KRS, UGK, Cassidy, Army of the Pharaohs, Common, Talib, Devin, Joell Ortiz, Trae +++ :P

kemizt

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
Damn, this mixtape is straight fire from beginning to end. This, Bishop's N*gger Noize, Butch/Damizza's Back B4 Ur Lonely, Terrace's Signal Flow, Taje's Hot Box The Second Hit, WC's Guilty By Affiliation, & Blu/Exile's Below the Heavens are the best releases that dropped this year. The West definitely owned this year as far as dope hip hop dropping mainstream or not. 8)

Do u listen to anything else than west coast rap?
Yup. In fact I was just bumpin' my Smif N Wessun, Gang Starr, & Little Brother albums last night. But today all that's been playin' for me lately is West Coast shit. 8)

Yeah, Aight, but it seems like some cats in here listens to west coast ONLY and those west coast records u mentioned are mixtapes mostly ;)
There has been so many dope records out this yeah. Kanye, Cham, KRS, UGK, Cassidy, Army of the Pharaohs, Common, Talib, Devin, Joell Ortiz, Trae +++ :P
^Yeah that's why I said "releases" & not albums because there were also dope mixtapes that came out this year. 8)

Umaga

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »
now chuchhhhhhhhhh! 8)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »
Can we get a preview on what Bishop and Dawaun talk about on their upcoming interviews?  :)

Apologies on the lateness of Dawaun Part Two - right now, the date of that dropping is outwith my control as I am waiting on Dawaun and Chris, The GodBody's manager, to fact-check my transcript. I believe a few minor alterations need to be made. I'm sure everyone can appreciate that both of those guys are extremely busy. Thankfully, they're doing their best to make sure we can get it up ASAP.

In regards to what Dawaun goes on to talk about, I'm sure that anybody waiting on these subsequent parts will not be disappointed. I think just about every upcoming Aftermath project is touched on in some detail.

As soon as I get word on when Pt. 2 is fit to drop, DubCC will know! :)
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
I can't wait for CalTROiT Metropolis though, especially since they couldn't fit all the other songs onto the 1st CalTroit, that's crazy. 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 04:16:07 PM »
^yup & the pope mobile & ofcourse last but not least the reformation ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »
^And that mixtape with Bishop, Mykestro, & Glasses, I forgot what they were gonna call it though or is that that "Pope Mobile" one, I get all of his confused because he has so many in the works, LOL. ;D

MediumL

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
I'm guessing people like D12, possibly Eminem, Obie Trice, possibly Trick Trick, Warren G, Dwele, possibly Kam etc will probably be on Metropolis cause there were a few artists not on the mixtape i thought would be.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
I'm sure the reason for some cuts (like the confirmed talib & common track) were due to the fact he didn't wanna release 1 mixtape with all these overwhelming dope guests, and then another with nobody...balance ;)

The Watcher

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2007, 04:55:07 PM »
does this mixtape have dj's yelling & shit all over it?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

everlast1986

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »
the guest appearances on this shits on most actual albums

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2007, 06:21:30 PM »
GOD BLESS DUBCC 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2007, 06:26:19 PM »
does this mixtape have dj's yelling & shit all over it?
nope

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »
mads props on this.....some of the shit sounds hella amatuer and some shit seems like its got nuff potential...like its sick and with abit of work it could have been a banger...

anyone feel like they hearing a obie verse when stat quo was rappin...maybe those niggaz write together,lol

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »
Just get rid of WinZip and get WinRAR. It unpacks it all.

Halfway through the tape now. Gotta say a lot of the instrumentals so far have been a huge letdown for me. Tracks 9 and 8 had cool ones, but the rest of them up to that either struck me as bad, mediocre at best. Maybe they'll sound better on the second time around.

Raps have been cool though.

yeah i agree some of the rhymes have been sick...like the line about some rappers should be fans,haha...and some of the beats are weak.......right now caltriot, the stat joint, juggernaut and go at it are bangin but even they sound kinda amatuer in some ways...but then thats the whole point of a mixtape, some shit is gonna sound unfinished or rushed...some raw some bangin and some wack...and this mixtape consists of all that imo

by the way bishop still aint convinced me yet if im being real...but i know his album will most likely be bangin anyways,haha

pz

p.s inconvenient truth instrumental is bangin
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:16:17 PM by LyRiCaL_G »