Author Topic: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM  (Read 910 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »
Here is part 2... Later on, I will have the Raptalk Bonus Q & A up. Those are the questions and answers that did not make the final cut of the XXL interview (only because of length).

Link: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=16590

Please also drop comments in their comment section in support of Bishop Lamont, The West Coast.... and me!  8)

Thank You,

Styles
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Part 2 Interview with Bishop Lamont Now Up At XXLMAG.COM
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »
+1 Styles, great interview. im looking forward to 1st Quater next year. Also, "Feel On It" (Remix)? are you gon premiere that?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »
When Bishop gets back from the Bahamas, I am going to talk to him about the Feel On It Remix.. and see where it's at.. :)

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »
So Dre is on the remix , that's cool  8)... Props Styles dope interview .. I guess the Q about Detox will be on Raptalk right ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:44:41 AM by wcsoldier »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »
We'll find out who "Hell Yeah" is.... lol.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
Much props, homie! Tell Bishop "Ameen" said wassup  ;)

~Lucien~

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
good shit styles!
nice read

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
So Dre is on the remix , that's cool  8)... Props Styles dope interview .. I guess the Q about Detox will be on Raptalk right ?

He meant the remix? 'Cause it kinda seemed like he was talking about a seperate song (w/ Dre).

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »

He meant the remix? 'Cause it kinda seemed like he was talking about a seperate song (w/ Dre).

Yeah, I think he meant it that way.

Dope interview, he doesn't seem to confident about a 1st quarter release though  :-\

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »

Dope interview, he doesn't seem to confident about a 1st quarter release though  :-\

I don't see how that'll happen... I mean Eve, Stat & Em are suppose to drop before him. And that's only Aftermath... I'm not even counting g-unit.

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »

yeah my bad ... I guess he's talking about "I dominate" then

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »

yeah my bad ... I guess he's talking about "I dominate" then

Or he could be talking about a song that Dre is actually featured on. I guess time will tell...

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »

I don't see how that'll happen... I mean Eve, Stat & Em are suppose to drop before him. And that's only Aftermath... I'm not even counting g-unit.
Eve is on Geffen , Stat ain't dropping and Em won't drop before 09 ... G Unit 1st Quarter , Bishop September .. Detox December you'll see ..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
The Detox questions are pretty much done with... You can only get so much info out of those questions right now...

The Raptalk Q & A is about other cool stuff that we got to talk about. I also noticed that the XXL editors left out a few minor things from Part 2. So I will add that in later when I get home today.   

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
thanks for part 2  :)

looking forward to listening to that Bishop & Dre song.
Obviously you had a lot of freedom to make whatever you wanted to make on this mixtape, but is there going to be a tug-of-war with Interscope over the kind of music on your album?
Thatís the beauty of working with Dre. Itís about making the freshest shit. Dre doesnít care about the radio. He told me, ďIíve never made a record on purpose just to be on the radio.Ē Every time it has worked. So thatís never been a concern of mine. My concern is to be able to present and bring the best quality of music that I can. To come up with the best concepts and make them to be dope ass records. Then from there itís up to Interscope to deal with the rest of the bullshit [laughs]. You know, the videos, Access Granted and so forth. But as long as the people receive the music adequately and correctly, thatís the concern. I donít give a fuck about the rest of the shit. I donít care about whoís the King of this or that. I donít give a fuck about that. You will be able to look back one day at the body of my work and see what I stand for. Iím really about unity. Iím really about the hip-hop movement. Iím really about all of this shit that a lot of niggas pretend to be about. Iím already on my way to being as rich as a muthafucka regardless, so itís not about money [laughs]. It isnít about wealth. The wealth is what we put into the music and who it inspires, who it helps get through the bullshit that they are going through and the next niggas that you bring in to the game. Thatís what Caltroit was about. Detroit is like a second home to me, the flyest niggas in the world. And thereís so many dope-ass West Coast niggas, so we brought them all together. It makes the hip-hop movement so much more powerful.
Any thoughts on the delays that have happened to some Aftermath albums?
Delays do happen, but if fans could ever have a window to look in and see, they would understand that Dre works. He wants it to be the best. Heís not going to tolerate anything except the best. You donít understand the time that he will put in on just doing the mixes or laying the vocals. Then possibly relaying vocals and then relaying vocals again.
good questions; i was hoping that Bishop would give a different answer though. it seems like he's living in a fantasy world, thinking that dre can always fix it with interscope.
Bishop also said "Every time it has worked"; but that's not true, i guess he should recheck aftermath's history with interscope.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:47:08 PM by Dre-Day »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
He was referring to Dre's formula for the "radio"... Meaning that he doesn't make songs specifically for radio, yet they have picked up on many of his songs. Some people go in to the studio and make a song with specifically the radio in mind. Bishop is just saying to make whatever is dope... instead of following a formula. 

