Author Topic: GSW Hoops  (Read 5714 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: GSW Hoops
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2007, 11:49:13 AM »
^^ i just dont see the lakers making the playoffs this year maybe if they expanded to 10 teams they would have a chance

wanna make this another bet too? that's right. :-*

Don't lie to yourself.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »
BTW, I really love how ya'll matched up against the Pistons last night...I guess 13-11 is killer for your guys this time of year. :-\

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 12:24:12 AM »
We wish we could be as good as the Lakers, wow!!! You guys are 1 whole game up on us..It's a long season, don't worry about the Warriors so much, they will be in the playoffs.
I got a bird's eye view

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03:56 PM »
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Golden State weathered an early Memphis offensive flurry and a late rally to turn back the Grizzlies.

Stephen Jackson had 28 points and 12 rebounds, and Monta Ellis added 23 points to help Golden State end a three-game road losing streak with a 125-117 victory over Memphis on Monday night.

The victory overshadowed 32 points from Memphis forward Rudy Gay, the second consecutive game in which he has surpassed 30. Memphis lost its fifth straight at home despite missing only one of its first 10 shots.

"It was a game of swings," Memphis coach Marc Iavaroni said. "We got the first punches in, and they came back with more punches and got more of them in."

Baron Davis finished with 22 points and eight assists, and Al Harrington added 17 points. Kelenna Azubuike scored 15 for Golden State.

Mike Miller finished with 20 points and seven assists for Memphis, while Kyle Lowry contributed 18 points. Juan Carlos Navarro scored 17 points, and Stromile Swift finished with 13.

The Warriors appeared in control as they maintained a double-digit advantage through the midway point of the fourth quarter. But Memphis began connecting from long range with a 3-pointer by Navarro, and a pair by Miller. Gay connected on two free throws to get Memphis within 113-107 with 3:07 left.

But Memphis was unable to get closer than five in the closing seconds.

"At the end of the game, we started clock-watching, and they started hitting shots," Jackson said of the Grizzlies' final spurt. "The only thing bad about this game was we didn't finish the game like we should have."

Golden State coach Don Nelson added: "We had a few letdowns in the fourth quarter, but other than that, the best team won."

The Grizzlies still were without leading rebounder and second-leading scorer Pau Gasol, who missed his third game with a jammed right big toe. Starting center Darko Milicic also aggravated a nagging left ankle injury and played less than nine minutes. The absence of the two 7-footers left the Grizzlies to go with a smaller lineup.

Memphis, which entered the fourth hitting only one of its 16 shots outside the arc, connected on 8-of-13 from long range in the final period to make it close down the stretch.

"We just couldn't find a way to stop them, and our 3s were ice cold," Iavaroni said. "When you spot them a lot of threes, even though you catch up in the last quarter with a flurry of them, you are playing catch up ball. We couldn't get enough stops at the end."

Most expected the game to be a high-scoring affair because the Warriors have the second-highest scoring average in the league and allow more points than anyone else. Memphis is among the top 10 scoring teams and surrenders more points than any other team except Golden State.

But when it was time to make stops, the Warriors executed down the stretch.

"With our style of play, we're going to give up a lot of points," Davis said. "But at the same time, we can knuckle down when it's time. We start getting in the passing lanes and start scrapping. That's our makeup."
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »
they really need to stop trying to make JACK the slasher type scorer.  he should not be dribbling the ball up into traffic, he is way to venerable to commit a turnover.  make azubkie your 2nd 3rd option after bd, monta, and al.  Jack is a spot up shooter, who can play a good post game.  but he is not a slasher.  sorry.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »
they really need to stop trying to make JACK the slasher type scorer.  he should not be dribbling the ball up into traffic, he is way to venerable to commit a turnover.  make azubkie your 2nd 3rd option after bd, monta, and al.  Jack is a spot up shooter, who can play a good post game.  but he is not a slasher.  sorry.

I'm sorry, but S-Jax is a better player than Monta, Al, and Azubukie...He's a good shooter and a slasher. I'd say he's doin really good this season.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
I see your point Sanford, he does look sketchy a lot with his dribbling and going to the lane sometimes, but he finds a way to get it done. He really fits the whole unorthodox style they play with, and he has been huge since he came off his suspension. I would rather see Ellis or Azubuke slashing than Jackson, but Jackson has that determination and he makes things happen.
I got a bird's eye view

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

I'm sorry, but S-Jax is a better player than Monta, Al, and Azubukie...He's a good shooter and a slasher. I'd say he's doin really good this season.
its not S-Jax, its JACK

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »
^Shows how much you know.

Ya'll keep losing. :-\

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »
did any of u guys catch the Warriors game last night? They beat san antonio in overtime in typical Warriors fashion. I thought that it was a HUGE win for GS. We've beated SA twice so far this season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »
Great win...you're still gunna owe me at the end of the season, though. ;)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 12:05:12 PM »
^^ i'm optimistic that i will win our bets.  8). ill be in LA thur night we should burn it down

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
Warriors play Portland wed night that's gonna be a fuckin game right there

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »
^^ i'm optimistic that i will win our bets.  8). ill be in LA thur night we should burn it down

lemme know when you're in town. got some headbeezy in the bleezy, homie. 8)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »
Warriors play Portland wed night that's gonna be a fuckin game right there

looking forward to it. too bad B Roy is a game time decision though