Author Topic: I'm On My East Coast Shit Pt.1; Jay-Z Thread  (Read 682 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I'm On My East Coast Shit Pt.1; Jay-Z Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »
Worse Track(s)
Bring It On
Overall Rating: 9.1/10

what? thats the 2nd best track on the album ..aint no nigga would be the worst imo.

lol to luna it was bad when he listened, im sure there is some own personal opinon in doin this.

What´s the point of this thread if it ain´t Lunatic´s personal opinion?
It´s not like this is going to be published in XXL or The Source.....
He did a fine ass job giving his personal take on Jay´s catalog.
D´Nice where´s your Cube and Xzibit discogs breakdown?

well this is a rap message board, if you havent noticed yet. now, here is where people talk and give there opinons on music. HENCE LUNAS THREAD  ;D 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
interesting thoughts, shocked you dont like 1900 hundred hustler. I thought everyone's verses were pretty tight.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »
props for writting this.

Can you put yuore thought on mp3 and upload them??? lol

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »
Lucifer= Bangin IMO

You guys ain't feeling Hard Knock Life Vol 2? That shit was bangin. Damn Jay dropped what like 5 or 6 singles from that album. The whole thing put him on the map as far as being one of the major players in the game.

The thing with Jay he can do a variety of tracks. He has the club bangers on lock, he can get introspective like about his father and growing up, or he can just black out and get mad lyrical if he has to. I know alot of people don't like Jay, but he does the damn thing and in his hey day OWNED the summertime.

Volume 1 he layed down the gauntlet on The City Is Mine. That track to me is when the beef with Nas really started on a subliminal tip.

I gotta give it to him, he took that torch and said he was the King Of NY after Big died.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 11:05:24 AM »
props for writting this.

Can you put yuore thought on mp3 and upload them??? lol
LOL read that shit doggie :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »
Lucifer= Bangin IMO

You guys ain't feeling Hard Knock Life Vol 2? That shit was bangin. Damn Jay dropped what like 5 or 6 singles from that album. The whole thing put him on the map as far as being one of the major players in the game.

The thing with Jay he can do a variety of tracks. He has the club bangers on lock, he can get introspective like about his father and growing up, or he can just black out and get mad lyrical if he has to. I know alot of people don't like Jay, but he does the damn thing and in his hey day OWNED the summertime.

Volume 1 he layed down the gauntlet on The City Is Mine. That track to me is when the beef with Nas really started on a subliminal tip.

I gotta give it to him, he took that torch and said he was the King Of NY after Big died.
see that's the thing with the black album & few of those songs that made the "worse songs" list. I don't particularly think they're "bad" songs, just not as good as the rest on that specific album(s).
HDK2 is a dope album indeed. I think that's when he got real mainstream, and i guess ppl started 2 hate.
Yup, and the fact that he can them variety of tracks is what makes him, whether ppl like it or not, 1 of the greatest of all time.

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
Lucifer= Bangin IMO

see that's the thing with the black album & few of those songs that made the "worse songs" list. I don't particularly think they're "bad" songs, just not as good as the rest on that specific album(s).
HDK2 is a dope album indeed. I think that's when he got real mainstream, and i guess ppl started 2 hate.
Yup, and the fact that he can them variety of tracks is what makes him, whether ppl like it or not, 1 of the greatest of all time.

I hear ya. Yeah Jay pulled a TI before he was out. He said he was king without even being crowned. But both put they work in though.

One thing that annoyed me about Jay was how much be would borrow lines from other rappers. Man for a long time I could not tell if he was a Snoop fan or dissing him how much he was stealing rhymes and concepts from him and Dogg Pound. UGK, BIG, etc.

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »
I got really tired of the beats on Roc La Familia from Rick Rock. They all started to sound the same when he was on his east coast run of supplying beats. Change The Game was ehh, but he stuck with 1 sound a little bit too long on that album for me.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »
nice breakdown but I think Jayz is one of the most overrated rappers of alltime can't stand his voice :-\

Jome

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »
Best rapper alive.

Most likely the best catalog in hiphop as well.

herpes

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »
u dont know remix is one of the worst songs on the blueprint 2.  That song is easily one of the best.  MOP  rode that beat pefect.  And girl,girls,girls is one of the worst.  While every rapper is saying the same old thing about women Jay did it in a original way at least.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »
u dont know remix is one of the worst songs on the blueprint 2.  That song is easily one of the best.  MOP  rode that beat pefect.  And girl,girls,girls is one of the worst.  While every rapper is saying the same old thing about women Jay did it in a original way at least.
well personally i HATE M.O.P (there voices) so before i even heard that song, i had a bad feeling about it
nah, i didn't like girls, girls, girls

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »
did you know there was 2 bonus tracks on vol 3?

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »
did you know there was 2 bonus tracks on vol 3?
yea
i wasn't big on any of them lol :-\

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
what about the intros? million and one and that one with memphis bleek, both produced by premo. those tracks are fucking fire!!!