Author Topic: Play a word game online and give free rice to the hungry  (Read 429 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Play a word game online and give free rice to the hungry
« on: November 10, 2007, 03:38:38 AM »
http://www.freerice.com/

I got up to 1000 grains in just a few minutes, test your vocabularly and do something good in your spare time

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Play a word game online and give free rice to the hungry
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:48:05 AM »
For info
An internet word game has generated enough rice to feed 50,000 people for one day, the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) has said.
The game, FreeRice, tests the vocabulary of participants. For each click on a correct answer, the website donates money to buy 10 grains of rice.

Companies advertising on the website provide the money to the WFP to buy and distribute the rice.

FreeRice went online in early October and has now raised 1bn grains of rice.

That is enough rice to feed 50,000 people for one day, the WFP said on Friday.

'Viral marketing'

The head of the WFP, Josette Sheeran, said: "FreeRice really hits home how the web can be harnessed to raise awareness and funds for he world's number one emergency."

She said word of the game has spread with the help of internet bloggers and websites like Facebook and YouTube.

"FreeRice really hits home how the Web can be harnessed to raise awareness and funds for the world's number one emergency," she said.

"The site is a viral marketing success story."

FreeRice is the invention of US online fundraising pioneer John Breen.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 07:27:43 AM »
is this serious, lol, ill play a while, ive been looking for a word game, i gotta get my volcab skills up

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
props 1+ good site keep my vocabulary up

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
props.  I love building thee old vocabulary and helping motherfuckers eat.  Can't go wrong.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
yo that's some immoral shit. makes fun of ppl starving for all I see
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
Lmao they massacre, pillage and generally turn these peoples lives into a hellish living nightmare so they are forced to abandon their villages and this is thanks to the good old oil corporations, recruiting mercenaries who have one mandate, make the area immediately available for oil exploration. As if that was not enough, they then destroy fertile land in order to build coffee plantations and of course to keep those people in the hellish life they have been accustomed to. This site must be a joke, it's cool for improving my vocabulary but ten grains of rice for every correct answer! and not to mention that many of these so called charities are run by the same evil shitheads causing all of this misery and suffering in the first place. Ever get the feeling you are being played? (no pun intended)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 05:21:25 PM by virtuoso »

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »
Lmao they massacre, pillage and generally turn these peoples lives into a hellish living nightmare so they are forced to abandon their villages and this is thanks to the good old oil corporations, recruiting mercenaries who have one mandate, make the area immediately available for oil exploration. As if that was not enough, they then destroy fertile land in order to build coffee plantations and of course to keep those people in the hellish life they have been accustomed to. This site must be a joke, it's cool for improving my vocabulary but ten grains of rice for every correct answer! and not to mention that many of these so called charities are run by the same evil shitheads causing all of this misery and suffering in the first place. Ever get the feeling you are being played? (no pun intended)
Yea I basically figured it was something like that, but its at least good for improving vocabulary

Boba Fettucini

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
Yea I basically figured it was something like that, but its at least good for improving vocabulary

yeah, its great were giving em rice and shit but its also just good to have a brainbuster to kill time with

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 08:12:14 AM »
what do u expect ur not paying anymoney

AndrE16686

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
what a good idea. But I don't see any advertising..... ???

AndrE16686

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »
what do u expect ur not paying anymoney

sponsor a kid then virtuoso.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »

I think you guys have misinterpreted what I have said, I am saying the whole save africa thing, is just a sick joke. However since you specifically mentioned charitable sponsoring, it's a fact that over 40% of contributions to the red cross, don't go to the causes which they are supposed to go to. They get swallowed up in the beaurocratic system and that's on the plus side, that is not accounting for the rampant theft. Or better still the UN who have been accused countless times of sending infected blood, infected condoms to these people. Or how about oh it's such a good thing they are clearing those land mines, when it's the same companies who placed them down in the first place. The whole thing is just a sick joke, I am not giving my money to any of these causes not because I don't give a shit but because the system plays all of the well intentioned people.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »

yeah, its great were giving em rice and shit but its also just good to have a brainbuster to kill time with

lmao