Author Topic: Hittman?  (Read 14102 times)

Chad Vader

Re: Hittman?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »

But it's not really a curse to me. Not even bad luck. Just because they didn't get the mainstream attention like the others doesn't mean it went bad for them.
I'd say compared to what happened with the people who worked on the first Chronic or during the N.W.A. days, those artists you named are blessed.
Maybe it's just me but I really think you worded this shit all wrong.
You are always gonna have people who come out of music projects, movies, and TV shows where some will shine more off their buzz then others.

Lets me run down their story quick;
-6-2;
Dre wanted to put out his solo album on Aftermath,DOC felt like Dre stole "his" scoop and said fuck it and took the tracks recorded while on Aftermath and added a couple of more tracks and released it as a DOC album (Deuce) on some bullshit label... the album sold like what you said?  :-X :P
From what I understand DOC even fucked 6-2 for royalties.
Then 6-2 went with Timbaland,he got fucked again  :-[
-Hittman;
Dropped from Aftermath,released his album trough siccmade  :P... do I need to say more?  :P
-Knoc´Turnal;
His album leaked all over,so the label said fuck it.... then the label released some half assed shit instead  :-\ :-[

Cursed?

do you really think so?  :P

are we really talking about the same artists  :-\

Well, let's see. First, there's N.W.A./Ruthless.
Dr. Dre
- His brother was stomped to death.
- Ended up making little to no money off the album. Got shot.
Ended up with continuing legal problems which included having to spend a month on house arrest.
Became so tired of the drama at the label that he began working from his own in-home studio instead of going to Can-Am,
which resulted in resentment from several of the artists. When he finally left, he had a bitter falling-out with Suge that is still active to this day.

-I don't know how much money Dre made off the Chronic.... do you?
-I'm just speculating here,but I suspect the whole thing with Michellé played a role in this,
which Dre and Suge kept on low out of respect for Michelle´.... who knows.  :P

-Dr.Dre
Well, let's see. First, there's N.W.A./Ruthless.
He left Ruthless, angry over not being paid what he felt he was worth and had a war of words with Eazy for quite some time.
Ended up in legal trouble over the Dee Barnes assault.

-Hmmm,I look at this a little different. Suge got in DOC`s coked up head that again got in Dre's hear... something Dre probably regret today   :P
more about this here (link)

-Dee Barnes,he did that stop the violence video,good publicity overall for his "gangster" image.... fuck her and her stupid ass.
Dee Barnes VS Dr.Dre FAQ (link) including link to the "Stop The Violence Video

MC Ren and DJ Yella - If not finding stardom as solo artists qualifies as a curse, we can put them down.

Curse?
Ren killed his own career.
-Kizz My Black Azz,the album is certified Platinum with very little promotion. (wikipedia link)
-Shock Of The Hour,that shit must be one of the most noncommercial albums EVER released...
the only reason that shit went gold is because of his NWA fame. That's on him though,he choose to go underground. (wikipedia link)

-The villain in black,he went gold again... which again should be seen as a success,for such a album (wikipedia link)
--This is shit is weak,so he should be happy for the couple of hundred units he sold.  ;)

at the time of this article;

for the rest of the article and more.... (Link)

-That one of his best friends DJ Train died.... that´s a personal tragedy; (for Ren).

More MC Ren magazine scans

-DJ Yella; Did he deserve more success? I love Yella,but common....

-The D.O.C. - Despite being the one who helped bring the label together, Doc never got brought in as a partial owner as originally planned.
He also received far less attention and/or credit for his participation on the making of the album as Dre and Snoop.
He ended up being one of the first to leave the label.
-The D.O.C. - Had his promising career cut short after a car accident that destroyed his vocal chords.

Erotic D said it best; Karma is a bitch  :P ;) (on "payback" (diss track towards The DOC)

RBX - Never got a solo album on Death Row.
Despite being positioned for the spot following Snoop, he left due to not being paid and being tired of the environment at The Row.
Never quite got the recognition he deserved. Even as part of DPG, he still is often underrated by that fan base.