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »
thanks a lot styles
dope read agian 8)
can't wait for the exclusive on ur site as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »
If you mean my friend Junior's site Raptalk, then yes... It's already up! My site doesn't exist yet...lol.

I still have more to add to the Raptalk feature... because I noticed that a few things were missing from Part 2...

http://www.raptalk.net/news/features/BishopLamontPart12InterviewWithXXLMag.comPlusAddit.php

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »

Eve is on Geffen , Stat ain't dropping and Em won't drop before 09 ... G Unit 1st Quarter , Bishop September .. Detox December you'll see ..

Geffen is handling the distribution and marketing along with Interscope. But she is still signed to Aftermath. As far as what Interscope and Bishop himself told me... Stat is dropping... and Em is DEFINATELY coming in the first half of next year. These are things I've been told from people on the inside in addition to what's been said in interviews from the actual artists surrounding those projects.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
He was referring to Dre's formula for the "radio"... Meaning that he doesn't make songs specifically for radio, yet they have picked up on many of his songs. Some people go in to the studio and make a song with specifically the radio in mind. Bishop is just saying to make whatever is dope... instead of following a formula. 
yeah i understood what he said, i was just hoping he would give a different answer.

anyway, Dre may not be concerned with the radio, Interscope is, however.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 01:32:18 PM »
yeah i understood what he said, i was just hoping he would give a different answer.

anyway, Dre may not be concerned with the radio, Interscope is, however.

They brought Dre in because of his unbelievable track-record... let's see if they trust it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 01:35:55 PM »
They brought Dre in because of his unbelievable track-record... let's see if they trust it.
yeah we'll see. Interscope can be a bitch sometimes; even Eminem rapped about it on The way i am  ;)

Nice,interview. But Iīm still hoping that someone would ask these questions....
Any last minute questions for BISHOP LAMONT?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158063.0
But hereīs a couple of questions;
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
does this include Graffiti and Breaking? (Elaborate,if yes)
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that youīre a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.
Is this something you will use more in your lyrics? Maybe doing a tribute?
-Will your album have a more "commercial" appeal than your street albums,
or will Dre allow you to do the same style as you did on Nxgger Noize?

well that last question looks similar to the one from Styles;as i've said before, i was hoping that Bishop would give a different answer.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:14:38 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that youīre a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
Right now Stat Quo is fucking things up. I'm sure his album is dope, judgind by the guest features, production list and reviews it's a great album. BUT you have to ask yourself if he is doing anything to put his name out there ? Is he griding, hustling, doing interviews, radios, mixtapes... ? No. So far he hasn't done shit. If he couldn't push Here We Go, how the hell will he push anything else. Of course, Interscope is to blame, but it's the same shit with every artists, even 50 gotta push the project himself.

And now, I bet that the 4th quarter was reserved for Statlanta, but Here We Go flopped. If anything he could release it in January but no, again, he ain't doing shit. It is too early for a January release form Bishop, since he's putting out 4 mixtapes in December and January, he needs to create hype around that. So, late March would be great for Bishop. I can also see Em jumping in front of the line but that's normal. But Stat Quo ? They need to drop him, because right now, he's fucking up the schedule.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »

I asked him about Star Wars... he said that Vader rules and that Luke can kiss his ass... kidding.  8)

That last question was asked, but in a different manner...