Author Topic: what are musts from the west this year?  (Read 854 times)

Lazar

Re: what are musts from the west this year?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »
Best records this year from the west IMO

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit
WC - Guilty By Affiliation
Snoop Dogg Presents The Big Squeeze
Kurupt & J. Wells - Digital Smoke
Terrace Martin - Signal Flow

Not a really good year for the west  :-\
I thought it was better than last year as far as the songs & albums comin' out but I know next year will be even better. 8)

Yeah, but last year you got "Doctorīs Advocate" (IMO the best west album since years) and "The Blue Carpet Treatment" (got some nice tracks on it). Let us pray that 08 will be a good year for the west...
^Yup, 08 will be even better. You got Dre with Detox, Warren G, Ice Cube, The Game, Butch Cassidy, Juice, Roccett, Topic, Glasses, Bishop, Jay Rock, K.Dot, Dogg Pound, Murs, Terrace Martin, Warzone, Westurn Union, all of those cats droppin' next year. The West can't lose unless either they get pushed back or no ads whatsoever. I would also say Crooked I but I don't know when that will actually drop.

You forgot about Snoop ;)

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2007, 12:06:27 PM »
That is why it is funny to me when people say the west coast fell off and I can name at least 5-10 dope underground albums per year that come out that most have narcalepsy on out here. It's like if it ain't gangsta rap or affiliated with it, it gets no spins. That is why it is cool to have outlets like Dubcnn promoting and supporting groups like PD, Murs, Convinced, Dirty Birdy, Lunch, etc. BTW, has anyone checked out Lunch's new album? I can't find that album anywhere in stores.
^LOL exactly. Yeah Lunch is dope. Same with Dirty Birdy, Dr. Stank, Sly Boogy, & 40 Glocc from the I.E., they got rhymes for days. But yeah I have two of Lunch's songs "They Don't Like Me" & "Get Em Girl" but I don't have that album either.

Yeah I have those too. I am going to hit him up on myspace and see if he is selling it online or something.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

I thought it was better than last year as far as the songs & albums comin' out but I know next year will be even better. 8)

Yeah, but last year you got "Doctorīs Advocate" (IMO the best west album since years) and "The Blue Carpet Treatment" (got some nice tracks on it). Let us pray that 08 will be a good year for the west...
^Yup, 08 will be even better. You got Dre with Detox, Warren G, Ice Cube, The Game, Butch Cassidy, Juice, Roccett, Topic, Glasses, Bishop, Jay Rock, K.Dot, Dogg Pound, Murs, Terrace Martin, Warzone, Westurn Union, all of those cats droppin' next year. The West can't lose unless either they get pushed back or no ads whatsoever. I would also say Crooked I but I don't know when that will actually drop.

^Yeah Snoop too. I just hope the rest of the album isn't on a "Sexual Eruption" type vibe. I mean, "Sexual Eruption" is cool but I was expecting the singles to be something more like TBCT.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »
That is why it is funny to me when people say the west coast fell off and I can name at least 5-10 dope underground albums per year that come out that most have narcalepsy on out here. It's like if it ain't gangsta rap or affiliated with it, it gets no spins. That is why it is cool to have outlets like Dubcnn promoting and supporting groups like PD, Murs, Convinced, Dirty Birdy, Lunch, etc. BTW, has anyone checked out Lunch's new album? I can't find that album anywhere in stores.
^LOL exactly. Yeah Lunch is dope. Same with Dirty Birdy, Dr. Stank, Sly Boogy, & 40 Glocc from the I.E., they got rhymes for days. But yeah I have two of Lunch's songs "They Don't Like Me" & "Get Em Girl" but I don't have that album either.

Yeah I have those too. I am going to hit him up on myspace and see if he is selling it online or something.
Good looking out homie. Clinton Wayne is another tight rapper, he gets MAD slept on but he can rhyme his ass off. 8)

d-nice

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »

Good looking out homie. Clinton Wayne is another tight rapper, he gets MAD slept on but he can rhyme his ass off. 8)

Yeah he is dope also.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »

Yeah he is dope also.
^Word. It seems like we worry a lot about Crooked I's album but Sly Boogy is kinda in the same position too. Has he released another single after "Keep On" with Crooked & Kam?

d-nice

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »

Yeah he is dope also.
^Word. It seems like we worry a lot about Crooked I's album but Sly Boogy is kinda in the same position too. Has he released another single after "Keep On" with Crooked & Kam?

I haven't heard anything from him since then. I know he left J Records but I have not heard anything about a new deal or album at all.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »

Yeah he is dope also.

I haven't heard anything from him since then. I know he left J Records but I have not heard anything about a new deal or album at all.
^Damn that's a shame because he's just as tight as Crooked I, if not better, at times. But judging from the singles that have been released so far, it seems like Ice Cube is gonna have a hella strong album just off of the "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" single. Both him & WC have been dropping hot lava albums since '06. 8)

d-nice

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »
Yeah Ice Cube is doing it big right now. No label politics, no delays. Just drops a album when he wants to. That new single is CRAZY.

Lazar

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

^Yeah Snoop too. I just hope the rest of the album isn't on a "Sexual Eruption" type vibe. I mean, "Sexual Eruption" is cool but I was expecting the singles to be something more like TBCT.

Yeah, I hope so too. "Sexual Eruption" grown on me and I think itīs a good lead single to sell records, but I finally wanna hear some classic Snoop Doggy Dogg shit like back in the day or at least some G-Funkish vibe like that "Crazy" cut from "TBCT". I think Snoop will put out a good album. Maybe not the best of 08, but definitely something special and fresh
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:54:32 PM by Lazar »

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 12:55:41 PM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

Yeah, I hope so too. "Sexual Eruption" grown on me and I think itīs a good lead single to sell records, but I finally wanna hear some classic Snoop Doggy Dogg shit like back in the day or at least some G-Funkish vibe like that "Crazy" cut from "TBCT". I think Snoop will put out a good album. Maybe not the best of 08, but definitely something special and fresh
No doubt, it should be cool. Plus he won't have any guests on it so it'll just be him rappin' like on most of Doggystyle. 8)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2007, 12:57:06 PM »
Yeah Ice Cube is doing it big right now. No label politics, no delays. Just drops a album when he wants to. That new single is CRAZY.
That's the crazy thing, both him & WC are independent & they're still able to get radio play & ads in magazines and all that. But it's a shame Mack 10 & them don't talk & do music together no more. It must be on some real personal shit.

Lazar

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

No doubt, it should be cool. Plus he won't have any guests on it so it'll just be him rappin' like on most of Doggystyle. 8)

But I hope he will have a track with Nate on the hook or at least use some samples for the chorus

d-nice

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
That's the crazy thing, both him & WC are independent & they're still able to get radio play & ads in magazines and all that. But it's a shame Mack 10 & them don't talk & do music together no more. It must be on some real personal shit.

Yeah I still don't know what the deal is on that. I have a feeling even without Mack 10 we might get another WSC album. Either with the 2 of them or a mystery 3rd member. Maybe it's a pipe dream I don't know.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »
Everybody should check out Mr. J Medeiros' album Of Gods and Girls.  Great music, great lyrics, etc.