Author Topic: Why Y'all Think The Playaz Circle Flopped??  (Read 554 times)

d-nice

Re: Why Y'all Think The Playaz Circle Flopped??
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »
I really don't understand it...they had a big single out that was gettin lots of airplay, they had themselves a nice hook from a star in lil wayne, the album got promoted more than most albums coming out now in days

and still 26K first week? :-\

i think the sad, honest answer is that now in days, when you're releasing you're 1st album, it's nearly impossible to do #s..seems like nobody will buy you're album unless you're a proven vet in the game now, and that's fucked up :-\

The buzz generated for them was off of the 1st single. And now in the digital, ringtone and downloading age, most people ain't paying for it and just want that single.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
The buzz generated for them was off of the 1st single. And now in the digital, ringtone and downloading age, most people ain't paying for it and just want that single.
very true, such a weak truth though :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 03:17:55 PM »
Because they didn't create some snap dance move and make a song to it and what D-Nice said people only want the hot single thats getting airplay these days. Its the digital age. Plus they didn't really bring anything new or innovative.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
It flopped because an album release has to be an event to be a success these days.  Everyone already has the fucking album or has at least heard it by the time it hits stores, so the only way people will go out and buy it is 1) if they think it's cool to do it (EX: everyone went to buy either Kanye or 50 the first week because everyone else was doing it and everyone was talking about it) or 2) if they feel that they want to support the artist (most people, sadly, don't give a fuck though, which translates to shit sales most of the time.)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »
they flopped cuz there wack. one decent single. a overrated single, but people seem to like it. they sound like the ringtone type people. lil wayne's chrous will sell in the ringtone department and these scrubs will make there quick buck, and we'll never hear of them again...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
they flopped cuz there wack. one decent single. a overrated single, but people seem to like it. they sound like the ringtone type people. lil wayne's chrous will sell in the ringtone department and these scrubs will make there quick buck, and we'll never hear of them again...

They'll be on Luda's DTP comp.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:09 PM »
big shit lol

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
song is really old.. but that probably didn't make a difference. IMO, noone cares about Playaz Circle. I know I dont - they have no star power and aren't likable at all. People most likely anticipated the album to have one or two hot songs, and to be nothin special. I never bothered listening to it (if I don't bother downloading it, why would anyone buy it?), so I can't really comment on if that was true or not.

But yeah - noone cares about these guys. Shit, I forgot their name for a minute and had to check what it was before I posted (confused them with field mob)

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »
big shit lol

DTP's compilations sell well, just not when they have to venture out and do they own albums. Chaka and Luda have to be partially to blame for that because it seems like promo for their albums starts just weeks before they drop. I did not even know Playaz Circle was out until I picked up the new Jay-Z from the store.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
big shit lol

DTP's compilations sell well, just not when they have to venture out and do they own albums. Chaka and Luda have to be partially to blame for that because it seems like promo for their albums starts just weeks before they drop. I did not even know Playaz Circle was out until I picked up the new Jay-Z from the store.
i'm sayin big shit in the sense that it's not like they'll get any real buzz from that..maybe they'll have 1 song or 1 appearance..nobody gon buy the dtp compo besides hardcore luda fans

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 07:59:55 PM »
big shit lol

i'm sayin big shit in the sense that it's not like they'll get any real buzz from that..maybe they'll have 1 song or 1 appearance..nobody gon buy the dtp compo besides hardcore luda fans

Which is alot of people. Do you have something against Luda and DTP? I hardly ever see you say anything positive about them.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »
big shit lol

Which is alot of people. Do you have something against Luda and DTP? I hardly ever see you say anything positive about them.
you're getting it twisted homie
hardcore luda fans already know bout playaz circle, so it's not gonna help there buzz situation..if you're a hardcore luda fan (i got a friend who is) u follow DTP's moves, and are well aware of who the playaz circle is...them being on the compilation is gonna get them very little new fans, if any
and yea i'm not a big DTP fan, but i said in this very thread that this playaz circle album is good

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »
No offense just a question.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »
No offense just a question.
i know dog, none taken
just saying i said "big shit" because it's not gonna really help there buzz..yes there are lots of hardcore luda fans, and yes they'll buy this album, and it'll likely crawl to gold..but at least 85% of those 500K already know who the playaz circle is, and few of them bought there album
too bad, album ain't to bad
+1 D

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
I understand what you saying now. +1, on point.