Author Topic: We All Know Crook's Been Taking Too Long, BUT...........  (Read 398 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
We All Know Crook's Been Taking Too Long, BUT...........
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:30 AM »
What about Glasses Malone as well?!?!??!

I mean, I know dude hasn't been in the rap game as long as Crooked I but it seems like he's been yellin "Beach Cruiser Album Comin Soon!" just about as long as we've been hearing stuff about "B.O.S.S." gonna be out real soon!".

What's the deal with Malone? I see him on MySpace all damn day, every day, promoting different hip hop shows, fashion events, nightclub events, etc, etc......but never anything self-music wise for him.

Bishop Lamont has been putting out tracks quite a bit, and he's putting up different MySpace bulletins here and there to announce that he has new tracks up or whatever, but I really haven't heard/seen much from Glasses Malone. I think he said he was shooting a video for that "Malone" track, but of course that never saw the light of day either.

I know he just got a new record deal with Hoo' Bangin/Cash Money not too long ago as well, but you'd think he'd be making a little more noise or somethin. Anyone know the deal?

Snoopafly-1986

Re: We All Know Crook's Been Taking Too Long, BUT...........
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:16:35 AM »
first rap CD I ever bought was Streetz Iz A Mutha and every1 was talking how he had the best 2 verses on the whole album and that was 1999 this is 2007 and Crook still hasn't released a fuckin album I think Glasses and Bishop gonna release one before him

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »
It's the entire west coast. All these dudes said they'd release albums in:
Spider Loc - 2005
Lil Eazy - 2005
G. Malone - 2006
Bishop Lamont - 2006
Dr. Dre - God knows how long it's been
Eastwood - 2006
Ya Boy - 2006
Omar Cruz - 2006
Yukmouth - 2006

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:23:51 AM »
I mean... It's either a lack of commitment and drive... or the West Coast in general being black balled.

Either way, it's highly disgusting.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
Wasted buzz. Crooked I, Ya Boy, G.Malone, all of em. When you're hot and you're name is buzzin you gotta follow up with an album. Other wise people are talkin about you for nothing.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:42:05 AM »
Wasted buzz. Crooked I, Ya Boy, G.Malone, all of em. When you're hot and you're name is buzzin you gotta follow up with an album. Other wise people are talkin about you for nothing.

True story.

Although maybe so-and-so didn't have a good enough album ready when his buzz was being created, but you still gotta capitialize on it somehow.

The Game had the whole "G-Unot" campaign that gained a ton of attention.

And other's did many other things. Gain a gimmick, aside from the "gangsta" one that you have on your records. It just doesn't seem like a lot of these cats are up on the business aspect of things. I know they're gridin, keepin it movin, makin a little money here and there to feed their families, which is all good for now, but if you want to make the music business your career, you gotta put your suit & tie on (at least in your head) and think/plan things out really well.

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:04:51 PM »
he just shot the Malone video a few weeks ago with Fase, Bishop, Mykestro, Big Wy, etc...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »
G. Malone ain't nobody really

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »
i'm slowly starting to get fed up with all of them, for real man :'(
crooked
malone
ya boy
o.cruz
carson
bishop

seems like the list goes on and on :-\

we complain bout the "oldies" still putting albums out, but at least they're doin somethin man

my hope is at least maylay doesn't join that list :-\
i'll never stop supporting the west coast, but i really hope those ppl on that list start droppin albums
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
hip-hop in general is in a slump and if you West aint no one checkin for you. its a fact.its not just that west coast dudes are still on the gangbangin shit,look at the south...everybody a D-Boy and trappin in their raps. Westcoast artists have been blackballed.maybe the average rap fan is just lazy and are satisfied with what bullshit TV/Radio is feedin em.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:07 PM »
I don't get these threads.  Do you think these artists are just fucking around all day, not trying to put an album out?  They're working hard every day recording music, doing shows, going to events, etc.  It's not up to them when an album gets released, they don't have a direct distribution deal like Daz where he just puts something out whenever he's wants to.  They're working hard to bring you the best product possible, and they're trying to get their album released.  Do you really think they don't WANT to release albums?  Come on.

And @187Proof, Glasses Malone just dropped a great mixtape a couple weeks ago that you can download here:
http://www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/gmalone-theelectricchair/

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 01:32:06 PM »
I don't get these threads.  Do you think these artists are just fucking around all day, not trying to put an album out?  They're working hard every day recording music, doing shows, going to events, etc.  It's not up to them when an album gets released, they don't have a direct distribution deal like Daz where he just puts something out whenever he's wants to.  They're working hard to bring you the best product possible, and they're trying to get their album released.  Do you really think they don't WANT to release albums?  Come on.
Well then it's about time that they find record labels that will give them that option. I'd rather a rapper release an album whenever he wants to then having to wait forever for a record label to give them the green light, eventually lose their buzz, and never end up releasing an album.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »

And @187Proof, Glasses Malone just dropped a great mixtape a couple weeks ago that you can download here:
http://www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/gmalone-theelectricchair/
real talk,check Crookeds HHW's(35-36?)...at least hes tryin to give the fans somthin and keepin his buzz alive. its not your average 9-5 job.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
Eddie does have a point
i guess it's just the labels not really fucking with tha dub

i was giving it some thought, and if u really think bout it, da east is having a very similar problem (papoose, saigon, joe budden's 3rd album been pushed back like crazy, ransom, tru life, etc.)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »
Damn, the record industry and fans are missing out on alot of artist and potential classic albums.  Shows just how much hate and jealosy to west coast gets
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/