Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Video Interview With Bishop Lamont (NEWS-Reformation/Detox)  (Read 1891 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bishoplamont07/

Exclusive Video Interview With Bishop Lamont - November 5, 2007 By : Eddie

Dubcnn recently sat down with Bishop Lamont for an exclusive video interview. In this feature, we discuss his new street album with Black Milk, “Caltroit,” including details about the record-making process, and what he hopes his fans will draw from it. We also discuss his many upcoming projects, including the street albums “Caltroit Metropolis,” “The Pope Mobile,” “The Collection Place,” “Ill Clinton” with Damizza, and “Team America: Fuck Yeah!” with Indef. All of these projects will eventually lead up to the release of Bishop’s debut album “The Reformation,” which we get some new information on as well. At the end of the interview, Bishop reveals to us what he can about “Detox,” and gives us a little bit of insight as to what Dr. Dre’s last record is shaping up to be like. Watch or read the interview by following the link below. Shouts out to Edgar and TakeOff Productions for all of their help.

Exclusive Video Interview With Bishop Lamont [November 2007]

Over the weekend, we brought you the world premiere of "Caltroit," courtesy of Bishop Lamont, Black Milk, DJ Warrior, and TakeOff Productions. If you haven't had a chance to experience one of the hottest mixtape releases of the year, grab it here. "Caltroit Metropolis," hosted DJ Skee, will be out before the end of the month, and we have also just received word that "The Pope Mobile" will drop on Christmas Day! It just keeps getting crazier and crazier! In the meantime, visit Bishop Lamont on Myspace and tell him what you thought of "Caltroit" and the interview.

As always, stay tuned to Dubcnn for the latest on Bishop Lamont and the Aftermath Camp!

Drop feedback!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Oh BOY! :D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Aw shit I've gotta listen to this. 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Great interview (wish it was a little longer  :P ), here are some of the most interesting things said:

- N*gger Noize is gonna be on vinly too, just like Caltroit
- 1st official single from Reformation is "I Dominate", video being shot soon
- possible collabos with Nas and Eminem for Reformation
- Pope Mobile in december, Whoo Kid mixtape November
- Dre still considering the 12 step program for Detox

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Yeah cool interview. Can't wait for the next projects. Sounds like the single will be BIG.

I'm gonna cop the vinyls. But until then it would be great if we'll get a louder version of Caltroit.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:43:17 PM by --Vance-- »

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
i dont know i dont feel bishop lamont so much like the game... anyway hope he do well

Lunatic

+1 eddie
cool read, bishop seems like a nice, funny dude
can't wait for all his projects to drop :o
i dominate better leak soon ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You can't really compare Bishop and Game. Game is a gangsta rapper, while Bishop is more of a concious rapper. It's more normal to compare Game with 50 and Bishop with Eminem or perhaps even Nas.

If I did have to compare them, I'd say Bishop has better lyrics and story telling ability, while Game has a better flow and a monster mic presence.

ToOoOoN!!!

props for the interview! dubcc coming with heat like always  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
nice interview  :)

He wanted to do it like a twelve step program, like if you go to detox, the Betty Ford Clinic, it’s a twelve step program. So it could only be twelve records.
well i obviously prefer quality over quantity, but i do hope dre can put a few more tracks on it though.
bishop did confirm that detox is going to be a concept album, which makes sense, as some of us already predicted that in the serious detox topic: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.0
anyway, bishop is working on so many projects, he must be a workaholic  :laugh: and he's going to shoot a video for the 1st single right; so i guess it's safe to say that the album is pretty much done now, except for the singles part offcourse (interscope wants 6 singles i guess, and i dominate is probably a club track).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:55:22 PM by Dre-Day »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
nice interview  :)

He wanted to do it like a twelve step program, like if you go to detox, the Betty Ford Clinic, it’s a twelve step program. So it could only be twelve records.
well i obviously prefer quality over quantity, but i do hope dre can put a few more tracks on it though.
bishop did confirm that detox is going to be a concept album, which makes sense, as some of us already predicted that in the serious detox topic: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.0
anyway, bishop is working on so many projects, he must be a workaholic  :laugh: and he's going to shoot a video for the 1st single right; so i guess it's safe to say that the album is pretty much done now, except for the singles part offcourse (interscope wants 6 singles i guess, and i dominate is probably a club track).

yeah Im hoping that he at least adds two more tracks,to make it 14

No Skits, an intro & Outro yeah!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Chad Vader

As you probably figured my questions wasn´t that stupid,
just pay attention to the lyrics on Caltroit and Nxgger Noize.

Any last minute questions for BISHOP LAMONT?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158063.25
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
does this include Graffiti and Breaking? (Elaborate,if yes)

“I’ve got a graffiti backdrop! I’m hood!”

On “Caltroit” I didn’t do any skits,I just wanted it to be just complete,back-to-back hip-hop shit.
I wanted motherfuckers to
break dance,spray graffiti,
get drunk,get high,bust a bitch,whatever they do-
I just wanted a continuous feel.

Any last minute questions for BISHOP LAMONT?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158063.25
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that you´re a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.
Is this something you will use more in your lyrics? Maybe doing a tribute?

Dubcnn: So it’s definitely a concept-type album?
Oh yeah! I mean, it’s his last hoorah. I always tell people to make it make sense [to them,]
this is gonna be his “Return Of The Jedi” in the trilogy of movies.
So it’s gonna go hard!
I think that’s all you’ve got to say really.
THX it! But it’s his “Return of the Jedi.”

Again dude use so much references to Star Wars in his lyrics and interviews that this wasn´t a stupid question either.....
Ha,ha dude made fun of Chad Vader´s; (in the end of the video interview)  :laugh:
Chocolate Rain by Chad Vader
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel</a>

Bishop you need to do some shit,a tribute or something  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:38:51 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Man I love the fact that Bishop has concepts for most of his street albums.  Like how on N*gger Noize he spoke on racism.  With Pope Mobile he said they are going to talk about  religion and corruption in it etc.. can't wait to hear that album!!!  That album with Damizza and the one with Indef sound dope as fuck too!!!

Can't wait to cop all of them.  I wish they would release them all with NO DJ's on CD for us to buy!!!  I'll buy the vinyls just to collect, have no way to play them though.

Matty

yeah the caltroit mp3's need a serious boost in gain. strangely some tracks are a lot quieter than others...i loaded some up in wavelab and most aren't anywhere near peaking. is anyone at dubcc able to boost all the tracks up the their optimal volume and update the download? or if someone from the site wants to holler at me and i can fix them all and them in to you ;o peace

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming!