Author Topic: Hittman?  (Read 14180 times)

Chad

Re: Hittman?
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »
I got a Hittman interview already in the works
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Chad

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2008, 05:14:49 PM »
Go ahead...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Chad Vader

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2008, 07:47:13 PM »

-There seems to be a curse on the stars from Chronic 2001. Knoc´,6-2 and you all got fucked somehow.  :-[ :-\
I mean,why do you think it went so bad for you all after the enormous success Chronic 2001 was?

-The original Detox concept was on some alter ego shit,seen trough the eyes of a Hitman.
I remember reading that you has a similar idea for your album,was the original Detox concept your idea?

-There was some talk of you writing for Cube... what was that about?

-What project was "Not Many Days" indended for?

-Thats Whuts Up sounds like a commercial for Pepsi,what's up with that?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:35:32 PM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »

Go ahead...

ok :halo:

-is it true that you'll be featured on Calitroit Metropolis?

- what the status of Big Hitt: The Last Days of Brian Bailey and Hitt's Big Score?
Hittmanic Verses was just a compilation

-are you really writing for Detox?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:00:20 AM by Dre-Day »

The Predator

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 06:17:10 AM »
Go ahead...

Tell us some stories or funny moments during the recording of Chronic 2001.

Whats ya favorite lines you ever wrote/rapped.

Drop us a quick freestyle.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 08:34:22 AM »
I know I am a bit off topic, but I was wondering, who's ghostwriting for Dre these days, for Detox?

The DOC,Lil wayne, and Hittman!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

:o

8)

Dope news thanks for the info.

Chad, could you ask Hitt what's up with the Man Act (him and Mel Man), and the Construkteconz (him and Stuntman) the groups he mentioned in his 2006 dubcnn interview.

Could you also ask him what the reasons are for the delays in dropping new music. i think he mentioned that he had several projects complete in 2006... How does he plans to release his new sh*t?

Thanks man, really looking forward to this interview. Was amped for some new Hitt after that 06 interview and have been patiently waiting since... i really hope he'll drop one of the concept albums he spoke on, some dope story telling sh*t.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »
dope, looking forward to this. Ask him his toughts on Aftermath as a lable and its every growing record of dropping artists and shelved albums. What/Who is the problem?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2008, 01:32:16 AM »

-There seems to be a curse on the stars from Chronic 2001. Knoc´,6-2 and you all got fucked somehow.  :-[ :-\
I mean,why do you think it went so bad for you all after the enormous success Chronic 2001 was?
  A curse? You're reaching. Up In Smoke Tour was huge! Eminem and Xzibit blew the fuck up after that album. Snoop 's popularity was the highest it had been in years. Nate Dogg just happened to end up on nearly everyone's album from 2001 to 2006. Knoc-Turn'al was actually doing good for himself until they changed his album to an EP. It came down to the stars who toured and appeared on the singles selling like two million copies on their albums. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »

A curse? You're reaching. Up In Smoke Tour was huge! Eminem and Xzibit blew the fuck up after that album.
Snoop 's popularity was the highest it had been in years. Nate Dogg just happened to end up on nearly everyone's album from 2001 to 2006.
Knoc-Turn'al was actually doing good for himself until they changed his album to an EP.
It came down to the stars who toured and appeared on the singles selling like two million copies on their albums. 

X,Em and,Snoop and Nate all had career going..... that´s why I only mentioned those three  ;) (the "rookies")

yeah Chad was talking about Six-Two, Knoc and Hittman.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2008, 01:47:31 AM »
But it's not really a curse to me. Not even bad luck. Just because they didn't get the mainstream attention like the others doesn't mean it went bad for them. I'd say compared to what happened with the people who worked on the first Chronic or during the N.W.A. days, those artists you named are blessed. Maybe it's just me but I really think you worded this shit all wrong. You are always gonna have people who come out of music projects, movies, and TV shows where some will shine more off their buzz then others.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2008, 02:38:50 AM »
But it's not really a curse to me. Not even bad luck. Just because they didn't get the mainstream attention like the others doesn't mean it went bad for them. I'd say compared to what happened with the people who worked on the first Chronic or during the N.W.A. days, those artists you named are blessed. Maybe it's just me but I really think you worded this shit all wrong. You are always gonna have people who come out of music projects, movies, and TV shows where some will shine more off their buzz then others.

do you really think so?  :P

are we really talking about the same artists  :-\

Jimmy H.

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »

Well, let's see. First, there's N.W.A./Ruthless.

Dr. Dre - His brother was stomped to death. He left Ruthless, angry over not being paid what he felt he was worth and had a war of words with Eazy for quite some time. Ended up in legal trouble over the Dee Barnes assault.

Eazy-E - Was unable to reunite N.W.A. after a falling out with Cube and Dre. He died in 1995.

M.C. Ren and DJ Yella - If not finding stardom as solo artists qualifies as a curse, we can put them down.

The D.O.C. - Had his promising career cut short after a car accident that destroyed his vocal chords.

Then there's "The Chronic".

Dr. Dre - Ended up making little to no money off the album. Got shot. Ended up with continuing legal problems which included having to spend a month on house arrest. Became so tired of the drama at the label that he began working from his own in-home studio instead of going to Can-Am, which resulted in resentment from several of the artists. When he finally left, he had a bitter falling-out with Suge that is still active to this day.

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Made no money off "The Chronic". After releasing "Doggystyle", he went on trial for murder. During the trial, his mentor left the label. After the trial, he and Pac had a falling out that went unresolved due to Pac's death.

The D.O.C. - Despite being the one who helped bring the label together, Doc never got brought in as a partial owner as originally planned. He also received far less attention and/or credit for his participation on the making of the album as Dre and Snoop. He ended up being one of the first to leave the label.

RBX - Never got a solo album on Death Row. Despite being positioned for the spot following Snoop, he left due to not being paid and being tired of the environment at The Row. Never quite got the recognition he deserved. Even as part of DPG, he still is often underrated by that fan base.

Nate Dogg - Legal troubles by the barrel. Never got a solo album released through the label while he was there. Was very rarely allowed to do guest spots on projects outside of the label, which would have helped him get some outside revenue.

Kurupt - Despite having a platinum-plus group album and being heavily featured on several of the label's biggest releases, he had to leave the label and file bankruptcy.

Lady of Rage - Should have taken off as the label's big female MC. Even after "Afro Puffs" became a hit, the label waited too long and by the time, her album came out, the impact was not what it could have been.

Warren G - Much like D.O.C., he felt his contributions (i.e. introducing Snoop to Dre) were not properly appreciated. Made no money off his work at Death Row and signed with Def Jam instead. The only Death Row artist on his album was Nate Dogg, who was only cleared, because the single, Regulate, would first appear on Death Row's Above The Rim soundtrack.

I'd say these rival any of the so-called "horror stories" from 2001.

Lets me run down their story quick;
-6-2;
Dre wanted to put out his solo album on Aftermath,DOC felt like Dre stole "his" scoop and said fuck it and took the tracks recorded while on Aftermath and added a couple of more tracks and released it as a DOC album (Deuce) on some bullshit label... the album sold like what you said?  :-X :P
From what I understand DOC even fucked 6-2 for royalties.
Then 6-2 went with Timbaland,he got fucked again  :-[
-Hittman;
Dropped from Aftermath,released his album trough siccmade  :P... do I need to say more?  :P
-Knoc´Turnal;
His album leaked all over,so the label said fuck it.... then the label released some half assed shit instead  :-\ :-[

Cursed?

Doesn't sound "cursed". It sounds like typical industry politics to me. You look at the Doggystyle All-Stars compilation or the label roster from 2000 to now and you have similar stories all across the board. Many also include some stays in prison. Ditto for Death Row.