-Not sure who to blame here,he felt out with both Death Row and Aftermath.
He got a cult following... I guess he should be happy with that.
The Official RBX thread (Concrete Criminals) *Audio,interviews,reviews and news*

I'd say these rival any of the so-called "horror stories" from 2001.

outside personal tragedies... all these artists has done their thing. If their talent can't take them longer... well,the I guess they don't deserve more.
Action speaks louder than words...

Lets me run down their story quick;
-6-2;
Dre wanted to put out his solo album on Aftermath,DOC felt like Dre stole "his" scoop and said fuck it and took the tracks recorded while on Aftermath and added a couple of more tracks and released it as a DOC album (Deuce) on some bullshit label... the album sold like what you said?  :-X :P
From what I understand DOC even fucked 6-2 for royalties.
Then 6-2 went with Timbaland,he got fucked again  :-[
-Hittman;
Dropped from Aftermath,released his album trough siccmade  :P... do I need to say more?  :P
-Knoc´Turnal;
His album leaked all over,so the label said fuck it.... then the label released some half assed shit instead  :-\ :-[

Cursed?

Doesn't sound "cursed". It sounds like typical industry politics to me.
You look at the Doggystyle All-Stars compilation or the label roster from 2000 to now and you have similar stories all across the board.
Many also include some stays in prison. Ditto for Death Row.

Knoc-Turn'al actually had a pretty good run. His album didn't take off but it happens.
He more than likely made some good money through his spots on 2001 and The Wash soundtrack as well as with the ghostwriting he did.
Again, I don't view not having your album released as being cursed, especially in the era of downloading.
The fact that any young up and coming artist is able to find his way on to an album with as much exposure as "2001" is in a one-in-a-million blessing in itself.
That's just part of it though. It requires just as much luck to follow that up into a superstar career.
The reality is Dre works with hundreds of artists.
Some become mainstream superstars (Snoop, Eminem, 50, Xzibit), some earn a respectable niche fan base (Dogg Pound, Devin),
some show superstar potential but never quite get there (Knoc-Turn'al, RBX) and some disappear before they even get on an album
(Last Emperor, Brooklyn, Joe Beast). A curse to me would imply a level of bad luck that goes beyond the normal scenario.
An artist dropping a memorable guest appearance on one of the year's biggest albums
and not becoming a superstar himself or even getting an album out is a fairly common situation. 

Can't answer this better than Dre-Day;
....and you do realise by now that Chad Vader wasn't literally speaking, when he used the word "cursed"?  :sleep:

UPDATED

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008, 06:19:08 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gonna cop it definitely ;D ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:26 AM »
More importantly: WHEN IS HITTMAN'S ALBUM DROPPING?!?

This is the first I've heard of it....Halloween?

yeah that's what the ad says  ;)

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=76759393

just uploaded on his myspace. Over that Devin beat.
Where i usually rip myspace songs isnt working at the moment, can someone else do it?

^^^^^^^^^^
edit;
ehhhh,didn´t this leak years ago?

here goes the track

http://www.zshare.net/audio/505787961cf61cf4/

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:54 AM »
it got pushed back, according to his myspace page.

the current release date is unknown

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »
i was checkin cdbaby already but there is nothing yet :-\

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 06:23:18 AM »
Saw a Hitman Performance on SAT... 8)
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

TRG

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=76759393

just uploaded on his myspace. Over that Devin beat.
Where i usually rip myspace songs isnt working at the moment, can someone else do it?

^^^^^^^^^^
edit;
ehhhh,didn´t this leak years ago?

here goes the track

http://www.zshare.net/audio/505787961cf61cf4/

props man

and Chad, yeh im pretty sure its been around a while, but i've never been able to find it, only heard about it, so when Hitt decided to put it on his myspace, i thought i may aswell let people know ;)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »
Saw a Hitman Performance on SAT... 8)

Damn man.

