Author Topic: YESSS!! 11.25 DJ Drama - Gangsta Grillz (The Album) *GROUPRIP/2007/MULTI-LINKS*  (Read 735 times)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
can i get a hook-up :D ??  8)

Lil D

d/l right now, but i have this feeling its garbage

Lil D

^^13 tracks in so far and very wack, the outcast track is nice tho

Lunatic

got cha:
relentless
d-nice
ray allen
es-jay
the general
dobbies
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

whiteboy30

• Lil Geezy
  • Straight Ballin
Hook it up plz...

Lunatic

smegma

^^13 tracks in so far and very wack, the outcast track is nice tho

Almost the whole album is very wack... Cannon Remix has a dope beat. Where did I hear it before? The Outkast joint is dope and the 187 joint is alright too. I expected more from that track though... I mean, you got 8Ball & MJG, B.G. and Project Pat... that should have been a classic joint! The last song on the album is nice too.

Did anyone listen to the Outro? wtf is wrong with Drama? I guess he didn't learn shit in jail.

Lil D

^^yup its safe to say this is hot garbage, actually i just deleted this shit

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is really wack, I hate to say it, but even Khaled's album is better.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Nah this is a bad album.. Only WHOLE song I liked was that OutKast track - and it ain't THAT good either.
Who the fuck is this Willie the kid kid? He gets too many verses.. fuck that.
And what's up with two intros ? damn.

A couple of good verses here and there, and that Cannon beat is a monster, but nothing more.
I've only listened once, but I doubt that I'll listen again.

And yes, Timbo, Khaled's album is better!

kemizt

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Can someone hook it up?
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

A-Zee

• Lil Geezy
Hook it up!!

Lunatic

got cha hydro & zee

i'll be droppin a lil review shortly..after 1 listen it exceeded my expectations..will see wut happens after a few more

Lunatic

review:

1. setup - DOPE intro..drama couldn't of picked a better one lol...good way 2 fire back at the feds

2. intro - cool little "hype" intro. i know when i listened to it, it got me really into the experience of listening 2 the album. that was the goal.

3. takin pictures - SICK ass beat. SICK ass hook. jeezy verse was cool, willie the kid KILLED it. jim jones was pretty good (surprisingly). rick ross was pretty fuckin wack lol. Young Buck was NICE. T.I. dropped a DOPE verse as well, 2 bad a short verse. Drama talkin was funny 2 at the end lol. "what u want me 2 smile for the camera"? - 4.75/5

4. keep it gangsta - sick beat. hella good hook as well. yo gotti was good. webbie was cool, boozie was tolerable lol. - 3.75/5

5. cannon remix - glad they remixed it, old version been around for a while. sick beat & cool hook. wayne was cool, couple good lines, few bad ones. willie the kid was good, better than wayne. freeway was nice with the flow, iight with the lyrics. T.I. sounded SICK on this. I like when he angry on the track lol. Flow was iight, lyrically he WRECKED it. best verse on the song hands down. - 4.5/5

6. makin money, smokin - beat was nice. hook was good as well. la the darkman was iight, nothin special. willie the kid was pretty dope, better than la the darkman (sad considering darkman been around for a while as i learned the other day lol). alright song. - 3.25/5

7. 5000 ones - real catchy hook & amazing beat by jazze. nelly was nice on the hook & loved how it goes from screwed 2 a normal tone. good choice for a single. T.I. wrecked this shit, his flow was UNREAL, best verse on the track. yung joc was simple as fuck as usual. considering his last album FLOP BAD, no point in puttin em on this. Willie the kid killed it, 2nd best on the song easily. this boy got talent man, can't wait 2 hear more from em. jeezy was "meh", better than joc tho. twista was dope on it. could of done without diddy lol. - 4.5/5

8. Art Of Story Telling 4 - cool beat. good song 2 not have a "busy" beat on it. 3-Stacks WRECKKKKED IT, he is easily 1 of the best rappers EVER when he actually raps lol. ridiculous. marsha was sick on the hook, always loved her. big boi was nice as well on it. - 5/5

