Author Topic: Mr.TJ. Santana "The West Coast Succ's Right Now"  (Read 3179 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Mr.TJ. Santana "The West Coast Succ's Right Now"
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »
thread is on point...on a side note i still cant believe that KAM changed his style to get more exposure

Blue Smooth

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 02:02:08 AM »
Just my two cents...

I live in the South and I have never been out west. However, I am a huge fan of tha West and I enjoy a good gangsta album anyday over some of this bullshit that is played down here. The problem is not Snoop, Game. Tha Doog Pound, Dre, or any other older rapper out on the West. The problem is us as fans. We do not demand that the West get played on the radio's, we are the ones who are not buying the albums, we are the ones who put New West vs Old West. Don't hate on Game or Daz because they put out music that is about banging. The one thing that I like about hip-hop is it should be about what you represent and see in your communities. Should west coast rappers stop talking about gang like,but it is ok for the East or South to talk about selling drugs in EVERY SONG!!!!!.  I would rather the West keeping making music that is true to what we like than to sell our souls for a record sell.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 07:06:59 AM »
Yeah, dude telling some truth. I mean the west got a lot of good artists (Bishop, Crooked, Malone, Juice...) but they donīt get much attention from the people that donīt listen to westcoast rap, the radio stations from the south and eastcoast donīt care about them and tv stations like MTV donīt give a fuck about them too. Thats the fucking problem. Same thing with Dre: seems like everybody thinks "Detox" will be the rebirth for the west but Iīm sure itīs not even going to be a westcoast album.

What the westcoast need is some dude that donīt rap about gangsta shit, lowriders and all that typical shit. IMO Bishop Lamont is the guy with the best chances of a successful carrier and when he  put the attention back to the west the other rappers got better chances to sell their album.

But what I donīt like is that a lot of people donīt respect what Snoop and Game do for the west. Ok, Snoopīs last track was garbage but you must remember how long he is in the game and he still can go plat. And Game did a lot for the west too, put with "DA" an record out that comes closer to a "Classic" like no other westcoast album since years.

In some part I would agree, but for most part...neh...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

mylife

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 08:53:58 AM »
Man thats some real shit tj I see just what your talking about its a fuckin shame when we have one person (Dr Dre) that holds down all of the west coast and thats some crazy ass shit... That just lets you know we all have to put in some work out west but first it has to start with unity! Just look at the SOUTH its not just one person runnin shit in the south...I take my hat off to the south homie we need a true MOVEMENT on the west b cuz its lookin BAD!!! AS FUCK FOR US MAN AND THATS SAD...

mylife

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »
thread is on point...on a side note i still cant believe that KAM changed his style to get more exposure
KAM DIDNT CHANGE HIS STYLE MY BROTHER THATS A REAL BROTHA and he just got some good management after 15 years......So its some good things on the way for Kam

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »
Yo TJ where's Boosta at? He's dope as fuck. He still fuckin' with that Clutchaz group?
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

relic01

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »
I agree with you TJ 100%  What I find interesting is that no one on this blog mentioned the business side of this shit.  East coast niggas put there old rappers in executive positions.  Nigga's like Kwame, Def Jeff, Jay Z, etc will always eat from this shit because they are exec's.  Me and Daz Dillinger are finishing up this Fratt House album.  It's not the traditional "gangster westcoast shit, cuz that shit has had its run.  My focus right now is getting my label off the ground to sign west coast artist that are on some different shit.  But you have to build relationships in order to do that.  Alot of your favorite gangster rappers have a street mentality.  That shit don't work out well in the offices of corporate Amerikkka.  So my point is that along with bringing good music to the west, we need some new business minded cats at the forefront, and that's where I'm at!

G-Flow
Relic Entertainment
www.relicent.com
www.myspace.com/relic01

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »
^^ This is Relic The Done?

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

relic01

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »
^^ This is Relic The Done?

No G-Flow CEO from Relic Entertainment.  I've worked with Malone, Crooked, Sly Boogy, Daz, RBX, Lady of Rage etc.   

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »

No G-Flow CEO from Relic Entertainment.  I've worked with Malone, Crooked, Sly Boogy, Daz, RBX, Lady of Rage etc.   

Yeah I just saw that on your myspace page.. But before that I only saw the "relic01" thing and since Relic The Done is the only Relic I know in the music game..

This' Dargine, CEO from The Main Underground Stream Inc. I've worked with Al Gator, Focus (Aftermath), JUSTICE League, Big Paybacc (G-Unit West) and Lil' Murda (G-Unit South).

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »
This is how I see it...

I've been in school in the South since 2002, and before I got here, people in L.A. always saw me as a West Coast rap advocate, whether it was at my HS or in the neighborhood. When I got here, I would play nothin but West Coast, especially because I wasn't hearin any of it out here. I felt that our music was just as good, or even better, than what was out in the South at the time...but that the stations and all weren't showin us the love we deserved. I felt then, and still feel that 2000-2001 was the best span of years we've had since 94-96, and I thought we were on our way back.

