Author Topic: Who Supports The "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement"?  (Read 3384 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Who Supports The "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement"?
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »
after reading that interview with stat quo, i'm more convinced than ever that Iovine is not the problem

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Chad Vader

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »
after reading that interview with stat quo, i'm more convinced than ever that Iovine is not the problem

-T

who then?
the stockholders?
sure,but iovine speaks for them. but as stat said,they want to see numbers asap. so off course em,50 and dre is priority. it's business.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2009, 02:55:08 PM »
don't you knock this movement T! :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2009, 12:31:14 AM »

-T

who then?
the stockholders?
sure,but iovine speaks for them. but as stat said,they want to see numbers asap. so off course em,50 and dre is priority. it's business.

we all know it's not just iovione.

but he has a lot of power, no one can deny that

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
stat seemed to indicate that it's Dre....at least as far as who holds up the release of the various artists on aftermath and its subsidiaries

-T

westcoastavengers.com

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
fuck jimmy
MUTHAFUCK JIMMY AND THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »
fuck jimmy
MUTHAFUCK JIMMY AND THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY
:laugh:

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 12:25:51 PM »
To all you hataz in power we say

(Fuck the Industry, Fuck the Industry)

Jack yo placks put'em down on ebay

(Fuck the Industry, Fuck the Industry)

And all you boogie ass chumps can't touch us

The industry is some punk mutha fuckers

You tell'em FTI when anybody ask ya

Fuck the industry, they the enemy

FUCK THA INDUSTRY
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chad Vader

« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »
stat seemed to indicate that it's Dre....at least as far as who holds up the release of the various artists on aftermath and its subsidiaries

-T

Dre is not that involved in business,he knows music. (he owns something like 20% now,correct me if I'm wrong)
As far as I can tell he got a good heart and loves to develop talent,but times has changed dramatically  :-[
Thanx to cats like you,that canīt spend 10 bucks on their favorite artists.
Let me repeat that,the industry is fucked because the fans can't spend 10 bucks on their favorite artists.  :-\ :-[ :'(

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2009, 07:25:15 PM »

-T

Dre is not that involved in business,he knows music. (he owns something like 20% now,correct me if I'm wrong)
As far as I can tell he got a good heart and loves to develop talent,but times has changed dramatically  :-[
Let me repeat that,the industry is fucked because the fans can't spend 10 bucks on their favorite artists.  :-\ :-[ :'(

Yes, downloading has hurt no doubt.  But execs who don't fundamentally understand music are calling the shots I think has hurt more than anything. 

I love watching the majors crumble. 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »
you make a good point Raide, but it's not 10 bucks. cds are always more than that, around me at least. but if they were 10 bucks or less i may buy more.

now, i am the customer....the industry should cater to me. buying cds is not rewarded. the most practical music listening methods no longer involve cds.

i bought cds until very recently but eventually it became clear to me that downloading (legally through purchase or otherwise) was the way things were going...but my I.E. dwelling ass has yet to buy an ipod or anything like that....I got an external hard drive a while back but between ages 18-21 (i'm 21 now) as i'm sure many of you know...real life hits and i have practical ass broke college kid shit to pay for.

i've supported these artists for years, i have shelves of their records (some much whacker than others. i bought the wash soundtrack for god sakes) and they haven't done shit for me so I feel no guilt for downloading some of the shit, especially since it pisses me off that cats like dre leave so much desirable material unreleased and unconsolidated so once more...no guilt here.

i agree with Jrome, let the majors crumble. rich artists like dre will always have outlets for their work.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Chad Vader

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
you make a good point Raide, but it's not 10 bucks. cds are always more than that, around me at least. but if they were 10 bucks or less i may buy more.

now, i am the customer....the industry should cater to me. buying cds is not rewarded. the most practical music listening methods no longer involve cds.

i bought cds until very recently but eventually it became clear to me that downloading (legally through purchase or otherwise) was the way things were going...but my I.E. dwelling ass has yet to buy an ipod or anything like that....I got an external hard drive a while back but between ages 18-21 (i'm 21 now) as i'm sure many of you know...real life hits and i have practical ass broke college kid shit to pay for.

i've supported these artists for years, i have shelves of their records (some much whacker than others. i bought the wash soundtrack for god sakes) and they haven't done shit for me so I feel no guilt for downloading some of the shit, especially since it pisses me off that cats like dre leave so much desirable material unreleased and unconsolidated so once more...no guilt here.

i agree with Jrome, let the majors crumble. rich artists like dre will always have outlets for their work.

