Author Topic: Why Y'all Think The Playaz Circle Flopped??  (Read 579 times)

Lunatic

Why Y'all Think The Playaz Circle Flopped??
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:08:12 AM »
I really don't understand it...they had a big single out that was gettin lots of airplay, they had themselves a nice hook from a star in lil wayne, the album got promoted more than most albums coming out now in days

and still 26K first week? :-\

i think the sad, honest answer is that now in days, when you're releasing you're 1st album, it's nearly impossible to do #s..seems like nobody will buy you're album unless you're a proven vet in the game now, and that's fucked up :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: Why Y'all Think The Playaz Circle Flopped??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
good point! i dont think they flopped(yet),maybe if they release a second single that ppl is gonna catch up on them or maybe not

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »
good point! i dont think they flopped(yet),maybe if they release a second single that ppl is gonna catch up on them or maybe not
agian...
the sad truth is that now in days rap albums need to sell decent #s 1st week, because it's downhill from there 99% of the time
especially because the labels tend to give up after a 1st week flop
last album to sell decent #s after only doin so-so/flop 1st week? chamillionaire's 1st album, and his 1st week wasn't even that bad
bty, the 2nd single to this (if they still choose to release one) is "betta knock" ft. ludacris

smegma

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:18:49 AM »
The only media attention came from the first single. As far as I know they didn't release a second single. Maybe they did, but if so... then it must've flopped big time. Who cares anyway? I skimmed through their album and concluded it was shit.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »
agian...
the sad truth is that now in days rap albums need to sell decent #s 1st week, because it's downhill from there 99% of the time
especially because the labels tend to give up after a 1st week flop
last album to sell decent #s after only doin so-so/flop 1st week? chamillionaire's 1st album, and his 1st week wasn't even that bad
bty, the 2nd single to this (if they still choose to release one) is "betta knock" ft. ludacris

you're right labels tend to give up if the first single is not big enough but if the first single is big they push and push ya but with the playaz circle it's not the case

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:21:32 AM »
smegma: like i said, the 2nd single is to be betta knock ft. ludacris (track is a banger as well) most ppl don't release a 2nd single until after the album is out anyway, so makes sense to me why a 2nd single hasn't been released just yet
this album ain't that bad

trust me, i'm not mad that it flopped :D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
Haven't heard it yet...

Any chance for a link ? no rapidshare please ;)

kemizt

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

trust me, i'm not mad that it flopped :D

me too i dont really care about them lol

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »
k.dub: check ya pm's
tony: i'm sayin i don't care cuz i don't really like DTP lol (the whole beef with grand hustle..i know that's bad lol, but whatever..i don't hate on them, i admit when they make decent/good music like this PC album...but i don't mind seeing there albums flop :D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 12:22:30 PM »
I don't know why y'all are saying that you don't mind this album flopping. It's like you don't wanna see rappers make it big.

I don't like Curtis, but I'd like to see it make big numbers - cause I want every rapper to get that money, feel me?

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »
I don't know why y'all are saying that you don't mind this album flopping. It's like you don't wanna see rappers make it big.

I don't like Curtis, but I'd like to see it make big numbers - cause I want every rapper to get that money, feel me?
i personally don't like DTP, and i don't mind to see there albums flop...but at the same time, if this album sold 500K first week, i wouldn't be mad or anything..heck i could care less, i'm just sayin i don't care that it flopped

i can't hate on someone gettin they paper, i'm sure they are regardless of this flop..album didn't cost much to make anyway i doubt

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »

well i dont mind if they do big money,more power to them! but music wise it's not my cup of taste

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 12:29:58 PM »
I understan y'all +1

But ey, let me rephrase myself, I want every rapper EXCEPT 50 and Jay makin that money - they got enough already  ;)

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
I understan y'all +1

But ey, let me rephrase myself, I want every rapper EXCEPT 50 and Jay makin that money - they got enough already  ;)
lol true that
+1 Dub

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 12:31:11 PM »
I understan y'all +1

back at ya +1