Author Topic: Metallica - The Black Album  (Read 300 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Metallica - The Black Album
« on: November 11, 2007, 02:31:55 AM »
As some of you may know, I'm a high-school teacher of English and history. A few weeks ago, I was having a class discussion with 16-year-olds about music, when all of a sudden one of my students asked me what my favourite album was. Even though I'm a huge music fan, I didn't have a clear answer to that.

So, when I got back home, I started thinking about an album that I really enjoy listening to. Not one that has gotten the most spins (that's not neccesarily a 'favourite' album) but one that I can put on at all times and will never get sick of.
I came to the conclusion that it's Metallica's Black Album. Front-to-back, that album's 100 % quality. The guitar riffs, the guitar solos, the drums, the lyrics, the overall sound of the album (thx to Bob Rock!)...it's just great, as simple as that.

I watched The Making of The Black Album (DVD) a few weeks ago, and that made me appreciate the album even more.

I kinda surprised myself actually, 'cause most of the time I listen to either hip-hop or soul music. I listen to rock music every now and then (Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Whitesnake, etc...) so it would've been a logical choice for me to have a hip-hop or soul album that I consider to be my favourite.
If I HAD to choose my favourite hip-hop album, I think that Dre's "2001" record would come close. Either that or 2Pac's "Me Against The World".

Just wanted to see if there are any other WCC members who play this album regularly.

everlast1986

Re: Metallica - The Black Album
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:12:40 AM »
I've been listening to that album since I was like 5 because my older brother used to play the hell out of it then I became interested in it and played it alot myself. I've never gotten sick of that album ever after 15 years of hearing it.

westsiderider323

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:29:33 AM »
ive listend to tha album b4
itz prolly tha only dope rock album
shit goes hard homie

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
Yes!
Metallica is my favorite metal band. And "Metallica" / "Black Album" is my favorite!
I played it so much, I had to buy another copy :P

I made a Metallica hookup a long time ago.. no success  :-X

kemizt

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 11:53:10 AM »
You know, the first album that I actually bought myself was "...And Justice For All". I was 10-years-old at the time, lol. While the rest of the kids my age were listening to kiddie music, I was listening to "Blackened" ;D No joke. Of course, I listened to the kiddie shit as well, but because I have an older brother, his musical preferences evidently had an influence on me. So when I was 10 I had these little Metallica patches stuck on my schoolbag :)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 12:05:23 PM »
You know, the first album that I actually bought myself was "...And Justice For All". I was 10-years-old at the time, lol. While the rest of the kids my age were listening to kiddie music, I was listening to "Blackened" ;D No joke. Of course, I listened to the kiddie shit as well, but because I have an older brother, his musical preferences evidently had an influence on me. So when I was 10 I had these little Metallica patches stuck on my schoolbag :)

Me too , kids were still playing gi joe and shit i was buying theb black album, use youre illusion, hcecking out some old Aersmith and zeppellin.

With that said The black album at the time some said it was too soft but yoo this record is hard as fuck. LIke duke said earlier the riffs,m the solos. The prodution is realy hard and raw on it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:51:09 AM »
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this guy right here
<--------------------------(me, not tony romo,lol)

is the biggest metallica fan this side of the world. bar-none!

i love the black albuml; many people think it's when they "sold out" but like James said , it's their "black in black album" [ac-dc] ......they  condensed their sound and made the production a lot thicker and better.

i mean yeah i still prefer master of puppets, and justice for all, ride the lightning, kill em all over this but maaaaaaaaan this album is the bomb

<------------this guy (me, not tony romo...well i don't know maybe) can play every song on the album on guitar.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:53:37 AM »
oh yeah

do yourselves ALLLLLLLLLLLLL a big favor and get the "bridgeschool benefit concert" metallica does a whole accoustic set list and it's fuckin bad ass.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:22:01 AM »
Metallica - The Black Album was the VERY FIRST CD I bought when I bought a CD player when I was like 10 or 11.  Took me quite awhile to buy a second CD too so yea I played the hell out of that CD.  My older bro was the heavy metal fan and like others have said he didn't like this album as much because this is when Metallica fans considering they sold out.  But I'm sure my bro was happy to see he brought me to the darkside LOL :D

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 08:45:58 AM »
i never got back into the black album after i bought and justice for all...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »
I'm hoping the new album will be bangin!
No St. Anger type shit

I've heard Bob Rock is producing again

kemizt

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »
No St. Anger type shit

it's RICK RUBIN so you know it's gonna be good! am i the only one who likes st anger?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
No St. Anger type shit

it's RICK RUBIN so you know it's gonna be good! am i the only one who likes st anger?

Ait, musta got the wrong info, name or some shit.
St. Anger wasn't bad as in wack - just wasn't Metallica.. no solo etc..

kemizt

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »
im not a huge metallica fan, but hows it like being a teacher of english, i might be that in a couple years