Author Topic: Irv Gotti Kicks 50 Cent While He's Down, "F*ck Him"  (Read 668 times)

Elano

Irv Gotti Kicks 50 Cent While He's Down, "F*ck Him"
« on: November 05, 2007, 02:40:56 AM »
It might be a stretch to say that Curtis flopped, but the platinum record did at least prove that 50 Cent may need a musical makover. Gotti said the problem is that Fiddy has gone pop.

"As far as his whole tough guy image and him always frontin' like he's the toughest guy, we seen firsthand that he's not the toughest guy. Ya understand?" Gotti told SOHH. "As far as music goes it's crazy to me because everything that he put Ja down for, he's become. Everything."

"I remember when (50 Cent) first came out he did an interview and he said Ja Rule's a pop artist and he should just make records with Christina Aguilera," Gotti continued. "Yo look at this n*gga's new album. Yo. Justin Timberlake. Akon. He's a black artist but he's a pop artist. Ya understand. He's getting' beats from will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas. Who else is on his album? Robin Thicke."

"You doing records with white boys and they sound better than you on the record," Gotti added. "Like ya know they bodyin' you on the record. Like that's a Justin Timberlake record, that ain't even ya record homie. It should be Timberlake featuring 50."

Gotti said he paid little attention to the 50-Kanye sales race, but thought 50 Cent betting his career on a victory, against an underdog nonetheless, was a bad move.

"I actually thought with that, that he stepped in sh*t and he @#*$ed up," Gotti said. "They of all people should know about David and Goliath. David with his slingshot knock you off of that thing."

Gotti isn't in the business of doling out advice, but did have a few suggestions for the Southside King.

"Duck, that's my advice," he said. "When it comes, duck. Run. When it comes, run. That's the only advice. As far as advice for him and the business? There's no love there so why would I want to give him any advice. I could, but f*ck him."

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Irv Gotti Kicks 50 Cent While He's Down, "F*ck Him"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:48:06 AM »
Gotti said it straight out, truth is truth tho.
50 hated on Ja's formula, now 50 is doing the Ja
again ain't nothin' wrong with it, shit that formula worked for the originator of it LL Cool J
it worked for Pac, Shit Ja made hella hits with it.
just 50 shot himself in the foot by talking shit about it then go and become what he hated.

POP.

I like 50 music, but "Curtis" was  :-X

bez

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 02:57:36 AM »
Yup, 50 is stupid. We all know you need those one or two hits on your album to make a worldwide pop impact. I still think if 50 would of released 'So amazing' from the Massacre the album would of done better.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:00:55 AM »
^^ Since when did Massacre do bad ?

Gotti spoke the truth though, especially about the whole Kanye thing.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »
he's right but i like that 50/timberlake song

Matty

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:16:17 AM »
yeah the song is really good but it could be any random rapper on there...

bez

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:22:27 AM »
^^ Since when did Massacre do bad ?

Gotti spoke the truth though, especially about the whole Kanye thing.

I didnt mean numbers wise. I just meant critique wise. Maybe people would of said, well 50 has played the game and put a poppy single out himself. Lets be honest Candy Shop was pop and The JT collab was pop.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »
bottom line is 50 delivered a crap album considering the hype. he said it would be so far ahead of everything else out, he made up bs claims like come and go was like in da club part 2. i don't think he even believed it himself - a lot of label politics and a mediocre end product. no 50 cent bangers and a pretty lazy flow throughout. i get money was cool though, but not big enough to push the lp multi-plat...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:23:37 AM »
Yeah Curtis was definetly weak, I bumped a couple time when it got released, soon as Cham came out it was over. And I'm not planning on listening to it for a while. To me Curtis is everything what people said about Massacre, only that I think Massacre is a dope album.

What dissapointed me most about Curtis was the production. It wasn't bad, these no name producer bring a nice cohesive vibe adn they work well for G-Unit but from a 50 solo I expect nothing but top notch production, basically an epic album production wise. Just to think 2 other Timbaland tracks, Polow Da Don, Neptunes, Swizzy, Will.I.Am and Kanye didn't make the cut, with Dre and Em dropping average beats.

Well, in his defense, he did work on Curtis for only 3 months and BISD is the album he's been working on since 2006 (the Kanye and Timbo tracks are already confirmed), so it better be dope.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »
It might be a stretch to say that Curtis flopped, but the platinum record did at least prove that 50 Cent may need a musical makover. Gotti said the problem is that Fiddy has gone pop.

"I remember when (50 Cent) first came out he did an interview and he said Ja Rule's a pop artist and he should just make records with Christina Aguilera," Gotti continued. "Yo look at this n*gga's new album. Yo. Justin Timberlake. Akon. He's a black artist but he's a pop artist. Ya understand. He's getting' beats from will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas. Who else is on his album? Robin Thicke."

this is what i been saying since massacre. I remember an interview with him as well, it was on his new breed dvd that came out with grodt. Said the same shit about ja, then he copies him and starts singing and shit. Thats where i lost repect for 50.

bez

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:32:24 AM »
I to liked the massacre.

What BISD?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »
Irv's right. 50's a hypocrite.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »
I to liked the massacre.

What BISD?
Before I Self Destruct

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
50 is worse than Ja. Atleast Ja said it straight up "I like singing on my songs". 50 does it and always has some lame excuse (like he sings because when he tour other countries they only understand hooks).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
^^ I'd like to know where you read that because 50 has always been upfront with his singing style, it's actually been his trademark since POTD days and one of the main reasons why he blew up so easilly.

Ja is a lot worse at singing if you ask me. 50 atleast has a smooth voice, same with Snoop when he's singing, while Ja has that rough, raw voice like X or DMX and sounds plain ridiculous when he's hitting them high notes.