Author Topic: "The Heartbreak Kid" Is A Sleeper!  (Read 537 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"The Heartbreak Kid" Is A Sleeper!
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:43:37 PM »
Damn...Why did so many people dislike this movie? I almost didn't watch it. Really didn't do shit at the box office, considering it was a Ben Stiller/Farrelly Brothers comedy. I thought this shit was hilarious, and I'm very surprised at how poorly it did. I'd say it's some of Stillers best stuff since "Meet The Parents"/"Meet The Fockers"...So if you like comedy and you haven't seen this movie yet and it's still playing around your area, I suggest you check it out...PeACe

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8IUVo5IaFg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U8IUVo5IaFg</a>

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: "The Heartbreak Kid" Is A Sleeper!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:57:32 AM »
Damn...Why did so many people dislike this movie? I almost didn't watch it. Really didn't do shit at the box office, considering it was a Ben Stiller/Farrelly Brothers comedy. I thought this shit was hilarious, and I'm very surprised at how poorly it did. I'd say it's some of Stillers best stuff since "Meet The Parents"/"Meet The Fockers"...So if you like comedy and you haven't seen this movie yet and it's still playing around your area, I suggest you check it out...PeACe

Yeah!! I don't get it either bro this movie defo has all the element's to be a winner..
maybe some of us are just to lazy to get up and go the movies anymore now?
I mean with all the bootleg's and internet access peep's are watching that shit at home already.

but yeah, on this Recomendation tho, i'm gonna go check it.
thx bro.

bez

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »
Same old shit with ben Stiller though. He basically plays Ben Stiller in every film. Wikkidy wikkidy wack.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 12:02:04 PM »
Same old shit with ben Stiller though. He basically plays Ben Stiller in every film. Wikkidy wikkidy wack.

How can you get tired of that? It's classic...It's like Jack Nicholson or Robert De Niro...Their personalities can dominate their acting. Not a bad thing if it's done right...PeACe

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
I didn't even know the movie was getting bad raps, I thought it was hilarious

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
I totally agree with you NIK, this movie was fucking hilarious!  I saw it twice in theaters!

Lazar

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 01:14:41 PM »
I think I will wait until the movie drops on DVD. I like Stiller but it´s true that he always plays the same character. Dude had to make something new

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »
He does play the same character in every movie (a total d-bag who gets fucked over) but that's why I watch his movies.  No one does it better than him.  I'm not interested in seeing a Ben Stiller drama.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 06:12:31 PM »
^That's ignorant as hell...Ben Stiller was originally known for being typecast as a nutty badass.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 07:23:22 AM »
i would say the movie was average. It had its funny moments, but it kinda dragged for me.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 02:26:13 PM »
Saw the trailer, looked like the same movie I've seen him do time and time again, with it getting less funny each time.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
good lookin NIK...i heard so many bad reviews i was just gonna skip it.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »
ben stiller is adam sandler re-visited

i never thought id see him compared to pacino or jack nicholson lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:25 AM »
ben stiller is adam sandler re-visited

i never thought id see him compared to pacino or jack nicholson lol

Were talking about actors who play the same character in different movies...Nobody compared their levels of acting...LOL.