-T

this fit more here so join this convo;  ;)
The Positive Effect Music Downloading Has Had On The Music Industry

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2009, 12:43:12 AM »

-T

but Dre is concerned with having commercial success

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »
as cool as relapse is, it's too little too late.

he'da dropped raekwon's album two years ago, i'da bought it

he'da dropped bishop lamont's album one year ago, i'da bought it

etc etc.

i don't know if y'all noticed, but there's been an economic meltdown since december 2007. music is the last shit regular people should be buying. i buy comic books, because the creators of them don't treat me like shit, don't care that i am not a woman, and are very cool to me. a lot of them do sketches for me and shit...for free as well.

if i ever approached eminem, snoop, cube, dre the way i do comic creators when i have a fan to artist conversation guess the reaction i'd get "get off my dick and tell your bitch to come here"

fuck rappers, they've never done shit for us.

if they want our money they better do some MINDblowing shit.

relapse is cool, but it's too little too late.

kid cudi's tapes are cool but there's really only 7-10 bangers

etc etc.

we are the consumer, it is their job to make us want to consume. it is not our fault if the art is not good/fair/plentiful enough to compel us to consume it.

don't vilify me; as usual the villains are the rich.

it's the companies own damn fault.

i go to borders, right? sometimes anyway...they got cds for 13.99, 14.99, 15.99 etc. talking about it's a sale everything must go...i say they should sell that shit at 8.99, 9.99 and watch it fly out the door. my friend that works there says that they'd lose money if they did that.

i say...Look at 12.99, 13.99, 14.99 etc. NOONE has bought them shits. at 9.99 at least they're making that ten bucks back. ten bucks back is better than nothing back.....

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Chad Vader

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »
as cool as relapse is, it's too little too late.

he'da dropped raekwon's album two years ago, i'da bought it

he'da dropped bishop lamont's album one year ago, i'da bought it

etc etc.

i don't know if y'all noticed, but there's been an economic meltdown since December 2007. music is the last shit regular people should be buying. i buy comic books, because the creators of them don't treat me like shit, don't care that i am not a woman, and are very cool to me. a lot of them do sketches for me and shit...for free as well.

if i ever approached eminem, snoop, cube, Dre the way i do comic creators when i have a fan to artist conversation guess the reaction I'd get "get off my dick and tell your bitch to come here"

fuck rappers, they've never done shit for us.

if they want our money they better do some MINDblowing shit.

relapse is cool, but it's too little too late.

kid cudi's tapes are cool but there's really only 7-10 bangers

etc etc.

we are the consumer, it is their job to make us want to consume. it is not our fault if the art is not good/fair/plentiful enough to compel us to consume it.

don't vilify me; as usual the villains are the rich.

it's the companies own damn fault.

i go to borders, right? sometimes anyway...they got Cd's for 13.99, 14.99, 15.99 etc. talking about it's a sale everything must go...i say they should sell that shit at 8.99, 9.99 and watch it fly out the door. my friend that works there says that they'd lose money if they did that.

i say...Look at 12.99, 13.99, 14.99 etc. NOONE has bought them shits. at 9.99 at least they're making that ten bucks back. ten bucks back is better than nothing back.....

-T

here's where I got to arrest you Tanj..... you're a highly intelligent cat.  ;)
But at the same time you treat showbiz cats as objects.  :-[
These cats are in their alter ego as artists...  so when you have bought their album/seen their movie and what not,their oblagation to you is over.
They donīt have to be in their alter ego when they meet you... they checked out,so now theyīre Andre Young,Curtis Jackson and so on.
They donīt want a fan asking questinions about their fairytales.... itīs showbiz,nothing more,nothing less