Author Topic: Question About Ron Paul  (Read 237 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Question About Ron Paul
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul

In 2001, Paul took "moral responsibility" for the comments printed in his newsletter under his name, telling Texas Monthly magazine that the comments were written by a ghostwriter and did not represent his views. He said newsletter remarks referring to U.S. Representative Barbara Jordan (calling her a "fraud" and a "half-educated victimologist") were "the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady."[58] The magazine defended Paul's decision to protect the writer's confidence in 1996, concluding, "In four terms as a U.S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this."[33] In 2007, with the quotes resurfacing, the New York Times Magazine concurred that Paul denied the allegations "quite believably, since the style diverges widely from his own."[

anybody got more information bout this?>

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Question About Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
It's all bullshit, Paul fucked up an let someone write responses to his newsletter.   He let some jank motherfucker respond and he fucked up. It wasn't Paul so it's all good.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:17:22 AM »
Morris ran numerous attacks, including publicizing issues of the Ron Paul Survival Report (published by Paul since 1985) that included derogatory comments concerning race and other politicians.[52][53] Alluding to a 1992 study finding that "of black men in Washington ... about 85 percent are arrested at some point in their lives",[54][55] the newsletter proposed assuming that "95% of the black males in Washington DC are semi-criminal or entirely criminal", and stated that "the criminals who terrorize our cities ... largely are" young black males and "black men commit [crimes] all out of proportion to their numbers".[56][57]
And he was the only member of congress who voted against giving Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal. :nawty:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:58:25 AM »
Morris ran numerous attacks, including publicizing issues of the Ron Paul Survival Report (published by Paul since 1985) that included derogatory comments concerning race and other politicians.[52][53] Alluding to a 1992 study finding that "of black men in Washington ... about 85 percent are arrested at some point in their lives",[54][55] the newsletter proposed assuming that "95% of the black males in Washington DC are semi-criminal or entirely criminal", and stated that "the criminals who terrorize our cities ... largely are" young black males and "black men commit [crimes] all out of proportion to their numbers".[56][57]
And he was the only member of congress who voted against giving Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal. :nawty:

He didn't want to spend taxpayers money to do that.  He suggested that if congress wants to do that, that they all chip in and do it with their own money.  Rosa Parks is one of Paul's heros as he's a strong proponent to nonviolent demonstration.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
I know, but if you want to oppose something like this you might as well not vote at all. How is this going to look on his record if he makes it to the general election?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
I know, but if you want to oppose something like this you might as well not vote at all. How is this going to look on his record if he makes it to the general election?

It goes great with his record that he is principled and won't raise taxes.  He doesn't believe congress should mandate things like this.  It has nothing to do w/ the fact that it's Rosa Parks its the principle of the idea.  Again, he was all for taking contributions from the 535 cats in Congress and awarding her with a medal, but he wasn't going to tax the people to do that.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »

It goes great with his record that he is principled and won't raise taxes.  He doesn't believe congress should mandate things like this.  It has nothing to do w/ the fact that it's Rosa Parks its the principle of the idea.  Again, he was all for taking contributions from the 535 cats in Congress and awarding her with a medal, but he wasn't going to tax the people to do that.
It doesn't matter if you're a man of principles, what matters is you're a man of good principales. But that's besides the point.
All I'm saying is this vote can come back to haunt him. People are going to use this to say that he doesn't care about minorities or the civil rights movement. And the whole ghost writer issue is going to reinforce that argument. That's why I'm saying it would have been better for him to not even vote for or against it and just voice argument against that Congressional Gold Medal in general.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:57 PM »
^then people are fucking ignorant

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
Case in point.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 02:55:13 PM »

It doesn't matter if you're a man of principles, what matters is you're a man of good principales. But that's besides the point.
All I'm saying is this vote can come back to haunt him. People are going to use this to say that he doesn't care about minorities or the civil rights movement. And the whole ghost writer issue is going to reinforce that argument. That's why I'm saying it would have been better for him to not even vote for or against it and just voice argument against that Congressional Gold Medal in general.

But what is good principle vs. bad principle?  Thats in the eye of the beholder.  A reason why he attracts passionate people is because he is principled, and whether you agree with him or not, you know exactly what you get with him which is a voting record that doesn't contradict itself.

The media has tried to twist every stance he's taken to this date, and it has by and large blown up in their face as it only galvenizes his followers.

Voting to tax people for this reward is unconstitutional and that is why Ron voted the way he did.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

thats widely common in america, juz look at sparegeez

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 05:56:47 PM »
And he opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Believe me, people will have no trouble selling him as racist to the public.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »
And he opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Believe me, people will have no trouble selling him as racist to the public.

yeah true, but its to bad people are that stupid though

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

Do you think he's a racist?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

Do you think he's a racist?
No.