Was that in OC? How was it? Did he perform new material and say anything about a release date for this Big Hitt Rising EP? was mel-man there or stuntman? sorry too many questions!  8)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »

Chad Vader

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2008, 03:48:55 AM »

CDbaby got it,but only digital  :P :-[ :-\

http://cdbaby.com/cd/hittman

Big Hitt Rising

The Architect of the New West Coast and Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001 album. Presents his long awaited debut album, which is the blueprint in this new state of the art Westcoast Hip-Hop era.

H.I.T.T.M.A.N. which is an acronym that primarily means Highly Intensive Tongue Talents Making All Nervous. Somewhat of an enigmatic figure in the Rap world, widely known for his contributions to Dr. Dre`s multi-platinum "2001" LP released in November of 1999. H.I.T.T.M.A.N. appeared on an astounding 12 songs including a solo track called "Ackrite". Also credited with co-writting the Next Episode, FxxK You & Some L.A. Niggas.

Prior to signing to Big Yacht/Aftermath Entertainment in the summer of "98", H.I.T.T.M.A.N. was featured on a song called "Life`s a Gamble" with former high school mates FunkDoobiest for their LP titled "the Troubleshooters". Other guest appearances include Knoc-turn-al`s 2004 release "The Way I Am" Watch Out, D.J. Hurricanes 2000 release "Don`t Sleep" Blow it Up & Kurupt`s 1999 release "tha Streetz iz a Mutha" showcasing a scaled down version of "Ho`s a Housewife" contrary to the one that appears on Dr. Dre`s "2001" LP.

Despite H.I.T.T.M.A.N.`s undeniable presence & input on "2001" his overall stint at Aftermath was rumored to be tumultuous to say the least. Creative differences between H.I.T.T.M.A.N. & his mentor Dr. Dre cast a black cloud over what was to be his Aftermath debut "HITT`s Big Skore". In the summer of "01" H.I.T.T.M.A.N. released a mixtape called "Murder Weapon". His last recorded performance with Dr. Dre was for the chorus of a song called "the Watcher pt.II" featuring Rakim his vocals were later replaced by Aftermath songstress Truth Hurtz, Jay-Z added a verse & the song ended up on "Blueprint 2, The Gift & The Curse".

In October of "01" H.I.T.T.M.A.N. was relieved of all contractual obligations to Aftermath Entertainment.

H.I.T.T.M.A.N. went on hiatus for several years, resurfacing in "06" with a CD called "HITTMANIC VERSES" which is said to be a collection of songs that were leaked & bootlegged over the years. In an interveiw with DubCNN.com a few years back H.I.T.T.M.A.N. stated that he was working on new material as a solo artist as well as with two groups that he is a part of which are Da Constuctekonz & tha M.A.N.. Fans speculate about H.I.T.T.M.A.N.`s involvment with "DETOX" Dr. Dre`s long awaited LP, but there has been no confirmation or denial as of yet. There has been internet chatter from bloggers about an EP titled "Big HITT Rising" due to drop on Halloween of this year.

A decade later and his style ten thousand times greater. H.I.T.T.M.A.N. masterfully crafts a guaranteed timeless hip-hop classic, his long awaited brand new EP called "BIG HITT RISING". The new album stores eight H.IGHLY I.NTENSIVE tracks that immediately takes the listener away into a sonically interleaved rhyming dimension. Big Hitt as usual pours his rich style of T.ONGUE T.ALENTS in clever formats adding to, to what is missing in our hip-hop culture. He who has the shxt thats ground shaking is M.AKING A.LL in the game, feel rejuvenated, excited, cautious, and to his adversaries pain shockingly N.ERVOUS.

BIG HITT RISING has opened the floodgates and this time around there is no stopping to what is to come soon after. Secret Messages have been encoded into the CD case, once deciphered, multiple blessings will be granted to the believer.

ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE H-LOGO FOR OFFICIAL H.I.T.T.M.A.N. PRODUCTS

Guess who's back...  8) 8) Hittman Interview & Freestyle
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=264
His name stands for “His Interesting Talent To Motivate All Nations.” Hip hop heads know H.I.T.T.M.A.N. from Dr. Dre’s multi-platinum album Chronic 2001, where he practically stole the show alongside legends like Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, Eminem and Xzibit. He’s the guy who bursts out of the screen at the end of the “Difference Between Me and You” video with Dre and Em. He was poised to be the next big thing when…well…nothing happened. He parted ways with Dre and Aftermath, he never made it to the Up In Smoke tour, and he just kinda vanished without a trace. Until now…

H.I.T.T.M.A.N.’s long-awaited self-titled debut album was just released and he’s hitting the road to take his music to the people. And with bangers like “West Coast Sh*t,” “Last Dayz,” and “La La La,” he shouldn’t have too much problem making new fans. It was a pleasure to have him stop by Engine Room Studios in Hollywood to rhyme about videogames over a Bruce Yi beat. The man knows his games and publishers, and spit a rapid fire, off the dome freestyle about ‘em just for you. In his interview, H.I.T.T.M.A.N. talks about the early days of the Los Anegeles rap scenes and how he met Dr. Dre. Turns out Dre was looking for a short, stocky Eazy-E type character that he could launch like he did Snoop Dogg with his previous landmark album, The Chronic, and N.W.A. before that.

<a href="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/34782" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/34782</a>

H.I.T.T.M.A.N.’s long-awaited self-titled debut album was just released and he’s hitting the road to take his music to the people

ehhhh?  :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:27:06 AM by Chad Vader »

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »
Thanks for the news.

And with bangers like “West Coast Sh*t,” “Last Dayz,” and “La La La,” he shouldn’t have too much problem making new fans.

Hope this is a mistake. All old tracks...

TRG

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2008, 02:58:33 AM »
i want to hear these H.IGHLY I.NTENSIVE tracks, right now.

zarotek

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »
YO I GOT TO TALK TO HITT ON NOVEMBER FIRST AT HIS SHOW AT THE GROVE IN ANAHIEM. HE SAYS HIS NEW ALBUM WILL BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY ON HALLOWEEN AND THE CD'S WILL BE AVAILABLE AT CDBABY.COM ON DECEMBER. HE PLAYED ME SOME OF THE TRACKS FROM HIS ALBUM BIG HITT RISING AND THEY WHERE DOPE AS F==K! HE HAS A BRAND NEW SOUND THATS UNBELIEVABLE MAN I WAS LIKE HECK YAAH!!!!!!!! HE GONNA SMASH ON THESE WESTCOAST CATS!  THE RHYMES ARE FOR REAL NOT LIKE ALL THE CRAP THATS BEEN POURING OUT LIKE SHXT FROM THE SEWER THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!! HITTMAN IS HERE YALL AND HE'S GONNA BLAST THESE DUMB MOTHAFKERS OUT THE WEST FOR SURE! THE BEATS ARE SICK AS FCK SUPER BANGERS ALL THE TRACKS EVEN THE INTRO IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    THE NEW WESTCOAST PRESIDENT IS HITTMAN  HE GOT MY VOTE FOR HIP HOP FINALLY NO MORE SILLY SHXT!   IT'S A GOOD THING HE LEFT AFTERMATH SHOOT HE MADE HIS MONEY AND STILL IS THATS WHY HE TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE HE IS SMART AND HE HAS BEEN STACKIN HIS CHIPS AND HE STARTED HIS OWN LABEL! HE LEARNED ALOT FROM THE GOOD DOCTOR, MAN HITTMAN BROKE IT DOWN TO ME AT HIS SHOW THE FLOODGATES HAVE OPENED!!!! THERE YOU GUYS GO A MINI HITTMAN INTERVIEW! P.S. HE ALSO TOLD ME SOME WILD NEWS BUT I AM NOT GOING TO SPOIL IT FOR HIM GO GET THE CD!       

TO ALL THE HATERS GOAHEAD AND HELP YO SELF TO A BIG BOWL OF NUT!!!!! HIP HOP IS HITTMAN!   &     BIG HITT RISING!!!!!!!!!! YOU BETTER ACKRITE!!!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8)