Author Topic: Wu_Tang_Clan_-_8_Diagrams-Retail-2007  (Read 5583 times)

daggo

• 'G'
Re: Wu_Tang_Clan_-_8_Diagrams-Retail-2007
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2007, 07:58:47 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that other than Campfire, all the beats sound boring as hell ?
after 2 listens, co-sign :-\

Efrain

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »
When I first heard the leaks I thought the whole album would sound like "Watch Your Mouth" and "Weak Spot".. essentially an album in the vain of 36 chambers and Forever, which both those two songs sound like relics from or even actual leftovers from. So from that I was real excited to get some rehashed classic Wu. I've given up on any new incarnations of the "Wu Sound" over the years because it sounded to disjointed and irrelevant, so I figured they just took it back to basics for this project. Even though they did sprinkle some vintage formula Wu on us (see "Weak Spot", "Life Changes", "Sunlight" and "Watch Your Mouth"---had it been on the album) I think the majority of the albums sound is something different and unique, while still Wu. So I appreciate it. I do think Rza walked a fine line here though, tracks like "Heart Gently Weeps" sound absolutely nothing like Wu-Tang, in a bad way, but I got to give Rza credit a lot of people who aren't Wu fans really dig that song so I guess he does know what he's doing.               

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
Anybody know what martial art flix that was used in the beginning of  the campfire?

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »
Anybody know what martial art flix that was used in the beginning of  the campfire?
i belive its the 8 diagram pole fighter... RZA said he was gonna use that flick alot on this album hence the name of the album

Al Bundy

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2007, 12:57:16 PM »
so should this be purchased?

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »
When I first heard the leaks I thought the whole album would sound like "Watch Your Mouth" and "Weak Spot".. essentially an album in the vain of 36 chambers and Forever, which both those two songs sound like relics from or even actual leftovers from. So from that I was real excited to get some rehashed classic Wu. I've given up on any new incarnations of the "Wu Sound" over the years because it sounded to disjointed and irrelevant, so I figured they just took it back to basics for this project. Even though they did sprinkle some vintage formula Wu on us (see "Weak Spot", "Life Changes", "Sunlight" and "Watch Your Mouth"---had it been on the album) I think the majority of the albums sound is something different and unique, while still Wu. So I appreciate it. I do think Rza walked a fine line here though, tracks like "Heart Gently Weeps" sound absolutely nothing like Wu-Tang, in a bad way, but I got to give Rza credit a lot of people who aren't Wu fans really dig that song so I guess he does know what he's doing.               
I think the production is sick, you bang this on a good system and you'll notice so many elements to the song. RZA has truely evolved. If Dre can switch his style from The Chronic to 2001, why cant RZA. And I appreciate it more after hearing a recent interview where he said at this point in his career he's been to so many places and has experienced so many cultures that he wanted to make music for a wider variety of people on this album instead of catering to one type. He talked about how Rae was mad at him because he wanted straight "hit em in the head music", but RZA said they already got that wrapped up with Cuban Linx 2, so spread it out more with 8 Diagrams
http://realtalkny.rawkus.com/2007/11/topic/topic/videos/rza-addresses-raekwon-rumours/

OchoCinco

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
hook up

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
boring ass album, and you can't call me a hater i own more than 30 wu albums. Maybe it will grow on me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2007, 02:41:48 PM »
boring ass album, and you can't call me a hater i own more than 30 wu albums. Maybe it will grow on me

DO NOT SPEAK THE WU TANG NAME IN VAIN!!!...it's a sin :laugh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007, 05:14:38 PM »
so should this be purchased?

Yeah man, it's the Wu.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
i belive its the 8 diagram pole fighter... RZA said he was gonna use that flick alot on this album hence the name of the album
thanks check out the flix now

StevenQBosell

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »
Production is sick, you bang this on a good system and you'll notice so many elements to the song. RZA has truely evolved. If Dre can switch his style from The Chronic to 2001, why cant RZA.

Excellent point, a nice evoloution from those irritatating ass keyboard beats he's been doing on his last couple solo records

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2007, 05:42:09 AM »
Production is sick, you bang this on a good system and you'll notice so many elements to the song. RZA has truely evolved. If Dre can switch his style from The Chronic to 2001, why cant RZA.

Excellent point, a nice evoloution from those irritatating ass keyboard beats he's been doing on his last couple solo records

yeah that's a good point

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2007, 07:09:18 AM »
I'm really diggin' this shit.gon buy it fo sho.To me it's better than W and of course Iron Flag but obviously not on pair with 36 Chambers and Forever.

It's Chica-I-go for