Author Topic: Who Supports The "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement"?  (Read 3377 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Who Supports The "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement"?
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
I think it depends on how you approach them and where. The downside of being a celebrity is having everyone run up to you when you are trying to be low-key or do everyday things. I've chopped it up with a lot of artists (mostly West Coast underground and backpackers) at shows or studios and it makes them much easier to relate to. But rappers aren't required to do anything for the communities or be public servants, so it's unfair to judge them in that manner. Their duty is to make music and that's where it ends. I respect those like Too Short and Mistah FAB who are known for giving back with youth programs and things like that but that's not their job.
I got a bird's eye view

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Who Supports The "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement"?
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
y'all totally missed my point.

part of it was, yeah that's fine that you consider "get off my dick and tell your bitch to come here" justified, but i can support the comic book industry, and comics are like 3-4 bucks a pop versus 15-20 bucks a pop, and 90% of the creators are super cool to fans..

so i'm getting more value, respect and interaction from these cats.

rap is constantly putting people down, costs a gang, and rappers are macho assheads for the most part....i don't want to give those fuckers my money anymore.

i've given them so much money for so little over the years....i don't feel guilty at all.

if relapse would have come out pre-economic meltdown, i'da bought it by now.

it's a different time. i still want music, but it straight CAN'T figure into my budget right now..also largely because buying a cd is not the final format i will have this  music in...and i'm SUPER straight on paying for downloads soooo yeah, you can try all day to make me feel sorry for the poor rappers who don't sell the millions of records they used to...they will have to do a lot for me to care to spend money on their shit again and even then, prices have got to go down.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram