Author Topic: Is there any good European gangsta Rap??  (Read 2591 times)

Ne@p

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I`m a bad muthafucka
Re: Is there any good European gangsta Rap??
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2001, 10:44:02 AM »
Here in Norway we got wack ass bitch rappers(Diaz,Tommy Tee,ah fuck it)all of the norweigian shit sux.Nobody reps gangsta exept me.I be rollin down my street smokin indo,sippin on Hen & Juice.
                                                        LOL!
To my Swedish cat`s:Svinesund er best folkens,mye bra snus pørr og cigaretter;)
   <<Ne@p>>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Ne@p

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I`m a bad muthafucka
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2001, 10:45:56 AM »
Hehe Overseer I was in Bristol last year,we stayed at the Swallow Hotell(ha swallow).

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2001, 10:55:57 AM »
we got a tight uk hiphop scene it just doesn't get heard much but its changing but i'll drop some names of ppl most of y'all will of heard of Slick Rick is from the uk i know y'all heard of him. production wise Adam F he got that joint with MOP and did some work on redmans album check y2hiphop.com cos they did an update on what hes been up2 recently as he was on westwood this saturday, he did origionate from the drum n bass scene but evolved into hiphop i have 2 say i luv his work from what i heard. and ppl less likly 2 of heard of....
task force > download wah blow...beats jacked but i luv that song
creators dropped dope shit they've worked with the likes of mos def in the past
mark b n blade - the unknown is a tight album
skinny man - tight mc
ice berg slimm > our attempt of a uk rapper to go comercial he dropped a single last summer n did a damge remix then dissappeared but apparently hes been workin on his album but really it won't b worth checkin
there more but 2 b honest i don't know alot about ukhiphop but i like 2 listen to primecuts wen hes on radio1 n the chubby kids on kiss100 its dope but needs exposure, they don't try to be gangsta they are what they are they got their on style and its uk hiphop baby, one

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2001, 11:15:12 AM »
not really that related but... i think is funny is how much ppl smoke over here virtually every1 i know has smoked weed i even know teacher who have n shit like that i thaught it was quite funny what outkast said in a recent interview....
Have you had any surprises here, anything different from what you expected in the UK?

Andre: "There's a lot of smoke, when you perform in the clubs the air is really thick, because everybody smokes, everybody... In the airport, like, as soon as you get off the plane. Oh! Oh! (coughs) You know, it's tough." , it's tough."

although most of that is probably talkin bout ciggerettes, seriously ppl smoke too much here the official figures are 53 % of britains have admitted to doing weed but i wouldn't be surprised if the real figure is more like 70%.
one of my friends got in the local paper not so long ago becoz he was caught carrying 5 oz of puff AND HE BLAGGED IT AS PERSONAL  USE!!!!!!!!he was with 2 other ppl but he was carryin n they were searched because they were suspected of stealin car sterios n they all said they got thru 5 ounces a week together and he was only given 20 hours of comunity service which he has neva had 2 do yet and the other 2 got nuthin but whats funny is that he deals alot more now

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

TheSheriff

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2001, 12:34:02 PM »
Yeah, UK Hip-Hop's tight..I've talked to Blade, talked to Westwood(fuck him, whatever the contributions he gave), met Rod P...Met Skinny once...met Lewis Parker...

Don Seer

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2001, 12:36:48 PM »
i think westwood did a lot 8/10 years ago.. but now he doesn't seem to be as active

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2001, 12:38:39 PM »
LOL - don't forget he was shot in that drive-by 2 years ago

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2001, 12:47:02 PM »
u gotta give it up westwood is a poineer hes been doing his thing 4 18 years!!!! i read somewhere russel simmons calls him the grand daddy of hiphop and westwood was probably responsible 4 def jam settin up over here

i remember wen westwood got shot some bloke on a motor bike

TheSheriff

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2001, 12:52:06 PM »
I ain't sayin he deserves no respect, he does, but I don't like givin it. I've talked to him like 6 times...And I do NOT like that man...Not anymore, anyway...

He got shot two years ago, got barracked at a festival last year...Funny shit.

Shit, in terms of respect, he runs Justice Records, basically controls Tha Island Records/Def Jam UK...He is, easily, the most powerful public face of UK hip hop.

But he's been lax. I want the old Westwood back.

Lewis Parker all the way though guys...:)

Anyways, throw it up for the DK! *is a veteran of Jutland and Copenhagen* Remember those messed up gangfights in the CNH like three years ago, G12?

Gaw, they were nasty. I used to live in Denmark...Nice place, except for a few VERY specific places...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2001, 08:37:39 PM »
Eminem never claimed gangsta Rap....He isn't even close to gangsta Rap...where did u get that from bro?

RapAce

• 'G'
  • R.A
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2001, 11:14:13 PM »
Hey " Eminem never claimed gangsta Rap....He isn't even close to gangsta Rap...where did u get that from bro? "

I got that from him on an interview,he alwayz says " ooh, I'm feeling reely G' right now"
He was also mad bout Will Smith dissing his
" Gangsta Rap " That's where I got it from....

"Born a man, Died a legend"
2pac r.i.p

RapAce

• 'G'
  • R.A
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2001, 01:09:48 AM »
:( I never knew that Joachim  :-/ ...But like it's worser in tha states, fuck man, So then there might be some gangsta rappaz that come from European getto's  :)

"Born a man, Died a legend"
2pac r.i.p

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. ..&quot;Lifes a bitch and then you die&quot;...
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2001, 01:17:49 AM »
ijma lay it down like this...westwood is my man...ive known him for years, and he has made a HUGE contribution to uk hip hop.

did you know that EVERY time he plays a uk record on raDIO 1 (EXCEPT MARK B AND BLADE) he risks getting fined cos their not on his playlist?

he is the cat responsible for kiss fm over here, he pioneered mtv base and brought hip hop to nottinghill carnival, and he has took bullets for uk hip hop ....the only reason he got shot is cos some cats dont like a whiteboy doing his thing but he still kept doin it regardless.

personally, i think hes an annoying person to be around and maybe hes a bit suspect for only playing the worst uk hip hop (the shit that sounds most american) but he deserves props for whjat he has done in the past.

as far as uk hip hop is concerned....

task force are dope...

psycreate's boy's group aspects are fucking illmatic

but basically if youre interested in the uk scene then got to the websites of-

bad magic records
wordplay records
big dada records

and cop as many lp's as u can, you will not be dissapointed...
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

2Face

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2001, 01:21:26 AM »
American HipHop sounds the best though.
UK Rap is good but the best you find in America.
I think the dopest is Wu-Tang, how many members have they got anyway???

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. ..&quot;Lifes a bitch and then you die&quot;...
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2001, 01:30:03 AM »
they started with 9 official  members

who were - u god, method man, inspektah deck, rza, gza, masta killa, ghostface killah, ol dirty bastard, raekwon the chef

for the second album they added a new official member named cappadonna (cappa IS an official member y'all)

but there are literally hundreds of members who arent in the ACTUAL group...

just to name a few...

allah mathematics, remedy, killarmy, sonz of man, black knights of the north star, poppa wu, street life, shyheim, wu syndicate, AIG, etc etc etc
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"