Author Topic: Wu-Tang Vs Rza, "You Don't Rob Your Friends... You Might As Well Be Pimpin' Me,"  (Read 851 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxVklC45bOQ&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IxVklC45bOQ&amp;rel=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YduSm_uxuc4&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YduSm_uxuc4&amp;rel=1</a>

Raekwon is so unhappy with Rza's direction for the new Wu-Tang Clan album that he threatened to release another Wu album without fellow member Rza.

In a recent interview with Hip-Hop personality Miss Info, Rae said that he and the other members of Wu are very unhappy with Rza's heavy guitar-layden beats on the group's upcoming comeback disc, 8 Diagrams. So much so that they will come out with a follow-up album if changes aren't made to this one, or of it's not permanently shelved.

"Rza's tryin' to create too much of a orchestra, piano ...he's trying to do too much of this guitar @#!* like he got a guitar on his @#*$ing back," Raekwon said. "We don't want that and the fans don't know us for that." [Watch Here]

Rae said the rift began with musical critiques by the group members of Rza's new sound.

"This is a new sound trust me, I know where I'm at and I'm the Rza, just trust me,'" Rae said Rza told the group. "No, we're not trusting you because we're not walkin' outta the studio happy. It's his vibe. He's like a hip-hop hippie right now."

After much back and forth, According to Raekwon, Rza still refused to change the music.

"Now it's to the point where it's like, Yo B, I'm not havin it ... I'm not cosigning that," Rae said. "If you got seven or eight brothers telling you blah, blah, blah, you gotta take heed to that. You been out-voted, B."

But at this point, the group is already over budget and the album is pretty much finished. Though Rae said nobody's happy with the project except Rza, it looks like it will hit the street as is. If that happens, Rae said he and the other members will release Shaolin vs Wutang, a response album without Rza.

"We gotta strike back with something right away to let them know we wasn't in agreement with that," Raekwon said. "If this album @#*$s around and goes that way, its gonna be a big shock to the game."

Whether the artistic differences get settled before the album is pressed or not, Rae said the money situation needs to be set straight.

"Don't play with a grown man's pocket, B." Raekwon said. "At the end of the day, you may have felt like you put millions in a @#*$%'s pocket. We appreciate it, but you know what? Don't ever let a @#*$% feel like you stealin' from him or you takin' something from him or you bein' sneaky and you can't show and prove certain things."

Raekwon wasn't specific about the allegations of money mismanagement, but he as much as called Rza a thief.

"Don't rob me and be my friend," he said. "I ain't with that. You don't rob your friends," Rae said. "You might as well be pimpin' me or something. You ain't payin' me ... you ain't keeping me fresh."

[For more on your favorite New York rappers peep SOHH NYC]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:11:49 AM by Timbo the king »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn! This isnt good news, but it'll be interesting to hear 8 Diiagrams!

MediumL

The tracks ive heard i havent really felt that much so ill be glad if they make a more soulful album
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

ToOoOoN!!!

i wonder how it's gonna turn out

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

damn, this dont look good...hope the gonna find a solution to this problem..harsh words tho

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dont air your family out to the world.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
miss info got it going on. pretty attractive

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
guitars and shit? LOOK WHAT THE FUCKIN SHOP BOYZ DUN DID! RZA IS ALL BOUT ROCKIN OUT lol...its upsetting tho to see the beef in the wu camp  :-\

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
^shut the fuck up, the RZA is not swagger jackin fuckin Shop Boyz......RZA is a fuckin genius, he created the whole Wutang sound so I trust that his shit will be hot.....I dont get why Rae is airin RZA out....settle that shit within the family.....airin him out in public isnt gonna solve shit.....

SindromSpitinSickPoem

• Lil Geezy
I can really feel what Rae is saying.

The Watcher

i have enough faith in RZA to buy this album without hearing a single track before hand
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Predator

There was Dre Day, now looks like it gonna be Rae Day  ;D

StevenQBosell

i have enough faith in RZA to buy this album without hearing a single track before hand

Hmm, I used to think that too, but after I heard that record AFTER Digital bullet (I think it was called Rza - The Prince or some shit), I started to have concern regarding RZA and his musical styles nowadays.

Is it just me, or does he stick to one keyboard, on a whole album, and never change it up?

I undertsand that style was tight on Bobby Digital, and Digital Bullet, but still.... I'm kinda torn here, because I can just imagine RZA having an archive of beats, prolly as much as Dre, and Rae hears all sorts of hard stuff, suggest it to RZA, but RZA has other directions for this album to go.

Although airing all of thi out in public really stinks.... Still picking up the album when it drops, just a little concerned about the future of the Wu, as we know it.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I remember reading a long time ago how the Wu-Tang Forever album was supposed to be full of orchestra/piano beats (well that's what RZA wanted) but the rest of the Clan wasn't having it. Anyways I hope this new CD comes out (Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang). Just imagine a Wu album full of beats from 4th Disciple, Inspectah Deck, Mathematics etc. I mean that would be fuckin hot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^shut the fuck up, the RZA is not swagger jackin fuckin Shop Boyz......RZA is a fuckin genius, he created the whole Wutang sound so I trust that his shit will be hot.....I dont get why Rae is airin RZA out....settle that shit within the family.....airin him out in public isnt gonna solve shit.....

calm the fuck down nigga. im not sayin he stole the shop boyz shit, im just jkin, any moron can realize that... :loco:...i heard the way rae was talkin bout rza, and rockin out with his guitar and shit, nigga cant joke? album is gunna be hot tho...and it will drop, no matter what rae thinks  8)