9. katt williams skit - LOL. dude is sooo funny. i usually hate skits, but this 1 is jokes haha

10. 187 - beat is pretty damn sick. b.g do his thing on the hook for sure, which he spit a verse tho. project was NICE on it, always liked what i heard from dude. sick voice & flow. just sick. 8ball was sick on it as well, same story as project pat. MJG killed it as well. All 3 MC's came 100% correct with the lyrics & flow. I expected somethin on a another level from these 4 & it met my expectations. - 5/5

11. the mad dj skit - lol had it's moments. not really needed though, especially since #9 was a skit.

12. beneath the diamonds - SICK beat from mr. porter (as usual). Twista was real, real cool on this. Lovin the beat WOW. SICK hook from mr. porter as well, dude is criminally under-rated in every category (rap, producing, singing). la the darkman was cool, far from special tho. devin the dude is also criminally under-rated. dude is so unique, in a good way 2. not ur typical song u'd see on a DJ album, glad it is tho. - 4.25/5

13. talk bout me -  dope beat from hi-tek as usual, got his signature sound all over this. buck was pretty damn good. SICK ass hook as well, buck did his thing on it. gunit soundin nice ova these tek beats. banks was pretty sick on it, he wreckin these tek beats. best verse on the song. yayo was very average, WEAK considering buck & banks brought their a-games. - 4/5

14. no more - nice beat for sure. willie the kid once again was nice on this shit. nice 2 hear em spit with some substance as well, cuz he usually kills his other verses. that line bout a funeral or court date was SICK. lloyd is amazing, great singer. also a lil under-rated in my books. use 2 hate his voice at 1st, really grown on me lol. T.I. was sick as fuck on this. he always dope when spittin some real shit, he don't do it enuff any more. - 4.75/5

15. diddy skit - cool touch. more DJ's should do this on their albums, not 2 much though.

16. throw ya sets up - good beat & hook. LA the darkman was pretty SICK on this (bout time). willie the kid was pretty damn good on this well, he shines throughout the entire album. Jada wrecked this as well, sounded real good on it. lyrically on point big time. know why the fuck u'd get 3 sick verses from 3 good mc's and then say "im'a throw joc on this" i ain't 2 sure lol. he was actually cool on it tho. - 4.5/5

17. aye - great the runners beat, they stay droppin gems. hook is pretty cool. Dro was nice on it (both verses), can't wait for that sophomore LP. he could of been a bit better tho. Kuntry was iight on it, kinda simple tho. - 3.75/5

18. grillz gleamin - cool kells sample (believe it's him lol). pretty good beat. bo-hagon was so wack, it's crazy lol. flow was annoying a as fuck, lyrics was wayyy 2 simple. princess was pretty damn good lol, sick flow for sure. scrappy flow was "meh". that "diamonds on my dick" line was sick along with the paul wall one. 2 bad his verse was so short. diamond flow was nice as well (the 2 girls flowed wayy better than the guys lol). could of been better if bo-hagon was at least alright. - 3/5

19. gettin money - beat is iight. paul wall was tolerable, hook is catchy. keke was iight, expect better from him. slim thug was iight as well. kyleon was cool. nobody stood out at all. - 2.75/5

20. outro - funny outro lol. just as good as the intro. good job drama, stick it 2 em :D

21. cheers - beat is kinda disappointing for neptunes. pharrell spit nice for sure. pusha t was pretty sick, malice was a bit better. the clipse are also criminally under-rated for the most part. - 4/5

overall: 8.2/10

i don't think there's a chance in HELL that khaled album was better than this :o
what this album did that no other DJ album has done in a LONG ASS TIME, was actually flow well together LIKE AN ALBUM SHOULD. hard to achieve with a compilation LP, but this one did.
i guess opinions vary.