Author Topic: Pushin weight  (Read 604 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pushin weight
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »
benching doesnt mean shit

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »
actually it does.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 11:09:47 AM »
benching doesnt mean shit
I beg to differ. Man thats one way of getting your upper body mass up. 

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 11:21:07 AM »
 its how its done.

Dumbell chest presses are more effective and isolate your triceps and chest more then benching. Its harder to cheat as well. When you bench your just pushing a bar up, free weights you have to control the entire movement.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
its how its done.

Dumbell chest presses are more effective and isolate your triceps and chest more then benching. Its harder to cheat as well. When you bench your just pushing a bar up, free weights you have to control the entire movement.
Yea that true, they target your triceps and chest more. But when you do good benching, like slowly or paced yp and down movements, no locking elbows-its a good workout. Sometimes I see ppl working out getting alll crazy, like going all fast doing benching and slamming the bar on they chest when going back up. hillarious

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 12:09:23 PM »
its how its done.

Agreed. I never do the typical bench, always with dumbell's, it's way better for me and harder. But it does depend on a person.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »
its how its done.

Yea that true, they target your triceps and chest more. But when you do good benching, like slowly or paced yp and down movements, no locking elbows-its a good workout. Sometimes I see ppl working out getting alll crazy, like going all fast doing benching and slamming the bar on they chest when going back up. hillarious

yeah those fools are hella retarted...think there are big and shit, but bench like dumbasses.

what i was trying to say is bench pressing or "how much you can bench" doesnt mean shit like how strong and ripped you are

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »
its how its done.

yeah those fools are hella retarted...think there are big and shit, but bench like dumbasses.

what i was trying to say is bench pressing or "how much you can bench" doesnt mean shit like how strong and ripped you are
yup, thats true.

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »
^^^^

Thats why i prefer dumbell bench. gotta use those stabilisers and balance properly.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »
michevelli... i beg to differ..

bench presssing can be done in so many diff ways...take it from me i max out at 380 lbs flat bench been in the gym since highschool

regular bench press.. your primary muscles being worked are your pect's... secondary triceps...

incline bench press works your upper pecs.. your shoulders (delts) and your wings, and a little bit of your traps as well

close grip bench press total isolation on your triceps

on a side note.. you ever see guys at the gym n shit that think they are all tough but get humbled right away when they cant lift jack shit.. thats funny

swangin and bangin

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
have any of yall ever got stuck?

i was at the gym a couple months back and put 200 on the bar, picked it up, brought it down slowly, and it was too much to push back up.

it was 2 am and no one was in there and their employees leave at 10. so i was just laying there like "O FUCK"

had to roll it down all the way to my legs, si i can drop it on the floor.  so fucking painfull

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »
^^
LMAOOOOO

im sure we all have..  a few times here and there  ;D

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 07:27:04 PM »
^^
lol the worst for me like that was when i was doin the preacher curls and i didn have the clips on to hold the weights and i started laggin bad on my left arm at the end of the set and the weights slid off that side and the bar just flipped and fuckin cartwheeled over  smashing into the ground

ive put the clips on every time since.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
have any of yall ever got stuck?

i was at the gym a couple months back and put 200 on the bar, picked it up, brought it down slowly, and it was too much to push back up.

it was 2 am and no one was in there and their employees leave at 10. so i was just laying there like "O FUCK"

had to roll it down all the way to my legs, si i can drop it on the floor.  so fucking painfull

yup experienced a couple of times mostly when Id max out