Author Topic: Survivor New York // Reka The Saint & MC SHAN NOW FREE!!  (Read 53 times)

Reka The Saint

• Lil Geezy
Survivor New York // Reka The Saint & MC SHAN NOW FREE!!
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:27:42 AM »
What up DubCnn?

Let me get a few things out of the way. Much love to all the West Coast and my Queens heads out there doing there thing. Big up to Ali Vegas, Lamar Odom and the whole Rich Soil camp. Big up to First Cousins and my label Illseed Ent. out here in Queens, NY. Also I wanted to give props to Conan Milne for covering the Survivor NY mix-album on DubbCnn and exposing me to this dope site. Thanks cuz, I'ma keep checkin in over here.....

Let me give you a little background on why I reached out to my man MC Shan to host my 07 street album (big up to Mathew Caputo // The Source, XXL, Slam mag, etc. for puttin that together for me). I'll try to make this short. As you probably already realized, it don't take much to call yourself a Rapper or a DJ anymore. If you gotta computer I guess that's all it takes. That's all love, I can't hate on anybody that love and contributes to rap. How could I hate on that, we all start out somewhere right? But yo, for me there's seems to be allot of bullshit self proclaiming DJ's and rappers out there. I been doin this shit for a hot mini driver. I didn't start spittin to be famous, etc. I was in the street my whole life and put 2 and 2 together, it just happened that way. As a matter of fact when I started rap was a whole other thing. At any rate, point blank there is allot of DJ's out there with obviously absolutely no talent. It seems like if you can scream over a joint then your a DJ or something.

For me I wanted to do something different. There are allot of people that paved the way for us that's doin it now. Let me say I am honored to have had Shan host this shit for me. He may not be the current "popin" DJ that contributes nothing creatively to rap, but he is a fuckin rap legend and he is still doin his thing and his legacy will not be forgotten. Unlike 200% of today's "DJ's." Plus he's from Queens, so I gotta rep my boro.

Here's a little behind the scenes on how real MC Shan is. I slid out to Jamaica to pick him up. I forget the reason but I couldn't get into the Illseed studio that night. So I was like fuck it we'll do the shit at Ski's crib (my brother / main producer). We uploaded the shit to my brothers computer so he could do his dirty and host the shit. The environment: 99%, no AC, no light in the computers room and one candle. I can't front I felt like a idiot and I was mad apologetic. Keep in mind, Shan has made money in the rap game that most people wish they could. He was like, son....aint no thing. Point is he was mad regular. The reason I even bring this shit up is that is a testament to his character. Nowadays we got artists that haven't done 1/10th that expect the world. Shan was on some regular shit. I guess the point is fuck all that hollywood shit. It's cool to have bread blah blah, but that shit is only complimentary if your a real person. If you aint a real person, than your just a fake person with allot of bread. Who wants that? It seems like allot of people nowadays, but it is what it is.... Big up to the legend MC SHAN for keepin it funky fresh.

Now that I put that out there and said my piece you can go download the album for free from my myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/rekaking

This record features artists that are all my people that I rock with on the regular, no fake shit:

Shabaam Sahdeeq, Ali Vegas, First Cousins, etc......Production: Thorotracks, Joski, etc....

Please come show your boy some love and download and enjoy the shit. All original (non fake keyboard soundin) beats.

Much love to my second home the West Coast, stay easy.

Ya boy Reka "The Saint"

myspace.com/rekaking

BostonKingB

• Lil Geezy
Re: Survivor New York // Reka The Saint & MC SHAN NOW FREE!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
damn i just saw this, definitely looking forward to checking it out