Author Topic: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM  (Read 1951 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Here is part 2... Later on, I will have the Raptalk Bonus Q & A up. Those are the questions and answers that did not make the final cut of the XXL interview (only because of length).

Link: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=16590

Please also drop comments in their comment section in support of Bishop Lamont, The West Coast.... and me!  8)

Thank You,

Styles
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:31:14 AM »
+1 Styles, great interview. im looking forward to 1st Quater next year. Also, "Feel On It" (Remix)? are you gon premiere that?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »
When Bishop gets back from the Bahamas, I am going to talk to him about the Feel On It Remix.. and see where it's at.. :)

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »
So Dre is on the remix , that's cool  8)... Props Styles dope interview .. I guess the Q about Detox will be on Raptalk right ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:44:41 AM by wcsoldier »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
We'll find out who "Hell Yeah" is.... lol.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »
Much props, homie! Tell Bishop "Ameen" said wassup  ;)

~Lucien~

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »
good shit styles!
nice read

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »
So Dre is on the remix , that's cool  8)... Props Styles dope interview .. I guess the Q about Detox will be on Raptalk right ?

He meant the remix? 'Cause it kinda seemed like he was talking about a seperate song (w/ Dre).

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »

He meant the remix? 'Cause it kinda seemed like he was talking about a seperate song (w/ Dre).

Yeah, I think he meant it that way.

Dope interview, he doesn't seem to confident about a 1st quarter release though  :-\

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

Dope interview, he doesn't seem to confident about a 1st quarter release though  :-\

I don't see how that'll happen... I mean Eve, Stat & Em are suppose to drop before him. And that's only Aftermath... I'm not even counting g-unit.

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

yeah my bad ... I guess he's talking about "I dominate" then

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »

yeah my bad ... I guess he's talking about "I dominate" then

Or he could be talking about a song that Dre is actually featured on. I guess time will tell...

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

I don't see how that'll happen... I mean Eve, Stat & Em are suppose to drop before him. And that's only Aftermath... I'm not even counting g-unit.
Eve is on Geffen , Stat ain't dropping and Em won't drop before 09 ... G Unit 1st Quarter , Bishop September .. Detox December you'll see ..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
The Detox questions are pretty much done with... You can only get so much info out of those questions right now...

The Raptalk Q & A is about other cool stuff that we got to talk about. I also noticed that the XXL editors left out a few minor things from Part 2. So I will add that in later when I get home today.   

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 11:43:42 AM »
thanks for part 2  :)

looking forward to listening to that Bishop & Dre song.
Obviously you had a lot of freedom to make whatever you wanted to make on this mixtape, but is there going to be a tug-of-war with Interscope over the kind of music on your album?
That’s the beauty of working with Dre. It’s about making the freshest shit. Dre doesn’t care about the radio. He told me, “I’ve never made a record on purpose just to be on the radio.” Every time it has worked. So that’s never been a concern of mine. My concern is to be able to present and bring the best quality of music that I can. To come up with the best concepts and make them to be dope ass records. Then from there it’s up to Interscope to deal with the rest of the bullshit [laughs]. You know, the videos, Access Granted and so forth. But as long as the people receive the music adequately and correctly, that’s the concern. I don’t give a fuck about the rest of the shit. I don’t care about who’s the King of this or that. I don’t give a fuck about that. You will be able to look back one day at the body of my work and see what I stand for. I’m really about unity. I’m really about the hip-hop movement. I’m really about all of this shit that a lot of niggas pretend to be about. I’m already on my way to being as rich as a muthafucka regardless, so it’s not about money [laughs]. It isn’t about wealth. The wealth is what we put into the music and who it inspires, who it helps get through the bullshit that they are going through and the next niggas that you bring in to the game. That’s what Caltroit was about. Detroit is like a second home to me, the flyest niggas in the world. And there’s so many dope-ass West Coast niggas, so we brought them all together. It makes the hip-hop movement so much more powerful.
Any thoughts on the delays that have happened to some Aftermath albums?
Delays do happen, but if fans could ever have a window to look in and see, they would understand that Dre works. He wants it to be the best. He’s not going to tolerate anything except the best. You don’t understand the time that he will put in on just doing the mixes or laying the vocals. Then possibly relaying vocals and then relaying vocals again.
good questions; i was hoping that Bishop would give a different answer though. it seems like he's living in a fantasy world, thinking that dre can always fix it with interscope.
Bishop also said "Every time it has worked"; but that's not true, i guess he should recheck aftermath's history with interscope.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:47:08 AM by Dre-Day »