Fast forward to 2007, and it feels like we've nearly been washed out the game. I feel that The Bay had a major hot streak as far as songs go, and many of their songs could have been major nationwide because they had that universal club feel to them. However, their scene hasn't been puttin out as much catchy music, and the hyphy scene has lost it's steam. L.A. rap hasn't done much of anything different since at least 2001, and even then, that was just a slightly modernized version of what we did in the 90's. Being here in Florida, I realize that 10 years ago, their music sounded like "Come and ride the train" "Tootsie roll" and Luke "Scarred"...but now it sounds like "I'm so hood" "Everyday I'm hustlin"...so why should our music sound the exact same way as it did back then?

I think we just need to re-invent the entire sound, and stop copying other coasts AND stop trying to live off the 90's legacy and come with something fresh. We're washed out the game, so even if we get a single here and there, it won't make shit happen if it sounds like what's out in the South. We see how much Mims did for the East coast with a South-soundin single.

On point as usual R. We really need a rapper not on that gang bangin/gangsta tip to blow up. Just to show some diversity out here. And not knockin that subject matter but something new and fresh.
like blu or murs

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

40oz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:54 PM »
This is the hook from my new street smasher!
The West Coast Succ's Right Now,

It's been 10 and some change since we had tight grip on the crown,

I hear the talks of niggaz bringin' it bacc,

But when they come it's the same-ol' tired ass shit in they raps,

Even the East aint eatin' right now,

Yeah.. the South got it locced, man the dirty really holdin' it down,

Karma's ah mutha fucca.. tell me how that sound,

Look who kiccin' down who buildin's now!

To hear the full song, go to: myspace.com/mrtjsantana

Also. Before those that don't know my pedigree, and start saying.. he must be from Wyoming or Maine somewhere.. he don't know what the fucc he talkin' bout. I'm from Compton!

the westcoast dont suck is just that your listening to played out rappers with no liricism, listen to guzzle, omar cruz,ya boy and all the fresh up and coming artist with talent

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
This is how I see it...

I've been in school in the South since 2002, and before I got here, people in L.A. always saw me as a West Coast rap advocate, whether it was at my HS or in the neighborhood. When I got here, I would play nothin but West Coast, especially because I wasn't hearin any of it out here. I felt that our music was just as good, or even better, than what was out in the South at the time...but that the stations and all weren't showin us the love we deserved. I felt then, and still feel that 2000-2001 was the best span of years we've had since 94-96, and I thought we were on our way back.

Fast forward to 2007, and it feels like we've nearly been washed out the game. I feel that The Bay had a major hot streak as far as songs go, and many of their songs could have been major nationwide because they had that universal club feel to them. However, their scene hasn't been puttin out as much catchy music, and the hyphy scene has lost it's steam. L.A. rap hasn't done much of anything different since at least 2001, and even then, that was just a slightly modernized version of what we did in the 90's. Being here in Florida, I realize that 10 years ago, their music sounded like "Come and ride the train" "Tootsie roll" and Luke "Scarred"...but now it sounds like "I'm so hood" "Everyday I'm hustlin"...so why should our music sound the exact same way as it did back then?

I think we just need to re-invent the entire sound, and stop copying other coasts AND stop trying to live off the 90's legacy and come with something fresh. We're washed out the game, so even if we get a single here and there, it won't make shit happen if it sounds like what's out in the South. We see how much Mims did for the East coast with a South-soundin single.

On point as usual R. We really need a rapper not on that gang bangin/gangsta tip to blow up. Just to show some diversity out here. And not knockin that subject matter but something new and fresh.
like blu or murs
^Word. 8)

tjsantana

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »
to dargine.. taboo is officially bacc home with the team. we set aside our differences, and focused of the subject at hand.

to respond to mylife, relic01, and 40oz.. there is a major lacc of west orientated executives in the offices today. and most of the few that is there, foucus more on their relations with others outside our circle, because they are trying to excel. everybody wanna move up! so they fucc with whats hot or the trend, so they can look good to the powers. they aint going that extra step to try to find something hot overhere, cause they  tryna stay employed, don't really give a fucc. but in one aspect and one aspect only do i feel them. they have family as well, and they gotta eat to. but then at the same time, be a leader nigga!

relic01.. we know that dre is not our only hope, probably the best, but not the only. but it's really not dre, (to a certain point) it's more on how others view us regarding dude.

40oz.. we don't succ ass individuals, we succ as a whole! artist, exec's, media outlets, "DJ's" (they play a big part) promoters, program directors, consumers, fans, producers, artist relations, etc.. anybody that is from here or stationed here for business, or personal. we all succ ass a whole! and until all them corner's meet, it is what it is. my opinion.

40oz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2007, 04:25:56 PM »
alright i thought u meant the individuals not the whole