Author Topic: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM  (Read 1950 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »
He was referring to Dre's formula for the "radio"... Meaning that he doesn't make songs specifically for radio, yet they have picked up on many of his songs. Some people go in to the studio and make a song with specifically the radio in mind. Bishop is just saying to make whatever is dope... instead of following a formula. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »
thanks a lot styles
dope read agian 8)
can't wait for the exclusive on ur site as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »
If you mean my friend Junior's site Raptalk, then yes... It's already up! My site doesn't exist yet...lol.

I still have more to add to the Raptalk feature... because I noticed that a few things were missing from Part 2...

http://www.raptalk.net/news/features/BishopLamontPart12InterviewWithXXLMag.comPlusAddit.php

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
So Dre is on the remix , that's cool  8)... Props Styles dope interview .. I guess the Q about Detox will be on Raptalk right ?

He meant the remix? 'Cause it kinda seemed like he was talking about a seperate song (w/ Dre).

Dope interview, he doesn't seem to confident about a 1st quarter release though  :-\

I don't see how that'll happen... I mean Eve, Stat & Em are suppose to drop before him. And that's only Aftermath... I'm not even counting g-unit.
Eve is on Geffen , Stat ain't dropping and Em won't drop before 09 ... G Unit 1st Quarter , Bishop September .. Detox December you'll see ..

Geffen is handling the distribution and marketing along with Interscope. But she is still signed to Aftermath. As far as what Interscope and Bishop himself told me... Stat is dropping... and Em is DEFINATELY coming in the first half of next year. These are things I've been told from people on the inside in addition to what's been said in interviews from the actual artists surrounding those projects.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 12:07:21 PM »
He was referring to Dre's formula for the "radio"... Meaning that he doesn't make songs specifically for radio, yet they have picked up on many of his songs. Some people go in to the studio and make a song with specifically the radio in mind. Bishop is just saying to make whatever is dope... instead of following a formula. 
yeah i understood what he said, i was just hoping he would give a different answer.

anyway, Dre may not be concerned with the radio, Interscope is, however.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »
yeah i understood what he said, i was just hoping he would give a different answer.

anyway, Dre may not be concerned with the radio, Interscope is, however.

They brought Dre in because of his unbelievable track-record... let's see if they trust it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
They brought Dre in because of his unbelievable track-record... let's see if they trust it.
yeah we'll see. Interscope can be a bitch sometimes; even Eminem rapped about it on The way i am  ;)

Nice,interview. But I´m still hoping that someone would ask these questions....
Any last minute questions for BISHOP LAMONT?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158063.0
But here´s a couple of questions;
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
does this include Graffiti and Breaking? (Elaborate,if yes)
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that you´re a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.
Is this something you will use more in your lyrics? Maybe doing a tribute?
-Will your album have a more "commercial" appeal than your street albums,
or will Dre allow you to do the same style as you did on Nxgger Noize?

well that last question looks similar to the one from Styles;as i've said before, i was hoping that Bishop would give a different answer.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:14:38 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that you´re a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 01:11:44 PM »
Right now Stat Quo is fucking things up. I'm sure his album is dope, judgind by the guest features, production list and reviews it's a great album. BUT you have to ask yourself if he is doing anything to put his name out there ? Is he griding, hustling, doing interviews, radios, mixtapes... ? No. So far he hasn't done shit. If he couldn't push Here We Go, how the hell will he push anything else. Of course, Interscope is to blame, but it's the same shit with every artists, even 50 gotta push the project himself.

And now, I bet that the 4th quarter was reserved for Statlanta, but Here We Go flopped. If anything he could release it in January but no, again, he ain't doing shit. It is too early for a January release form Bishop, since he's putting out 4 mixtapes in December and January, he needs to create hype around that. So, late March would be great for Bishop. I can also see Em jumping in front of the line but that's normal. But Stat Quo ? They need to drop him, because right now, he's fucking up the schedule.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »

I asked him about Star Wars... he said that Vader rules and that Luke can kiss his ass... kidding.  8)

That last question was asked, but in a different manner...

Chad Vader

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »

I asked him about Star Wars... he said that Vader rules and that Luke can kiss his ass... kidding.  8)

Ha,ha nah.... I´m just asking since he always talk about Star Wars in interviews and in his songs  :laugh:
+ that in the interview with Eddie (video) he even brought up the
Chad Vader´s Chocolate Rain video...  :laugh: :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel</a>

So now I´m expecting a Chocolate Rain track from Bishop  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....and the Graffiti and Breaking part is another obvious question since this seems to important for him to represent.  ;)

That last question was asked, but in a different manner...

:) :) :) :) :)
I noticed that,I just copied and pasted my questions from Eddie´s thread.  ;)
I´m still worried,but if Reformation is some bullshit pop ass album,
I can´t really complain since he has already given us some dope street albums.  :D

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 02:26:04 PM »
I will remember that for next time.... May the force be with you. lol...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
G.R.I.T.S. is indeed a fly ass joint. Like I said, the music is not the problem for me, I was sceptical at first but dude got passion. The reason why I'm like "fuck him" because he's not doing anything to get his project released. And because of that, other artists keep getting pushed back, since Dre wants to put out a South rapper.

Chad Vader

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
G.R.I.T.S. is indeed a fly ass joint.
Like I said, the music is not the problem for me,
I was sceptical at first but dude got passion but I'm like "fuck him" because he's not doing anything to get his project released.
And because of that other artists keep getting pushed back, since Dre wants to put out a South rapper.

I don´t think the "South" rapper is a issue,more that he got a dope voice and impressed Dre how he killed those "future" tracks.
What pushbacks?
I couldn´t care less about another Em or 50 album,I rather see him work with some "new" talent,
Em and 50 have already worked with Dre,let them do their own thing and move on.
I´m sure Dre got some new cats that we have yet to hear about,let Dae One,Focus,Khalil,Hi-Tek etc. take some of the load of Dre.
I hope that Bishop get some artistic freedom for his new label under Dre,
it would dope to see a Taje album produced by Dae One that´s overseen by Dre.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
I mean everybody with pushbacks: from Em to 50, to Bishop, Raekwon, Marsha, Busta....