Author Topic: Wu-Tang Vs Rza, "You Don't Rob Your Friends... You Might As Well Be Pimpin' Me,"  (Read 852 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Without Rza these guys aint shit. Its dudes beats, production and his leadership imo that brought it all together.
You can have a bunch of talented guys Ie Ghost , Rae, Deck and the others but withouth the captain of the team ....i dont think they would of made it that far.
Exept maybe for Meth because he has so much charisma
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 01:28:26 PM by RealCity Mtl »

ToOoOoN!!!

Without Rza these guys aint shit. Its dudes beats, prodcution and his leadership imo that brought it all togther.
You can have a bunch of talented guys Ie Ghost, Rae,Deck and the others but withouth the captain of the team ....i odnt think they would of made it that far.
Exept maybe for Meth because he has so much charisma

true that+1

NotoriousTDA

:'(

Paul

I can really feel what Rae is saying.

i can hear it
funkyfreshintheflesh

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
the rza is so much of genius, only him can understand and like his music, i have not feel one of his beats since 2000

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, not a good sign when RZA the rest of the group disagrees on the production.

I love what RZA's done over the years, though I haven't heard all of his stuff. But even all the recent stuff I've heard by him were dope (like Presidential MC on Meth's 4.21. album and the "Chamber of Fear" commercial he did, for Nike I believe. But guitar shit all over the place... I dunno. He must've got carried away with the Guitar Gently Weeps-concept.

I'm kinda torn on how to feel by this. Hip-Hop should always be pushing the envelope amd surely RZA has always been a dude to do that, but still it'll be weird if a Wu album doesn't like... well, a Wu album.

And the money shit obviously doesn't help with the tension in the group. But I guess that's always been an issue, having to divide the income from one record so many ways and all that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:07:16 AM by T-Dogg »

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
i hope you dumbfukks on here are smart enough by now to know this inner beef is for album publicity

AndrE16686

^
I hope thats true. Otherwise, this sucks monkey balls. :-\

I love the RZA, his production and raps is great but yeah, its supposed to be a Wu-tang album, not just a RZA album.
I also think that the conflict within the Wu camp is often blown outta proportion, these dudes fight between themselves regularly its a normal thing between brothers, I don't think its going to be on some Game vs 50 type bullshit (I hope).

I don't care if I have to wait another YEAR for 8 Diagrams, just so long as it is released how it is supposed to be, rather than on a sub-par level or on a level that is not agreed upon by the whole Wu. 

also fuck miss info, bitch thrives on scandal and gossip.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 04:19:02 AM by The Overfiend »

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Didnt RZA sample "As my guitar gently weeps" for this new album, that would be interesting.

The Maestro

Elano

The tracks ive heard i havent really felt that much so ill be glad if they make a more soulful album

SOULFUL ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Are you kidding me ?

On The Edge of Insanity

i hope you dumbfukks on here are smart enough by now to know this inner beef is for album publicity

I don't see how Raekwon coming out and saying the album isn't what the clan (minus RZA) want it to be is good publicity for 8 Diagrams.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

I don't see how Raekwon coming out and saying the album isn't what the clan (minus RZA) want it to be is good publicity for 8 Diagrams.

word...why would he bash the album? that wouldnt help... ???

AndrE16686

^

true. but as I understand it, the Wu and also the Killa Beez ain't always been on good terms with each other, there has always been love and turmoil, order and chaos, so I aint so torn up over this current rift. There will still be good music and insight coming thru the Wu's gate for many years to come, even if it isnt from the core members all working together...somewhere there is always a Wu affiliate or a general scheming on how to bring us that hip-hop in it's purest form.

'To all my people across the World...this is real Hip-Hop right here, in it's purest form...'

-RZA Intro off Wu-Tang Forever.