Knoc-Turn'al actually had a pretty good run. His album didn't take off but it happens. He more than likely made some good money through his spots on 2001 and The Wash soundtrack as well as with the ghostwriting he did. Again, I don't view not having your album released as being cursed, especially in the era of downloading. The fact that any young up and coming artist is able to find his way on to an album with as much exposure as "2001" is in a one-in-a-million blessing in itself. That's just part of it though. It requires just as much luck to follow that up into a superstar career. The reality is Dre works with hundreds of artists. Some become mainstream superstars (Snoop, Eminem, 50, Xzibit), some earn a respectable niche fan base (Dogg Pound, Devin), some show superstar potential but never quite get there (Knoc-Turn'al, RBX) and some disappear before they even get on an album (Last Emperor, Brooklyn, Joe Beast). A curse to me would imply a level of bad luck that goes beyond the normal scenerio. An artist dropping a memorable guest appearance on one of the year's biggest albums and not becoming a superstar himself or even getting an album out is a fairly common situation.   

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »

haha god damn thats almost as bad as the crooked 1

Where is he at?

I saw him in the supermarket yesterday; Cleaning the floor.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2008, 02:36:54 AM »

Well, let's see. First, there's N.W.A./Ruthless.

Dr. Dre - His brother was stomped to death. He left Ruthless, angry over not being paid what he felt he was worth and had a war of words with Eazy for quite some time. Ended up in legal trouble over the Dee Barnes assault.

Eazy-E - Was unable to reunite N.W.A. after a falling out with Cube and Dre. He died in 1995.

M.C. Ren and DJ Yella - If not finding stardom as solo artists qualifies as a curse, we can put them down.

The D.O.C. - Had his promising career cut short after a car accident that destroyed his vocal chords.

Then there's "The Chronic".

Dr. Dre - Ended up making little to no money off the album. Got shot. Ended up with continuing legal problems which included having to spend a month on house arrest. Became so tired of the drama at the label that he began working from his own in-home studio instead of going to Can-Am, which resulted in resentment from several of the artists. When he finally left, he had a bitter falling-out with Suge that is still active to this day.

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Made no money off "The Chronic". After releasing "Doggystyle", he went on trial for murder. During the trial, his mentor left the label. After the trial, he and Pac had a falling out that went unresolved due to Pac's death.

The D.O.C. - Despite being the one who helped bring the label together, Doc never got brought in as a partial owner as originally planned. He also received far less attention and/or credit for his participation on the making of the album as Dre and Snoop. He ended up being one of the first to leave the label.

RBX - Never got a solo album on Death Row. Despite being positioned for the spot following Snoop, he left due to not being paid and being tired of the environment at The Row. Never quite got the recognition he deserved. Even as part of DPG, he still is often underrated by that fan base.

Nate Dogg - Legal troubles by the barrel. Never got a solo album released through the label while he was there. Was very rarely allowed to do guest spots on projects outside of the label, which would have helped him get some outside revenue.

Kurupt - Despite having a platinum-plus group album and being heavily featured on several of the label's biggest releases, he had to leave the label and file bankruptcy.

Lady of Rage - Should have taken off as the label's big female MC. Even after "Afro Puffs" became a hit, the label waited too long and by the time, her album came out, the impact was not what it could have been.

Warren G - Much like D.O.C., he felt his contributions (i.e. introducing Snoop to Dre) were not properly appreciated. Made no money off his work at Death Row and signed with Def Jam instead. The only Death Row artist on his album was Nate Dogg, who was only cleared, because the single, Regulate, would first appear on Death Row's Above The Rim soundtrack.

I'd say these rival any of the so-called "horror stories" from 2001.

lol if you really think that the artists that Chad mentioned are blessed ( relatively speaking), then you have no idea of what you're talking about  :P

and you do realise by now that Chad Vader wasn't literally speaking, when he used the word "cursed"?  :sleep: